It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we really blame the hispanics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dervishmadwhirler
It is just so that most middle class americans are racist and afraid of their income.
The point is that those who love only their own country and flag are exclusive towards all minorities;

Huh? What?
That makes no sense at all.
What does that mean, "afraid of their own income"?

Plus, are you saying there are no minorities that love their country and flag? Do you see how your logic is flawed? I hope so.
In fact, it is a fairly ludicrous comment based on your lack of knoweledge or perhaps your liberal brainwashing.

Care to provide any proof of your stupid accusations?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOL,

This poster makes me laugh. I have witnessed the change in hourly workers pay in these past years that ILLEGAL immigration has been ALLOWED to run rampant! There are places in Denver where an employer should hang a sign saying, "NO ANGLO'S NEED APPLY". Of COURSE they are a burden on our health care system, how can that be refused? They clog up the courts system as well because, huh, they never show up! You ask why? They all live under made up names and it's as simple as pie to get a new ID.... So Jaun Pablo Montoya didn't show up for his court date... next case! Citizens HAVE to go to court. They HAVE to appear and guess what? The illegals get a free pass. No insurance, NO PROBLEM amigo just sign here and promise to show up for your court date, HA! Need an appendectomy? Just sign here with your fake SSN, no problem! Denver doesn't require ANY proof of citizenship for food stamps... Want a burger, go to a fast food place and try to get anything that doesn't have a number on it! My condo is getting a face job and I have YET to speak to someone that speaks english on the job, that's not high paying? My point is that if your thinking this doesn't cost you, you're NUTS.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
i dont care what color or nationality anyone is if they are here illeigle they should be sent back to there country of orgin

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

I am not saying that they don't attribute to the cost. All I am saying is that they are not the only ones who can't afford to pay for their appendectomy. Even many people who have insurance cannot afford to pay the remaining balance. This also attributes to the high cost of health care as well as the high cost of prescriptions and medical equipment. Furthermore, add the high salary, which these positions deserve, of doctors and nurses. However, there seems to be more doctors and nurses being allowed to work in the US from foreign countries. I honestly feel that we should invest and help more Americans to fill up these higher paying jobs before we bring in foreigners. Yet, everyone seems to want to make us believe that Mcdonald and chicken factories are the higher paying jobs. My only point in all of this is that Hispanics are being blamed for the whole thing, when in reality there are other pieces to the puzzle. There is a lot of blame to go around.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You are right about 1 thing. I used to work for a software company in Denver that employed quite a few foreign workers, mainly from India and Pakistan. I don't doubt that this also runs rampant in the medical profession as well but the difference is these workers are LEGAL! They are here on LEGAL work VISA's! Your argument holds NO water because you're talking about people who have, (or companies), dotted the I's and crossed the T's.

I married a woman of Mexican descent... Divorced her too, but I have NO QUALMS with race, just their less than legal status in OUR nation! If we allow such a HUGE influx of unskilled workers into this nation it can ONLY hurt Joe Blow and Joe Blow is feeling the pain here in Denver my friend.

I forgot to mention that part of this housing crisis is born of illegal immigration as well, Pal. Realtors LOVE their business because they got to close on sales and didn't care what happened afterwards. I'm sure YOU can guess what happened without me telling you.

All I'm asking is that you wake up to the fact that ILLEGAL immigration is bad for everybody. It's rampant here in the S. Western part of the US and will only continue to grow until it's stopped.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I never heard anyone blaming the hispanics or Mexicans for anything.
With the possible exception of breaking our laws. And stressing our nations resources. But when it all goes to hell up here, and you are doing well back home, you can count on a long visit from your old buddies!

Sun Shine, Tequila and all those lovely senioritas! Yee Haa!

See you on the beach

[edit on 21-6-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Grendel39

I realize they have legal status to work. But the argument is that illegal immigrants take away high paying jobs. Since when is working in a field or fast food considered a high paying job. All I am saying is that our high paying jobs are going overseas or being given to immigrants legally. Why can't we invest in the education of Americans so we can keep these jobs. Are Americans not educated enough to be doctors that we have to import them from other countries?
As for housing problems, I don't think its born of illegal immigration. I think it was just a get rich quick thing on behalf of many corrupt people. I believe 300 or so were arrested a few days ago. The sad part is that many good decent people got hurt, regardless of their race or immigration status.
By the way I am not for illegals coming here. I am also in favor of securing all of our borders. But it gets to me that many American born Hispanics are being looked down on, discriminated against, and harassed because of this issue. From 1987 up until 9/11 this was not a big issue. Why did it take 20 something years to become an issue? Why did our country prosper so much in the most part during these years if illegal immigration puts such a strain on our economy? Illegal immigration is not the sole reason our health care is in crisis, illegal immigration is not the sole reason our jobs are being taken away (ever talk to a sprint operator in India), nor is illegal immigration the sole reason our crime rate goes up. Many people are using this issue to cover up and distract from other reasons that are hindering these areas. I am merely trying to educate people so that they won't be fooled that illegal immigration is the root of all of our problems. I am awake to the fact that illegal immigration hurts us, but I disagree to the extent.
All I want is fairness. Secure all 4 entry ways. All we talk about is the border with Mexico. Last I heard th terrorist came in legally and overstayed their visa or have entered through the northern border. Mexico is not the only way they can come in. In addition just because someone is Hispanics shouldn't give anyone the right to assume that the person is here illegally. Illegals come in all different size, shape and color. Just because the majority of illegals are Hispanics, due to close proximity of our borders, doesn't mean we make up the entirety. I have enjoyed debating this issue with you and just like you have given me some points to ponder I hope I have done likewise.
Semper Fi

[edit on 21-6-2008 by jam321]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I fully agree that some should not come her illegally. But its not like they are stealing HIGH PAYING jobs from you. The Mexicans pick tomatoes in the hot sun for 5 cents a bucket and I personally dont see any of you wanting to work for that in the hot sun. They pick cukes in 110 degree heat in the baking sun for 8 cents a bucket, yet not a single white person would do it or a black person. Yet at the end of the week the Federal and state taxes are taken out of there checks even for the illegals. And that money is pocketed by the government to pay our deficit. There families can not get food stamps because they are illegal, they can not get medicaid because they are illegal, and there children are not allowed to go to our schools, they have to be schooled on the camp where they live by Mexicans. Or by someone from the Mexican counsil. So dont tell me they are taking away from your children's educations, and there welfare, and food stamps, which tells me you must live off welfare. Instead of working like the rest of us.

As for medical treatment they are not even allowed medical treatment at this time. Instead if anyone that looks hispanic comes into a hospital for any reason whatsoever they have to report it to immigration, and wait on immigration. So if they are bleeding to death they will die. Now that is worse then most people would treat an animal. In fact the slaves had more rights then the Mexicans do. So as of right now we are treating the Mexicans worse then we ever did with the Slaves. The worst part is that the hospitals wont check first to see if these folks are legal or not so imagine how many legal folks will die waiting for immigration to show up. They are denied any medical treatment until they do get there. Which can take up to 12 hours.

If you actually look they did a study and had it on CBS about 2 months ago and stated that over 35 Million dollars a year was being taken in from illegals in income taxes to pay off the deficit. That didnt include what they were doing to help with the small business folks. If we send back all the illegals today our economy would be dead. Big time.

Hilda

top topics

<< 1   >>

join