It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vibration of the body in sleep..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hm you know this topic got me thinking.
Becauase sometimes I wake up and it feels as though my beds "vibrating/shaking" but now i'm wondering, what if it was me? It has only happened I think 3 times. And I wake up freaked out a bit because Idk if im experiancing a scene from the excorsist or what but..I'll pay more attention next time it happens.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it, it's definitely got nothing to do with the exorcist, or atleast I hope not.
When I'm lying in bed, I'm vibrating all the time, sometimes it's get so bad, that you can literally feel the bed vibrating. I told my mother and sister and now they just make fun of me. Well it's certainly no fun for me, especially as it keeps me awake. Sometimes I'm lucky if I get just two hours sleep a night. I would love to know what's causing it, as it's been happening for quite a while now. One for the X-Files.
Anyone got Mulder and Scully's phone number.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well. I am a senior citizen and this started up about four years ago. It happens every day at nap time and my body feels like jello, just as I'm falling asleep. No paralysis, lights, buzzing or anything else in my case - just vibrating jello. Internal vibrating jello, as if all my internal organs just turned to jello and started vibrating. A strange sensation indeed. It isn't a physical problem, I guess, as I've lived in perfect health with it for all these years, so I'm assuming it's a spiritual thing. I've never had an OBE that I'm aware of. Never took drugs and never drank alcohol - simply because I don't care for them, not because I'm a do-gooder. It is comforting to know that other people experience this type of thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

I have been having these experiences for about 7 years now. It started as I was seeking religion, and the truth about God. Sometimes it happened when going to sleep, and sometimes in the morning. It started with gentle vibration throughout my body, and colored geometric shapes that constantly moved. This was with my eyes closed. It was a very very plesant feeling. I associated it with a filling of the holy spirit. I actually had an entire 3 days that it happened at any time I sat quietly. I felt like simply going into a room by myself just so I could enjoy the experience of being in the presence of God, but of course life is busy, and I couldn't just shut myself away. Besides, I wasn't telling anyone about this, as I thought they would think me crazy. So I tried to act normal. But I have to admit that even I thought maybe there was some physical problem, or mental problem, as it persisted. When trying to explain to my doctor, he suggested I have sleep studies done. Very expensive so I didn't. The noise didn't start until about the 3 or 4 year. That was scary for me. I'd try to stop it. Now I've learned to just go with it. I also have the flashing strobe light visual effect once in a great while. Also sometimes I faintly hear music that isn't there, tinkling bells, or quiet voices. I am not crazy. I am a quality engineer, and have a responsible position, and am very sane. I have come to accept these experiences. There is one other thing I experience that just started about a year ago. I feel a presence in the bedroom. I can feel someone/something sit on the bed. You know how you can kind of feel the bed move if someone sits on it? Sometimes it seems to lay down beside me. Sometimes it happens along with the vibrations and the noise. This bothers me. I usually am about half awake, and I tell it to go away, or leave in the name of Jesus. I don't know what it is all about. I used to think it was only me. I think it may be something out there, that is working on us, or in us. Possibly a God thing, or possibly an alien thing. I don't know. I just have to keep my faith in God, and try not to let any of these experiences turn me away from Him.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I have experienced this sensation twice over the past year. I lie down completely awake and a few moments later dare I say, it feels like my body is being posessed. I can't open my eyes no matter how aware of the fact that I am awake I am. I start to get a buzzing that quickly transforms to a loud vibration in my ears. The only sound and feeling that I can compare it to is a plane taking off inside of my body -- Thats both what it sounds and feels like. Then, my body starts vibrating uncontrolably and I just lay there completely scared and hope for it to be over. Ive tried to research this and all of the scientific explanations just don't cut it for me. Both times I have been convinced that there has been a spirit with me. The first time I felt warm and was convinced that my grandmother was trying to communicate with me. When I sprung out of bed, my entire body was tingling as if the blood had just been returned everywhere and when i looked in the mirror everything from my face to my hands to my feet was very pale.
Maybe it was because I had been thinking about her earlier, but I felt someone saying my name in a non-verbal manner.

The second time this happened was about an hour ago, and I am still shaken up. I had the entire airplane sensation -- the buzzing, the vibrating, the paralysis. I had layed down and this time began to actually drift off into a half-sleep. About half an hour later, I was awoken however my eyes were still closed -- to a "dream" about a man and I in a car. I was scared, and I opened my eyes, but I couldnt move. I was staring at the wall as I was simultaneously in this "dream" he started telling me that he was going to run us into a pole to my death. We were speeding through a night street. I was completely aware of where I was in my bed but I couldnt stop it eventough my eyes were open. As his car sped up, the vibration in my head and heart got so strong that the entire airplane sensation was overwhelming. I was convinced that this man in this dream was a spirit that did have the power to kill me through these vibrations that might stop my heart. With all of my mental power I silently yelled in my head, "No I dont want to die let me out!" at that very moment I felt him in the drivers seat pass from one side of my body to the other and float upwards. I slowly got the sensation back into my legs and arms although my ears were still ringing and just started at the cieling. I saw waves of energy everywhere -- like when its so hot outside you can see the heat coming up from the asphalt. The waves were so clear and present in an entire corner of the room I just watched as they faded out after I sat up in bed for a good 5 minutes.

This unlike the first experience felt evil and scary like something wished something very bad upon me. I swore that the vibrations got so strong that I really thought that my heart ws about to eplode. I believe in the paranormal but I have never been overly interseted or tried to reach spirits or whatever it might be but I am 100% convinced that something very real happened on both occasions.

Ive been reading everyone else posts, and I feel like a freak since mine has been the only one accompanied by a psycho dream/scenario such as this, but is there anyone else that has actually seen a person or spirit or talked to someone while experiencing this? im completely freaked out. It was way to real and I know I'm not .

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hi anonymous. To be on the safe side, maybe you should get yourself fully checked out by a physician just to make sure there's nothing physically wrong. I myself, should do likewise.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, they are certainly interesting to read about. As for the geometric eye patterns. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume everyone gets the coloured geometric shapes that you talk about. If you close your eyes tighter than normal or place your palms over your eyes you should be able to see all kinds of patterns. When I do it, I get black & white, checkboard patterns swirling about, which then changes after a period of time to all sorts of bizarre coloured patterns. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

After my second OBE, a lot of bizarre things started to happen. For about a month I had the same recurring dream that were truly terrifying. As soon as I fell asleep, I would find my self surrounded by these phantom like shadow people who seemed to have the ability to magnify your fears ten fold.

I've seen them mentioned before, in some of the OBE threads on ATS. These dreams brought about insomnia, where I was barely getting any sleep. As soon as I fell asleep, they were there waiting like parasites to attack me. I'm not religious, but after a month of these awful dreams, I found myself crying out to Jesus and GOD to help me. Then all of a sudden I felt myself become enveloped by energy that felt absolutely amazing and overpowering. I went from being truly terrified to feeling completely invincible and can recall shouting at these things to leave me alone and at the same time I was mocking them. Thankfully that was the end of that recurring dream and one thing I've realised since that experience, is that nightmares no longer bother me. I now just laugh them off and go back to sleep.

In regards to your bedroom visitations, I'm just as uninformed as you are. I did have one experience that I would possibly describe as a bedroom visitation. It happened not long after I had my second OBE. I wonder if all these experiences are connected somehow.

I was lying in bed and woke up and checked the clock on my video to see what time it was. I saw it was 3.00am and turned back around to face the wall and go back to sleep. About 5 minutes later I instinctively felt a presence in the room. I then heard a voice that seemed to be coming from inside my head. This voice bizarrely told me not to worry and don't turn around. I then immediately felt myself enveloped in what I can only describes as some sort of energy, that felt truly amazing. It was the same type of energy I felt during my NDE and dream.

While all this was going on, my first instinct was to turn around and see what the heck was standing behind me, so I struggled about and managed to break free from a slight paralysis, only to see that there was nothing there. Well after about 5 minutes, I more or less convinced myself that I had simply been dreaming and decided to go back to sleep. The time was now about 3.15am.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I heard the same male sounding voice again, but this time it seemed annoyed and raised it's voice saying "You weren't supposed to turn around". I can remember arguing with this thing saying, "why I'm I not allowed to see you". I then felt myself again being paralysed and felt the same energy envelop my entire body and again I struggled to break free and confront whatever it was that was standing behind me. After about 1 minute I managed to break free and quickly turned around to see what was there, but again there was nothing there. I checked my video and the time was now 3.30am.

At this point, I jumped out of bed and turned the light on and basically spent the next 30 minutes trying to convince myself that I must of been dreaming, but it couldn't of been a dream, because I'm sure I was awake during the entire experience. I've had dreams before where you think you're awake but you're not and I instinctively knew afterwards that it was a dream, but this just felt so real.

At the time, because of the feel good factor of this energy I was enveloped in, I saw it as a positive experience, but now I'm not so sure, as my health has took a turn for the worst and I have lost the ability to even meditate like I used too and I just feel like my energy is being drained all the time. Now I've been having total body vibrations for the last year. Just like you, I'm none the wiser to what it all means and what's happening. Even so, if I could turn back the clock, I wouldn't. These spiritual experiences have completely changed my outlook on the meaning of life and there's definitely more to this reality than meets the eye.

I think maybe your experience about the car was probably just a dream. I really don't know what to make of your other experiences and vibrations. In that respect, I'm in the same boat as you. What can I say except, what doesn't break you, only makes you stronger. Try and stay positive.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I have Hypnagogia and Exploding Head Syndrome due to Multiple Sclerosis. Nothings worse than almost being asleep and hearing a LOUD
BAM!!! right in your ears. It scares the crap out of me. I actually got upset with the kids thinking they were slamming doors.

As for the vibrations, I have been drifting off to sleep and suddenly felt very strong vibrations. I slid my hand over and put it on my husbands leg and then his back thinking he was shaking the bed but he was calm and asleep. Then I reached over and layed my hand on the bed and it truly felt like the bed was moving.

The first time it happened I thought I was going crazy or something was on or around my bed shaking it. Scary stuff.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by Bachrk]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I didn't realise that these vibrations were so common, so why I haven't I heard anything about them before. I'm trying to find a down to Earth logical explanation for vibrations. I wonder if it could be caused by exposure to EMF fields or sound frequency's from wireless modems etc.

www.drchristinehorner.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

I have had the loud (continual) tone in my left ear since April of 07, strobe light effects with my eyes closed where I see strobe like glimpses of photos, charts, maps, graphs all in like a negative (black with white outlining). My body has also been buzzing or vibrating during sleep. Nice to know someone else is experiencing this stuff....

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I get similar, just before I fall to sleep if I'm really tired I feel like I'm vibrating, it also happens in the morning after I wake up and drift for a while. Its happened since I can remember and I oddly enjoy it.

The thing is I am not a very spiritual person, spirituality and religion do interest me as others value it greatly but I don't value it in the same way myself as such, it did increase when I started meditating but I think this is the case because meditation often puts me in a half awake and half asleep state of mind, which as said is when I get these vibrations.

Oh and in case you wonder how I can meditate without being spiritual I still see the value of this exercise even if I don't necessarily agree with the traditional explanation for why it works.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would like to share my experience. Can someone please help me in identifying within me? I write this after reading all your
experiences. It is not exactly the same I feel, though it is very similar. Please Let me tell what happens, to start with,

I cannot determine when would it happen. It happens randomly. It always or mostly happens in my sleep. I don't hear any sound at all,
no whinning noise, nothing in sound. All I feel is a kind of an indifferent sensation or call it as vibration on the back portion of my head. It
gets very strong if I don't come to normal senses, that is if i do not awaken myself out of sleep. And, importantly, I am having a severe
feeling of fear. I fear like I can't bear it any more. Very afraid of it. And whenever it happens, i can only realize that my hands or palms
are on the back portion of my head, either directly or under the pillow or it is on my chest or some in specific position on my body. It has
been happening randomly for the past 6 or 7 years. I'm now 27yrs. My only concern is why am I feeling so scared or afraid. I fear a lot
when it happens. How to overcome? Please help.

About me:
I started meditating along with my dad and grandpa when I was 12 or 14yrs old. But now, I used to medidate only occasionaly, no
schedule.. whenever I feel like i want to sit calm i do. there is no schedule, when i feel i need, i sit.. And, I learnt reiki when i was in 19
or 20yrs and now I don't even practice that regularly. When I asked about this to my reiki master, they only told me not even try to know
what is that. Just practice!. Please help...

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The vibrations within the body are a physical signpost.
Next will come the prompts EG 11:11 12:34 on the clocks deja vue missing time .
All I can say about all this at this time on good old planet earth is that maybe conciousness is wanting to now jump and evolve.
The frequency we all inhabit is starting to notch up.
The ride is starting maybe early for some.
I think of it as a human spiritual forward scouting section.
The few experiencing whats coming now then somehow educating others as and when its possible
Note You cant micro manage people on a spiritual level and you cant spoonfeed them either.
Keep centralized and pay attention to you and not your mind which will promote fear and worry ,
The mind at this moment produces a false self Not the real YOU.
The mind hates all this spiritual development and will thwart you every second of the day.
Stay vigilant

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I awoke one morning feeling a vibration as well. It was subtle but obvious. I live in TX, so I don't think it was a tremor. I have only felt it once though it has stayed in my mind ever since. I'm glad to know someone else has felt it. It seems that I attract strange things, if I didn't have witnesses sometimes, I would think I was insane.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I was awoken by my wife last night whilst deep asleep and having a nice normal dream. She had been awoken by me . She said, I was vibrating and shaking all over. She thought I was having convulsions, but I felt nothing. The odd thing is that she said I was shaking all over. And no matter how hard I try, I cannot get my torso to vibrate and shake like tremors when I am awake . Only my extremities.
So I have no idea as to what caused it.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ok, me too. I just heard in another thread and sought out more information. I too assumed it had to do with Earth Changes. I predicted two earthquakes with the vibrations but on the third try I was wrong. I didn't know it was associated with Astral Travel. I thought I was sensing vibration in the earth like the animals do somehow.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I feel these vibrations too. I feel them all day, every once in a while they completely stop and I'm in total bliss for a few seconds. But then it starts up again, in fact I haven't felt that complete bliss feeling in a good while, but I can tell when it occurs. It's so strange. Even if I just sit still and breath slowly, I feel the vibrations constantly, I haven't figured out what triggers the bliss moments.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
could it be a light body phenomenon?
which is conected to the switch to a higher dimension?
i experienced different pheonomenons conected with this incidence!
not being able to sleep properly, feeling certain vibes of my own body when i am close to sleep, panic attacks, not being able to focus while seeing or seing certain flashed
body is in perfect shape!

it is a bit difficult to explain since english is not my mother tongue!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

the roaring sensation is when your in transition to a higher vibrational dimension. I been messing with this for about a year now. I use to have Sleep Paralysis and one day I started to notice the vibrations. If you fight it you will usually egg it on or wake up. I now have noticed that if you let it consume you and mentally think of lifting out of your body or thing of going some where else the separation will happen right away a the vibration sensation take seconds. One you experience a OBE or Astral Projection you will never want to stop. Just remember the fear will hold you back...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've experience this "sleep vibration" but it's in the dream state. Usually accompanied witht the feeling that I can't open my eyes and the sensation that I am levitating above my bed. I've also awoken in the night feeling as if I had my bottom half bent around in such a way that my feet were perched on either side of my head. Even if I woke up staring at my toes as they stuck out of the bottom of my covers.

It perplexes me to this very day how that sensation came to be... as well as the vibrations in my sleep.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

has anyone ever figured in the potential effects from the large hadron collider that just fired off some protons in switzerland? i understand the US has some smaller installations. how long have they been in operation? i have been having these entire body vibrations for the past year (& they feel very good to me!) and the early morning of that firing i had a more intense episode. i know this vibration sensation has been happening to alot of people that sends them off in a panic state to their md's!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join