It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Etheric Project... whaa?...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
So I am reading the well known research thread on Astral Projection and I notice a post on Etheric Projection... So I look it up. I am entirely confused haha... Is it that you go there and are like... teleported or are you just projecting an image there and you can see what is going on around? I may even be totally wrong with the questions I am asking... I am just utterly confused...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
astral projection is supposed to be outer body experiences arnt they, do you have any links relating to what your reffering to?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
There are other planes besides the Astral such as Etherial, Mental, Causal, etc... until you get to know more about it, just know that's all it is, another locale like astral projection, but using different techniques you can go to the different planes. Some of them may require you to be more "advanced" at out-of-body sort of travel, some people say you have to create an entirely new "solar" body to reach some of the higher planes.

However I believe Etheric is essentially the physical body so I don't know you would etherically project. Ether is another element floating around in the air, another kind of energy basically.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Umm here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What caught my attention was the post

Ycon posted on 16-3-2005 @ 07:55 PM

hmm looks like I need to do more research on the different types of planes...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Penumbra

Etheric:
The etheric body can leave the physical, but when it does, I don't think it goes any great distance. I think its role is a "life energy" body. When the body goes to sleep, the etheric expands, the chakras open, and we receive energy and restore our depleted supply. This is why it is also referred to as the vitality sheath or health body. When I'm tired and drained, I can lay down for half an hour, enter a trance like state and wake up feeling totally refreshed. This is not the projection of the astral body, but a charging of the etheric. If the etheric projected a great deal, our bodies would feel drained, not refreshed, upon return. When I astral project, my etheric is doing its job of replenishing my body, and when I come back, I am refreshed. The two are independent.

When people experience "duality" aka mind splitting (where the consciousness resides at two locations) I believe one part of the consciousness is in the etheric and another one is in the astral.

There are also a lot of discrepancies on the silver cord. I personally have never seen this cord (but I haven't really looked for it either). Is has been suggested that the cord is related to etheric projection, not astral. If the cord was associated with just astral projection, then we would see it every time we astrally projected.

I remember once leaving my body and out of curiosity I looked back towards my physical body. I saw a body, but it was in a totally different position than my physical! It was the etheric body that I was seeing. In the astral, we see the astral counterparts of the physical, but I think we can also see our etheric shell (this explains why I saw the etheric body, and not the physical).

On several occasions, during meditation, I have been able to see the ceiling through my physical eyelids. This is also not astral projection.

People who are sickly have reported more OBEs. I think this is because the etheric is weak and the astral is able to separate more easily. Both our physical and etheric bodies are magnetic in nature and influence the pull of the astral.

When objects are moved, I think it is more from the influence of the etheric body, rather than the astral which does not share the same vibrations as objects in the physical. The etheric is of a higher vibration than the physical, but lower than the astral.

Link to the above statement.

This site should answer most of your questions you may have in relations to this and more.

posted on Aug, 27 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The etheric body is the template for the dense (material) body. It is liquid, (but that doesn't have to be liquid as we know it). It is the larger part of the body you think you have.

The Astral plane, is not real. It is imaginary. This is where thoughts and emotions inhabit and where energies from space (or angels) interact, but as a place .. it is just in the ether around you. What we think exists there is as real as our dreams - not at all.

Where people get hung up about opening their third eye and astral travel, is where people mess with their energy centers, assuming they are gaining something but potentially frying their (etheric) endocrine system, and making themselves too damn selfish to raise their kundalini so that their 3rd eye will naturally open. This is step backwards in raising your vibrational energy and evolving away from "animal man".

new topics

top topics

join