It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer beats transexual in booking station

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

Cowboys, wild west, gold rush? That was not part of American history? Well then Hollywood has us all suckered then.

My views are not just on the current administration. America has not been liked even before the current administration.

If the people did not want the current administration to continue its actions they would/should have stopped it. Instead no they let it continue, thus it is representative of them.

And how is this relevant to the topic at hand?

Try not to let your mind get clouded padawan.

Did the "administration" do the a$$ kickin'?
No.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Police Brutality surely is on the rise like never before

what the hell is going on?

it's almost like all military and cops are becoming nazis

Im not so sure its on the rise. There have always been people of authority who abuse their power. Its just that now there are cameras everywhere you go. So not only are these cameras catching citizens breaking the law, they are also catching people of authority. Who knows, I could be wrong. Mabye police really are becoming more brutal, But I doubt it. I just think there getting caught more often thanks to the cameras.

Having said that, This police officer most definitely abused his authority. He broke the law and should be punished.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Please keep this on topic and watch the language too.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by umbr45

Of course they realize. They however do not think they are doing anything wrong. They are trained to demean, and torture you with very little respect to the fact you are a human being. You are garbage to them. That's why they act surprised and bewildered when the civilised world reacts with distaste to the atrocities they get away with on a daily basis.
I avoid cops more than I avoid criminals. Criminals get prosecuted for breaking the law. Police are by and large unaccountable, and have a lot more support in creating a story that will make you look like the psychopath.
That's how they get away with charging you with assault if you bump into them, yet nothing happens after they knock someones teeth out with a baton for failure to respond to instructions quickly enough.
When you are a piad thug for the state you get to play by different rules then the rest of us serfs.
Remember, the police have no obligation to protect or serve you. They aren't here for your service. They are here to keep you in your place..............

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Im not so sure its on the rise...Mabye police really are becoming more brutal, But I doubt it.

It's not that cameras just happen to be catching it more. It is happening more as a matter of routine and even training. Talk to the old-school cops. They don't even like the way things are going.

Now don't get me wrong, the old-school officers weren't beyond issuing a punitive beating here and there, but it was done with more "discretion" shall we say. Today, a sideways look at an officer can land you in the hospital. Police are militant now, trained in tactics instead of common sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Punching someone in the face is not going to help you get their fingerprints. In fact, did we see the victim actually get printed? No. So the cop beat the person and still didn't get his job done. Idiot.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff

Very true. Which is why we are getting sick of cops getting away with this crap.

Like I keep saying to the police: Police your own before I feel any sympathy for you when you get shot at because the citizenry is gettin pissed. If you're a good cop and you stand idly by and watch a bad cop beat someone and then testify that the other cop did no wrong, don't try to get sympathy from me when a criminal shoots you because he had a bad experience with a bad cop.

griff, I have to agree with you on that point.

I am not trying to condone everything in this video - far from it, I am just saying that when in that situation it is better to suck it up, roll with it and get 'ahem' justice another day.

Its a bad time to try and assert your rights and wishes if thats come out right - you know, your in the lair of the beast and all that.

As for me ? well... ask asala she'll tell you i'm as far from a sheeple as you could get.

Reason i left my former employement ? 8 on 1 beat down at 5 am and I was the one who handed over the CCTV footage.

You don't last long when you don't run with the pack.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
1.The transsexual had been arrested. Under our system of laws a person is considered innocent until found guilty in court. By definition she is not a "criminal".

2. Police sometimes need to use force when arresting or handling a prisoner. That's a fact of life. But from everything I've ever heard they are supposed to use the minimum force needed. Ignoring the officer's slurs for a moment if he wanted to make her move all he had to do was to grab her arm. One of the effects of estrogen is that a transsexual loses a great deal of strength. The cop was certainly stronger than the TS and should have had no difficulty getting her to comply.

reply to post by Dan Tanna

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Custodial work here in the UK means you work in the prisons system or other secure detention /police custody units.

Ok so wait, you mean all this time when you were giving analogies you were refering to a prison of some sort, or a detention?

My good mr. cctv, this wasn't in a detention center, I mean talk about guilty until proven innocent. What kind of thinking do you have?

That's basically saying treat everyone in the outside world the same as prison inmates.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
Cowboys, wild west, gold rush? That was not part of American history? Well then Hollywood has us all suckered then.

Ummm are you sure you want everyone here at ATS to know just how... ummm... "smart" you really are? You actually believe everything you see on TV?

Back to the topic.... I'm not a violent man, but here in Canada you have the right to defend yourself against any and all threats against you or your loved one's, and your innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

That being said... If that was me and the officer had referred to me as anything but "Sir" or my "given name" I would have done the same, and if the officer was to strike me I would have kicked the snot out of him, as it's part of human nature to defend one's self. Thats why it's in the Constitution.

And for those of you who claim you would have used a taser or other, the same would have still applied to self defense. As one poster said he'll learn his way's after having to eat from a straw for a few months due to a busted jaw. As for the other officers there just a guilty as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

so the police officer beat this man up (man/woman)?
its not really focused on the sex of a person is it since they seem to beating up alot of people these days, oh well anything for the headlines

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I dont care what anyone says, this is a HATE CRIME!
This cop needs to be put in jail, who the H... dose he think he is!

This is why people do not trust cops.
And we wonder why they are call PIGS!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The issue at hand is not the shock value in my opinion. The issue is the increasing numbers of unprovoked attacks by these out of control goons.

I personally saw a 15 year old girl get her face slammed on the hood of a unmarked car for questioning a plainclothes cop for a badge. The car didn't even look like a cop car.

I was at WTO.....

As I said before, I have cop friends. They agree they let in some sadistic SOBs.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
he ain't going to get jail time. he's not even going to get fired.

he'll just be advised to of 'feared for his own saftey' and used 'distraction strikes' to control the arrested person who had no cuffs on.

he will then use the video of its non-compliance to show what a terrible person this person is.

He will then say that he drew his cuffs reflexively and did not know they were in his hand.

He will may also say she called him a fat whitey... and he feared racial violence.

he'll walk. The others will say they thought he had semi -control and assistance with another officer present thats why they didn't do anything.

They will also back up any claim of abuse from the arrested person.

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Dan may be right. I am from that part of TN. Not Memphis, but not far from there. It is a racist/prejudiced area. I hope we are wrong and the cop does get what is coming to him, though.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
There is no audio on the tape so we can only take the word of the criminal as to what was said.

Shelby Co is the most violent metro area in the United States ahead of Detroit.

Police in this County are not issued Tasers only mace.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, I would like to say let's hope they get sued, but then, that would just be a waste of even more taxpayers money. They all need to be held accountable. To protect and serve my a$$. He couls easilly have gone and gotten back-up. There were loads of other cops about. It would seem he wanted an excuse to throw some fists, as is typical with a lot of police. Cops get away with far too much, and there's hardly anything anyone can do about it, either.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Yeah, or even call her by her real name. Maybe if he had just said "Alright, settle down Nancy (or whatever her name is)" maybe she would have gone to get her fingerprints done and no violence would have been necessary. The cop wanted to beat her down and wanted an excuse to do it no matter how lame.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What despicable human beings. People get prosecuted all the time for taking advantage of the weak, there is no position weaker than being a detainee in a jail, it's time everyone has to be accountable for their actions.

The reality is, here we have the weakest minions among us, put into a position of power and like a wolf amongst the sheep here he does all but slaughter one, but slaughter them they often do.

Want to find the worse human beings living among us? All you have to do is go to your local prison or jail - you'd think it would be those detainees or prisoners, but no, it's the sadistic creeps who go to work there and find a bully's paradise with new people to abuse push around & even get away with murder and probably get high fives from their buddies when finished.

We always hear on the news or the prison documentaries that prisoners throw urine & feces at the pigs, but they always leave out the part of the pigs abusing them, threatening them, poisoning their food, or pissing in their drinks before serving them.

I had my car taken and after calling 911 for help all I got was nearly killed after being thrown in jail for one night.

The NAZI bastards tried to murder me, but I came back to life after nearly a week in ICU and a year later I'm getting stronger everyday. Soon I will see them in court & I will make them pay.

I hate the pigs & the ones who tried to kill me will pay before I leave the earth, again. Besides getting better, working, sleeping, living & eating - making them pay is my primary mission. They will suffer in hell for all eternity for crossing my path.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If you don't like it in the booking station, don't go back!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Pro tip stay away from metro jails, really it's like a episode of in the heat of the night.
do dododo do do!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join