It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Judge in County Trying Limbaugh Hooked on Same Drug

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A Palm Beach County judge who was in the same jurisdiction as the Rush Limbaugh drug addiction case, was removed from the bench after he checked himself into a treatment facility for dependency on OxyContin. OxyContin is the same prescription drug that Limbaugh is being tried for possessing. It was never fully investigated if the judge obtained his pills legally even though he was hooked on them for 8 years.

Drudge Report
Within the last 18 months, Palm Beach County Judge Robert Schwartz was "involuntarily retired" and removed after he checked himself into a treatment center for dependency of the painkiller OxyContin -- the same drug at the center of the Limbaugh probe.

"He was severely addicted to prescription pain killers," an insider tells the DRUDGE REPORT. "He probably got them from a variety of sources. But unlike Rush Limbaugh, he was never prosecuted! His records do not appear to have been seized nor were his doctors� offices raided. Talk about friend of the court!"

How ironic that a judge in the same county is having the same problem, and as of now, he is not being prosecuted for it. Limbaugh is essentially being prosecuted for doctor shopping. Is this a double standard?

[Edited on 5-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Too bad it's not the other way around.

Prosecute the judge and have Rush "involuntarily retired."

Actually, I support Rush and the ACLU's fight for his privacy in this. But I still think he's a jerk.

As for the judge, book him. Or leave all junkies alone.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Prosecute the judge and have Rush "involuntarily retired."

on a side note, oxycontin is a real problem down here in south florida...i personally know two people that have overdosed on it in the last 3 years and several more who are strung out on it...the medical industry is out of control down here and there are a lot of crooked doctors that will write you a script for anything you want for $100- office visit...i even know one down in ft lauderdale that fills their own pain prescriptions right in their office.

new topics

join