It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and the Keyboard Warriors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Man, there are an awful lot of keyboard warriors here, just champing at the bit to get out there and fight them thar Terr'ists and Ay Rabs and Muzzlums...

Oh wait, they would rather some young soldier gets sent out to fight their wars, while they sit at home and spew hate at some guy who is willing to tackle hostility to the US in a different, and noticably less corporately driven manner. Don't get it wrong: I am not a 'Barackophile' or whatever trendy insult it is the right wing are throwing around at present for someone who likes what Obama has to say. But I can see he is by a light year the lesser of two evils at present for the US.

I would like to point out for those anti Obama types who deny that race is an issue, that despite how strongly you deny it, for the majority of you, it is OBVIOUS that is really irritating for you that a 'gasp' BLACK MAN might make it into the white house.

How is it obvious? Simple: the language used, sentence structure, certain irrelevant but potentially inflaming points repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...................

For a few examples:

The constant using of Barrack HUSSEIN Obama rather than just Barack Obama - A piss-poor attempt to subconciously link Obama to Saddam Hussein and.... uh oh... ISLAM

NoBama Nation - Saw this one recently in a thread title. American far right love to deploy little word plays. Amusing, but not witty. Desperate and childish, more like (laughing AT you, not with you, Fox Viewer!). If you decide to go with the flow of unenlightened republicans simply cos of a word play, you should be banned from voting. Simple as.

Constantly questioning Obama's faith - this one is aimed at the yuppy morons who bought into the "Islam is out to get us ALL" vintage (bottled 2001). Keep implying that Obama is some kind of Stealth Muslim (who is also a gay, communist, anti american hindu who has been undercover, attending a christian church for 20 years.... talk about dedication to the cause...) and all those yuppies will auto-hate him. Well., thats the idea anyway.

Obamessiah - .....I rest my case

Propaganda Psychology 101. You guys think you rule at it. You don't. You get so in people's faces you actually generate more hostility towards YOURSELVES than you do against Obama.

Congrats.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Terran Blue

This is true, however unfortunately the so called "keyboard warriors" seem to be the same few people, who post the same sorts of threads over and over. Watch the Decision 2008 forum, you will see the same handful of names behind all the posts slandering Obama. It's simply the extremely vocal minority.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
I would like to point out for those anti Obama types who deny that race is an issue, that despite how strongly you deny it, for the majority of you, it is OBVIOUS that is really irritating for you that a 'gasp' BLACK MAN might make it into the white house.

And how many times do we have to hear from the Pro Obama side that, "You don't like him simply because he's black!!!" comment?

Oh, and you forgot, "Obamatrons". That's my fav. Kinda like something that turns into a truck or car when he's not a robat battling for the good of all mankind.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It is mildly irritating to say the least.... I do not irritate well.. but..

The sheer shallowness of their arguments shows how weak their case is..

You never hear them talking about the supreme flip flopping Champeeen McCain.. Who has broken over 10 previous positions in the last week!..

I wonder why???

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I can only speak for Myself when I comment on politics. I don't care for any of the choices, white, black, or otherwise. Not because of their race, nor their wing, right-wing or left-wing, I could care less.

My biggest problem with Obama, is that before he announced his running for Presidential election, the man was virtually invisible. Politically speaking, this seems extremely odd, in that he should be known by some American's before announcing his run for the Presidency.

It just smells funny. I'm not in favor of Obama or McCain, they both seem like morons who don't know to how say much of anything with exception to the same old same old runaround trash that gets the nation nowhere.

Government double-speak as well as making statements that don't actually say anything is just asking for another puppet dictator in office.

In essence, I don't support either Obama or McCain, at all.

There's no better of two evils, when all evils are just as equal, politicians who take payoffs or who know how to lie really well.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

My biggest problem with Obama, is that before he announced his running for Presidential election, the man was virtually invisible. Politically speaking, this seems extremely odd, in that he should be known by some American's before announcing his run for the Presidency.

It just smells funny.

Honestly, He wrote two books, They sold very well. Maybe people who know how to read knew about him. As well as the people who voted him into Congress.

Who reads and writes these posts for you?

Nicely done gentlemen!
I laughed so much reading this thread I almost peed!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Please keep the discussion civil. There's no need for name-calling or accusations of illiteracy.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

Really, insulting someone stating they can't read or write?

I read books galore but I never read political self-indulged garbage.

I referenced Obama never being heard of politically, not in the publishing industry.

Just because he got voted into office in a Congressional position doesn't make him someone who has been heard of in the rest of the nation, which is what I referenced in the previous post I did.

Attack someone else, Cyberian.

top topics

join