It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lil help please? old old story / myth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I remember reading on here along time ago a story about 2 kings...or a king and someone fighting and leaving a huge scar on the earth or something? the name of the 1 person was long like hammnannalu (not the name, just something long like that) its a really really old myth or story or something.... any ideas what it is? i want to read up on it but i cant figure out the name of it or what happens.

i remember someone posting along time ago saying that it could have been nuclear weapons... i dont know. arggg...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sounds like Indian myth/legend called Mahabharata Battle?

Ancient Indian Nuclear Battle

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ravenflt]

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ravenflt]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Were there monkey armies in the story? Was it a landbridge or a "scar"? Could it be Hanuman?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I read the Mahabharata Battle that ravenflt listed. Isnt that amazing that our ancient civilizations were capable of much more than we give them credit for. I really hope that is true and archeologist find some proof of this that would be cool. Maybe they will find them in Iraq since thats old country. I'm overblown by this, that it actually could be true. Then were did all the knowledge go. Why do we lose knowledge inbetween civilizations?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
I read the Mahabharata Battle that ravenflt listed. Isnt that amazing that our ancient civilizations were capable of much more than we give them credit for.

Actually, it's a modern translation misinterpreting the legend.

I really hope that is true and archeologist find some proof of this that would be cool.

It would contradict other very cool things they've found out. There's no evidence of any ancient atomic war.

Maybe they will find them in Iraq since thats old country.

There were some wonderful treasures there from the Babylonians and Assyrians and other cultures, but the war has destroyed many of them and looters have sold many of them. Archaeolgists have been frustrated by the "on that's not important" attitude exhibited by everyone.

I'm overblown by this, that it actually could be true. Then were did all the knowledge go. Why do we lose knowledge inbetween civilizations?

We don't.

Civilizations exchange ideas, and you can see how technology moves through trade and ideas and words for things. One of the recent news stories posted here showed how European farmers used a trade network that ran several thousand miles to bring them green beads as charms for a good harvest some 9,000 years ago and longer.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The story could be Hanuman... or Monkey in the Chinese novel, "Journey to the West." en.wikipedia.org...

...or it could be something else, but those were the two that came to mind.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by isa75

i never thought of it like that i knew that the ancient civilizations were more advanced i just never thought maybe these legends are real i think im going to accept that theory thanks

top topics

join