It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer beats transexual in booking station

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Police officer beats transexual in booking station

www.liveleak.com

VIDEO AVAILABLE AT LINK

The video, recorded February 12th, shows Duanna Johnson in the booking area at the Shelby County Criminal Justice Center after an arrest for prostitution.The tape clearly shows a Memphis police officer walk over to Johnson - a transsexual - and hit her in the face several times.

"Actually he was trying to get me to come over to where he was, and I responded by telling him that wasn't my name - that my mother didn't name me a 'faggot' or a 'he-she,' so he got upset and approached me. And that's when it started," Johnson said.

www.liveleak.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If you watch the video it's more than obvious that the police officer started this and went to the extremes for no reason.

plus the black guy with the baggie clothin had every right to look at what was happening, there was no need to pull him from his back like that

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Anyone notice how some of the officers were covering their face as they walked by (in view of the camera) and the one officer who was hiding behind the column?

Edit: No offense to anyone, but did the officer maybe think that a transexual prostitute might have HIV? Good way to contract the disease. Hitting her and drawing blood. I wonder if he cut his hand on her and mixed some blood? He might regret this even more than just loosing his job.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well when u give morons power, it corrupts..

Not much else to say...

And no I aint homophobic or whatever I am telling it like it is... Look around you see more than this.. Hell they play this on TV and think its cool.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Actually did you notice they walked by like nothing was going on?

This is pretty bad, considering they are supposed to be the ones looking after criminals... Yet like a criminal activity happen..

BTW Hey Griff.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Yeah, I noticed the one cop also held her arms back so the other one could get a good shot. As I said, I wonder if he broke skin and mixed blood with her? Karma's a bitch.

Hey Thick.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

As I said, I wonder if he broke skin and mixed blood with her?

He knew he was gonna get wet. That's what the gloves are for.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Was that a supervisor standing there in the white shirt? Scumbags, one of the other officers should have at least piped up with a "hey, cool it." Guess in this case they all proved themselves to be a bunch of [snip] pigs after all.

[edit on 6/18/0808 by jackinthebox]

Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 19/6/08 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Police Brutality surely is on the rise like never before

what the hell is going on?

it's almost like all military and cops are becoming nazis

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
refused to be finger printed ? refused to get up ?

I would of used a taser then finger printed by force.

Then.... then the beating would of not been needed.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
refused to be finger printed ? refused to get up ?

Would you say the same if the officer said "hey, 'n-word' get over here."?

But, it's ok for the officer to call her faggot and when she doesn't respond to faggot, get a beating?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Please do not disrespect Ladies by calling him a "she"

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I heard no audio but going by the story if she was addressed as "hey faggot" then one would think they would not have to respond to the officer. I mean if the officer never called her name then why would she have to comply. For all intents and purposes the officer could have been addressing anyone in the room at that time. If I am on a waiting list at a restaurant I don't respond when another name is called.
Sounds like all this could have been avoided if the officer had followed some sort of protocol that I am assuming would be in place for booking people.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Your all assuming that this criminal is telling the truth.

Taserd, finger printed by force, thrown in a cell. Then, no beat down on it would of had to occure.

ROFL@ the fact you believe the criminal.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This situation is an outrage. There is nothing that the victim could have said that would justify a beating IMO. It appears that the victim was uncooperative with the officer ----- now, hold on, let me finish -- and I think there is evidence to suport the officer's right to take action, however, that action should have been a slowly-escalated response, rather than cutting to a beating. Notice that most, if not all, of the strikes by the officer were head/facial blows? Yes, I believe I saw the flash of the handcuffs as well. Absolutely uncalled for, outrageous. Once the victim was maced (or capsicum, whatever was used), they were then controllable, yet the beating continues. There were plenty of officers there to physically stand up the victim, handcuff her and then she would have been completely controlled.

One of the most apalling law-enforcement related videos I've ever seen, and there have been many.

Putting on the gloves. A scare tactic, or premeditated assault and battery? A question for a someone with legal training.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Agree. Tasered, maced, cuffed, controlled. Dragged, if necessary, printed, processed, locked up. IF, in fact, it can be positively acertained that the officer used his cuffs to strike with in the absence of any weapon weilded by the victim other than her arms, then I believe the officer should be prosecuted.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
ROFL@ the fact you believe the criminal.

ROFL that you believe the cops even though there is no audio to tell one way or the other. Proves what a sheep you are to "authority".

BTW, I hope you never become the "criminal" and have a jury full of people like you that say "oh, well, he's a criminal, we won't believe a word he says."

Nah, actually, I do hope it happens to you.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
nah not a sheep, i just used to do custodial work for a living.

I done my fair share of forced photos and fingerprints ... trust me, if it had said no three times in my suit, hahahahahaha thats what gloves sticks shields and extra officers are for.

Now, as for the face strike. Depends on their use of force policy.

A first strike with a fist to the face is allowed in the area I worked. HOWEVER - watching the video again - and I admit this - i did not see the cuffs were used as a weapon. I thought i didn't see it the first time, but I have watched it slow mo...

Now thats a no no. Thats what a baton and taser is for.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh and to answer the question - putting on gloves in law (UK) is an issue of personal protective equipment and is covered by health and saftey at work act.

The gloves go on when it is about to kick off, not half way through.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Scuse me Dan,but can you explain this "if it had said "

it? So this Transexual isn't even a person now? Sorry if I've read that wrong,but blimey. how ignorant does that make you sound? (if indeed you are refereing to the tranny)

I hope that copper get's lots of karma.

Copper in ACAB shocker.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join