It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Sees God While Dying; Lives to Tell (Article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Even if you don't believe in God and take it out of the equation this is still a really interesting story...quite miraculous...

www.annistonstar.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I once played a hand of blackjack with the devil for my life!

21 BoooYahhh!

I started breathing again.

I quit card counting after that!

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I believe it's just '___' from your pineal gland.

What about NDE's from people all over the world? Why is every NDE i hear about in the Propaganda Media reflect on Christianity
. id like to see some more very convincing NDE of people seeing Buddha or Krishna Ra Thor etc. not enough of those around.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by bod2k8

I believe it's just '___' from your pineal gland.

What about NDE's from people all over the world? Why is every NDE i hear about in the Propaganda Media reflect on Christianity
. id like to see some more very convincing NDE of people seeing Buddha or Krishna Ra Thor etc. not enough of those around.

I don't know WHAT it is (I certainly wouldn't qualify any such experience by the word "just"), but the apparent fact that very many - not at all "every" - of the NDE reports involve Christian imagery is anything but surprising or suspicious: public interest in such reports and the influence of the media themselves are currently predominantly a Western phenomenon - and the West is, rather obviously, steeped in the Christian (religious AND cultural) tradition.
And so, it is only natural that people - regardless of their actual (or conscious) religious convictions - would see "archetypes" (IF that's what they are, it's just a theory) in the guise of Christian imagery.

Reposing in the acute awareness of one's not-knowing is not only pleasant and liberating - it's also wise.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
"No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him." - John 1:18

"At no time has anyone beheld God." - 1John 4:12

"And he added: 'You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.'" - Exodus 33:20

He should absorb that...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bod2k8

Actually it isnt.

If you actually researched there are some NDE's where people where atheists and the being came in the form of different religions figures.

reply to post by ChronMan

And this the people don't see god himself. They see a kind loving being..

Not god himself.. It projects into the particular figure you worship, or loved ones.

I want to add.

www.near-death.com...
My own NDE research shows that atheists who return from a NDE may not believe in a God after it, but they do return recognizing a higher power in the universe and behind everything.

Of all the possible near-death elements, the light exerted the greatest influence on the individual. Patients interpreted the light as a being - a being that radiated love and warmth. Christians recognized the light as Christ. Atheists identified the spirit only as a guide.

People who report NDEs are no better or worse – and no more or less religious – than in any other cross-section of the population. They come from many religious backgrounds and from the ranks of agnostics and even atheists. The experience seems more closely related to a person's life afterwards than to what it was before.

and on and on.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

And this the people don't see god *himself*

* * = Itself

Man Sees God While Dying

Thats what the guy said, thats what I'm gonna go with...
If he saw his daughter, I don't see how that would represent God.

I don't buy it, thats my opinion. You do, that your opinion.

Not god himself.. It projects into the particular figure you worship, or loved ones.

I was under the impression that bible followers weren't supposed to worship false Idols or "Figures". If you happen to see an image of a bible or "particular figure you worship, or loved ones", that doesn't constitute "Man Sees God". It would be... "Man sees image that he loves or Worships".

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I would imagine that someone whom has never heard of a bible or God or Jesus or any other religious reference whould still see something of a devine nature...We only Use the words God And Jesus cause it has be bread into us...We must give that a name...but '___' is a more resonable explanastion the body would do its best to comfort you while you pass...IMO

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Exodus 33:20-23
Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put theein a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

no one can see god and live

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ddb421

no one can see god and live

That is merely the editorial redacting of the Deuteronomist. The Exodus also includes the much older Hebrew as Moses and the elders ascended the mountain "and gazed upon the God of Israel and ate and drank."

I suggest reading Margaret Barker's work on the Old Testament and First Enoch.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

"No man has seen God at any time, the only begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him." - John 1:18

Still Old Testament?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChronMan
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Still Old Testament?

well it seems as if they did see gods face

The Exodus also includes the much older Hebrew as Moses and the elders ascended the mountain "and gazed upon the God of Israel and ate and drank."

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
NDE could be your brain going frizzled. frying.
replaying the important things one considers. ones faith will determine what is seen or interpreted during that free floating point.
its like drowning. after the struggle its all easy. till it whites out.
but really if your believe in a god one would interpret it as heaven or the man himself.
where as an evolutionist could percieve it as the cosmos
or a plain of oblivion if your a satanist. it all comes down to ones perception and what they truly believe inside.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
God ... I love watching everyone argue with holy
scriptures that constantly contradict each other..

does that not tell you something??

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
sorry mods I forgot about the language is the video..
Hope its ok...
I wasn`t thinking there....
mabey i was supposed to give a foul language warning...
so sorry

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't see contradiction... know one has seen the creators face not Moses not even Enoch. What it actually says is that Moses and the Elders gazed upon GOD, but it doesn't mean they saw his face. As for Enoch the only man to walk the face of the Earth with GOD only means that he was one with GOD, and in his own words he claims that he could not look the Holy Father in the face but could only see his robe, that was brighter than the sun itself.

top topics

join