It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Amend the Constitution to Guarantee Disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I was contemplating writing a thread that basically stated;

If I ever came across knowledge of E.T.s, Near free energy sources, Government plots, etc., that I would Swear that I would do all that I could in my power to gather the necessary proof and blow the whistle.

Basically I would not hoard a scientific discovery, nor shy from my duty as an American and World citizen to look out for my fellow man.

Then I realized that they could lock me up, or prevent me from ever getting a Top Secret clearance again. (and the jobs that go with it)

So that got me thinking about the various oaths that our elected representatives make when they take office. Take for instance the president...

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
(Why do I always hear Kennedy in my head when I read that oath?)
memory.loc.gov...

Well, then all we need is an amendment to the constitution stating the very thing that I was willing to swear.

"As duly elected officials, Representatives of both branches of the Federal government are required to keep informed, the general population, of all developments that directly or indirectly affect said population and their pertinent rights."

I know that petitions are not allowed, so that nixed my other idea as well. But what do you all think?

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 19-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sure is quiet in here. Maybe all the Americans are asleep?

Do the Aussies have this in their country?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Early morning bump.

Good morning ats!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Seriously? not a single person finds this idea to be a good one? Oh well, see you all after work...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well, I don't know what you guys think, but I think that this thread sucks.

I think I'm going to mosey on over to that new thread about Prophet Yahweh.

I hear that he is going to give a special showing to Robbie Williams.

That thread is going to Rock.

top topics

join