It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 mpg aptera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Have you guys seen this new car? It may kind of look like the beaten down middle lower class george jetson speeder, but the hybrid version of this guy can net you almost 1000mpg in a 80 mile range. The hybrid version comes out in 2010. The electric version comes out this year and is only $27,000, it maxes out around 65-70mph so you can drive it on the freeway, has a 360 degree camera assisted view, GPS, Solar powered climate control and is all electric with a 120 mph range and a 2 hour recharge. The vehicles interior is made from recycled materials and it looks cool as hell. It comes stock with a gps touch screen computer to control the "brain of the car" check it out here. I think this is way better than the car that runs off of water.
www.aptera.com...[/url]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Dude! flag for you my friend. This is great!

I want it, and I want it now!

And I can afford it. What a concept!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
yeah ....and you can reserve one for only 500$.......not too much...I have watched many videos on this particular car and can say for one (w/o driving it) that this little bastard is for real.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a thousand miles a gallon is awesome. 300 miles a gallon at 120 miles driving distance. my only concern with it is with all the money you will save on gas, are you going to make it up in higher electricity bills? this thing plugs right into your house. how much money a month would it increase your electric bill?

i'll stick with my 83 mpg scooter for right now. that's right i drive a scooter. and i love it

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
That's why you plug and play at someone elses house!!! That way you don't pay!!

I'd much rather wait for the 2010 one though than the one coming out for this year, but i have my own personal reasons for that one. I don't know enough about either one but i'd rather have a hybrid than an electric car

XL5

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
FremenBlueEyes, in the FAQ, they say the charge time is 4hours and overnight charging will cost 1-2$ with Cali. energy rates. The slower the charge rate, the more money you save, its also the same with gas cars and your acceleration rate.

They also say they are only selling them in Cali.. Personally, I think gas prices need to become so much that you NEED a job, to get to that job and a second job to pay for everything else before people will buy it. Gas prices need to be that painful before people get over the "its dorky" or "its too unsafe" ideas. Up till the gas started going up, it was a size/safty race with paranoid people who slow down for flashing lights, then it was monkey see, monkey do for the rest of em.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why is it that all these alternative energy vehicles are always so damn ugly!?! Do these people understand the market place?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
That's........

............the ugliest thing I've ever seen. God. Can't they get a better design? I've seen students design much better cars than that in a digital art forum.

Jeez......

How can people with great ideas have terrible execution? That thing is godawful damn ugly fugly. Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.........

That thing is so ugly it hurts the eyes...

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
supposedly it plugs into a 110v outlet and the charge at .10cents per Kwh It would cost you around $10 a month.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Macrotus

Supposedly the way the car looks is a design Idea to improve efficiency by reducing wind drag. I think the thing looks pretty cool, very futuristic. Although I would have to believe that this is one car you would never want to be involved in an accident in.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
well sign me up!!!!
who gives a crap what it looks like, if it's going to be that cost and energy efficient than it is most certainly worth it!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the car is sexy, not sexy like the new Camaro but still sexy.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
they design these cars unconventionally because people WANT to be noticed driving them. Its the same thing with the Priuis. Its the reason hybrid cars based on normal production cars sell less compared to the priuis, people see a prius and know automatically its a hybrid as opposed to a civic hybrid which just has a badge saying its a hybrid..

People are vain and want to feel special. This thing could be totally normal looking.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
PM did a test drive video that has a lot of info and some shots in the factory of the frame etc. Hybrid does 90mph!

top topics

join