It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee: Lay Off Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

The Obama campaign itself has been smart enough not to overtly play the race card against his opponents, but some of his supporters seem all too willing to do so at every possible opportunity. But the campaign itself? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Sorry to be the wet blanket again (not really), but Huckabee is in fact drawing attention to Obamas race by making comments like that. He appears to be staking out moral high ground but in fact is subconsciously reinforcing the race issue. It's an old political trick our ex PM John Howard was a master of it. Better put away those party balloons.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

That's been my experience as well and seems to be common amongst those who have spoken out against Obama and his policies. Its really more annoying than anything, as its just one of those common debate tactics people use to deflect attention away from themselves or their candidate when they're losing the argument.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Huckabee
"When people are really hurting — and they are right now — they're not looking at a person's race," he added.

Heeding Republiclans to keep above the fray should be a smart strategy. Whether they can pull it off or not remains to be seen. It was only this past weekend that racist pin buttons were being sold at Texas Republican Convention in Houston.

Huckabee really got it right when he stated that people are hurting right now. It's about time that someone in the GOP acknowledged that.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
Please provide links and/or proof of the above allegations. The "whitey" comment has been shown to not have one ounce of evidence behind it, only Rush Limbaugh and others constantly repeating it.

I think the simple fact that people are being warned to leave Barack Obama alone speaks volumes about him. Nobody in the Republican camp has attacked him over his race, only his poor judgement and dubious choice of associates.

Barack Obama doesn't want a fair election, he wants a "Free Pass" on all the really tough questions that everyone else must answer.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

On the contrary, the Republican camp leaves the dirty work at the grassroots level. That's where the real mudslinging is.

Obama is far from getting a free pass on anything. I think it's fair to say the gloves are off, and Obama will stand on his own two feet.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
On the contrary, the Republican camp leaves the dirty work at the grassroots level. That's where the real mudslinging is.

Isn't that what Barack Obama does? He let's his supports sling accusations and play the race card for him? What do you call his paid shills that intentionally disrupt forum threads that try to discuss his poor judgement and lack of character?

Obama is far from getting a free pass on anything. I think it's fair to say the gloves are off, and Obama will stand on his own two feet.
Obama has had a "free pass" all through the Democratic nomination process, but that will change as November approaches.

[edit on 6/19/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Come on, now. I think we both can distinguish between discussion and a fulll-fledged smear campaign.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Come on, now. I think we both can distinguish between discussion and a fulll-fledged smear campaign.
I guess it's simply a matter of perspective. How anyone could honestly claim they have no doubts about his character is beyond me.

All his mentors, idols, and spiritual advisors are publicly anti-white (Wright, Farrakhan,Pfleger), he's friends with a former domestic terrorist (Ayres), and has conducted numerous shady business transactions with known criminal Anthony Rezko.

Discussing these people and their relationship to a candidate in a presidential race, is not a smear campaign.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

All one has to do is take a peek at this thread to distinguish the difference between smear and discussion:

The meanest, baddest guy in US history

If someone wants to discuss Obama on his issues, policies and character, no problem. However, no one can claim that there isn't some mudslinging taking place.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hi, Grover! Just wanted to clarify my previous statement.

Chafee, in interviews and his book, has now spoken up about the refusal by fellow Republicans to stand up to a Republican president and instead to offer uncritical, unquestioning support for the "good" of their party. He may have had fellow Republicans agreeing with him on certain ideas, but they continued to vote party line.

Hagel has spoken out on the war in Iraq, going against fellow Republican thought.

Now Huckabee has spoken up against racism. His statement goes beyond party politics. "[He] praised the country for getting 'to a point where we did not see his color but we truly saw his charisma, his message and what he brought to the campaign trail.' "

They care passionately about their party, love their party. They are bringing to light the extremist take-over of their party and want to stop it, unlike the Saudis who were allowed to be taken over by the Wahabists.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

All one has to do is take a peek at this thread to distinguish the difference between smear and discussion:

The meanest, baddest guy in US history

If someone wants to discuss Obama on his issues, policies and character, no problem. However, no one can claim that there isn't some mudslinging taking place.

Isn't discussing the issues first like putting the cart before the horse?

The man is guilty of being a closet racist, an Anti-american sympathizer, and a friend to organized crime. These aren't just rumors, they're documented facts.

Do you honestly believe he'd keep even one of his campaign promise?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

If someone wants to discuss Obama on his issues, policies and character, no problem.

Isn't discussing the issues first like putting the cart before the horse?

Point well taken! If I had known you were going to take a sequential interpretation of my remark, I would have prefaced it with a "in no particular order" bit.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I am ashamed of the rhetoric being posted about Obama. The venom "IS" racist. Judge the man on his character, his ability to rebuild this nation and help the vast majority of our country get back on their feet. Neither candidate should be elected or rejected upon the campaign trail's "BS" which everyone slings. The question we will need to answer in November is, which man "WILL" bring the best plan for new life in this nation.

We are sinking fast. How can anyone with an ounce of brains think that any of the "good ole boys" will affect change for anyone but themselves? Who's pockets have they lined so far? Bottom line, Obama is a politician and more to the point, a man. He has made mistakes and will make more. So...

Time for Americans to wake up and salvage what little of America is left. This is not about "Black, White, pink or green. By the end of the summer everyone will get it. Those of us who are not corrupt and rollling in dough already do. Gas at $5.00+ a gallon will speak volumes. The choices we make "WILL" matter for generations to come. Take the time to do a little due dilligence. Research and get to know both candidates for yourself. Stop allowing "the powers that be" to program your thoughts. Stop listening to the media's hype. Is this the kind of world do you want your grandchildren and beyond to inhabit? We hold the key... Choose wisely.

Peace,

The Ladydi

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am ashamed of the rhetoric being posted about Obama. The venom "IS" racist.
Please, can you Obama supporters not come up with a better defense than playing the "race card" all the time? It's really lame.

Judge the man on his character, his ability to rebuild this nation and help the vast majority of our country get back on their feet. Neither candidate should be elected or rejected upon the campaign trail's "BS" which everyone slings. The question we will need to answer in November is, which man "WILL" bring the best plan for new life in this nation.
That's a laugh! If he were judged by his character rather than his skin color, he wouldn't even have been allowed in the race, so be careful of what you wish for. The man hasn't even served one full-term in the Senate, yet you want him to be your President?

We are sinking fast. How can anyone with an ounce of brains think that any of the "good ole boys" will affect change for anyone but themselves? Who's pockets have they lined so far? Bottom line, Obama is a politician and more to the point, a man. He has made mistakes and will make more. So...
Obama is part of the "good ole boys" network, so don't delude yourself. As you said: he's a politician and a millionaire. He could care the least about me or you..

Time for Americans to wake up and salvage what little of America is left. This is not about "Black, White, pink or green.
It shouldn't be, but I think his wife's comments, and his questionable choice of friends say otherwise, don't you think? i.e. Rev. Wright, Louis Farrakhan, Father Fleger, etc.

By the end of the summer everyone will get it. Those of us who are not corrupt and rollling in dough already do. Gas at $5.00+ a gallon will speak volumes. The choices we make "WILL" matter for generations to come. Take the time to do a little due dilligence. Research and get to know both candidates for yourself. Stop allowing "the powers that be" to program your thoughts. Stop listening to the media's hype. Is this the kind of world do you want your grandchildren and beyond to inhabit? We hold the key... Choose wisely.
Obama has no problem with the high gas prices at the pump, he was only disappointed that they didn't spread the increases out a little more so everyone could get used to them.

I suggest you do a little research yourself regarding Obama if you really believe he is some kind of savior.

[edit on 6/20/08 by LLoyd45]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join