It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government "Strike Teams" Invade Homes, Harass Flood Victims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Government "Strike Teams" Invade Homes, Harass Flood Victims

www.prisonplanet.com

Shocking footage out of Cedar Rapids Iowa shows cops and government employee "strike teams" breaking into houses of flood victims and threatening anyone who questions their actions in complete violation of the 4th amendment right that protects against unlawful search and seizure.

No warrant, no knock home invasions are being carried out on the flimsy pretext of "checking for structural damage" as cops harass and threaten with arrest people who refuse to have their homes ransacked by thugs in uniforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This seems, at the least, heavy handed, and at the worst, total disregard for peoples private proerty and civil liberties.

The video is somewhat reminiscent of comical ali when he insisted there were no US troops in Iraq - as a tank drove by in the background.

From the article:

Cedar Rapids police chief Greg Graham promised residents over the weekend that "Law enforcement officers are not entering homes," and that firefighters would only enter homes through unlocked doors and windows yet the video clearly shows locked houses being broken in to

So are these intrusions justified?

Or are they yet more heavy handed tactis used to intimidate and suppress freedoms?

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

This doesn't surprise me at all. It happened during Katrina. Why would things be any different now?

I'm sure we will hear a lot more about these types of situations as flooding continues.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
well what can you say, it is an emergency zone,
now if they LEVEL Lethal Weapons at occupants then, 2nd
Ammendment is Constitutionally Self Defense. I wonder
how they are going to spin this engagement when it happens.
there still a lot of good ole people who still trust this entity.
they will not make the same mistake twice... I guarantee

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Please add to existing Discussion : Here

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join