It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point will you stop buying gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, about forty miles from my hometown right now. My auto gets about thirty miles per gallon on the highway, so at this point it costs about $5 each way to get back by car. Compare this to public transit: $2 for the elevated train to Union Station and $3-4 for the second train to the suburbs. In addition, I can carry only one or two bags and nothing big. Going by train means I am on a schedule, it is dangerous at night, and it takes two to three hours compared with an hour of driving.

The cost of public transportation is directly proportional to the number of passengers. It is inversely proportional to the number of passengers in my car (only slightly dependent on weight). It is about the same price if I travel alone. I will keep buying gas as long as this makes sense.

Unfortunately, most of the country is only set up for automobiles. If we are not buying gasoline, we will be buying another fuel for our personal transportation.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
i rode my triumph speed triple to work the last two days... i saved about $20 bucks so far... between gas in my gti and golden gate bridge tolls. (which they don't charge me because i'm riding a bike. ha!)

it adds up quick!

now, at what point doo i stop buying gas? it'll be a long time... it's a basic necessity we all need thus far. you know, because our government couldn't do a proper job in curtailing oil lobbyists long ago when we COULD have been investing R&D into alt fuels.

isn't it great? can we please flush our entire government please? now?!
i know several level headed people in my neighborhood that can run this country way better than our current line up of politicians.

who's going to start the revolution? how far will *it* reach into your personal lives and pocket people before you get it? when *it* happens, stand up and protest and fight!

you'll know when...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I guess when it reaches $5.50 a gallon, I will buy a hybrid, hell actually right now I am looking but that would give me the extra go ahead to get one.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
If Americans would ALL go 3 days and not buy any gas the fuel market would get flooded causing prices to come down. Why Want Americans stand together? The American people could control the fuel price if they would. Other Countries stand together why don't America

top topics

<< 1   >>

join