It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash gifting linked to psychological study?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Okay, I really don't know where else to post this, but somebody has to shed some light on whats going on. I'll start from the beginning.

A friend of mine recieved a message on his myspace page. It was a former college student out of Florida who claimed he was a "personal servant". Since he was in college, he said, he used to be picked on and hazed by fraternity brothers. He found that he got so used to being controlled and hazed and manipulated that he began to enjoy it, and started doing so called "bitch work" for free for the brothers, even after graduating. Since then, he claims, he's been a personal servant for anybody willing to slander him, belittle him, and generally treat him like less than a human, because he truly beleives, he is less than worthy of the status of human. He said the only way he can do that now is to send money to said person since he cant physically be there to work for them for free.

My friend was reluctant to agree, but took the bait and asked what he needed to do. The only stipulation out of the deal was that my friend, who'm the "personal servant" deemed cocky, agressive, and worthy, tell him a few times a week what a miserable peice of trash he was, and reasons why he didnt deserve to be anything more than a personal servant. In exchange, he would send my friend $50 to $100 cash to any mailing address each month.

Needless to say, my friend was intrigued so he agreed to accept the cash from "such a lowly individual". He gave him a PO box of another friend to send the cash to and to address it to Mr. Resident. (Obviously he didnt want to disclose his real name or address, for obvious scam reasons) The servant agreed, and that was the last we'd heard from him.

Well about a month went by and we completely forgot about the guy, untill this morning, the OTHER friend went and checked his PO box... and low and behold, there was an envelope adressed to Mr. Resident and it contained $50 cash. The return adress was from Florida and was titled PH Concepts. Unbelievable right? I was completely in shock that this even happened. Then I got to thinking...

I googled PH Concepts. Nothing. Then I started thinking, okay how many people would pay somebody they dont know whatsoever to degrade them verbally and mentally? Then I got to thinking out of the box a little. How many people would accept payment to belittle and degrade another person they've never met? Especially one who claims he lives in the worst neighborhood in town, and barely makes enough to feed himself each week. It's a total folley! Then I put two and two together. Is this likely some sort of ethics/psychological study being put on by some University or group to see how selfish and demeaning a certain demograph can be? Or a study on the power of money over ethics? How many of you would accept money for this behavior? Is it ethically sound? I cant say that this is a conspiracy, per se, but a true look into the psyche of the human condition when money is involved. Those of us who think we wouldnt do anything like this normally, have probably never been offered real cash money for it. It puts a real spin on things. Is money truly that far engrained and in control of our entire psychological reasoning?

Thoughts, guys, this has really blown my mind today...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Nothing? I'm surprised somebody hasn't taken some sort of interest in this...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
But you say he was a former college student, so they do know eachother? I don't quite understand that part. Is he a total stranger or former college student he knew from the past?

new topics

join