It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am losing my mind!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Okay let's start this off with the fact that I live in a crap hole. Oh, it's right in the heart of "johnson county" woooooo, big effing deal, it's still a crap hole. Everytime it rains, IT FLOODS because there is no grass from trees that are dying and spilling dead pine needles everywhere and choking the what little grass there is. Management changes hands every other month. They decreased the pool hours while most complexes in this area are making their pools 24 hours. Maintenance doesn't do crap when it comes to problems. Etc, etc, etc. I am sure some of you out there know what I am talking about when it comes to apt complexes. So today I take my kids to the pool not ten minutes after we get there some kids who is a guest of somone blows chunks in the pool. Not water in the mouth spit it out, but blows pink CHUNKS into the pool. I get my kids out asap and tell management. Everyone else gets their kids out while management figures out what to do. They have never had this happen before so they need to make a phone call. Meantime, said kids parents proceed to say it was just water and no vomit and I am a b&tch for making a scene. They call me every name in the book, management gets involved and tells me that i am kicked out of the pool for the rest of the year for using profanity to defend myself! The person whose child blew chunks and came at me first didn't get in trouble at all. My roommate was on the phone with me the whole time on speaker and heard the whole thing. He made a b line to the office, talked to them and they informed him that they will not be renewing our lease in addition to being banned from the pool. ALL THIS because I am a good mother and don't want my children swimming in a pool with barf in it!!! I am so mad right now I want to do very bad things, but the Jesus in me won't let me!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I really feel for you because I deal with these sorts of issues on a regular basis.
My advice to you is to arm yourself with information.

www.hud.gov...

www.hilltopper.com...

www.kdheks.gov...

One of those links should help you fight the good fight and win.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thank you so much for the links. I am having a hard time finding a place where I can lodge a complaint against the apartment complex. I can't even find the owners of the complex on the internet. Your links are for HUD, well one of them is and this is not federal housing. GRRRR. I wish it were easier. Oh wait, I do still have the right to freedom of speech, maybe I will make signs about how this place sucks and sit across the street, not on their property and show those signs to all who drive in here. Maybe that would get a reaction.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
One of the best things you can do is make your opinion of the complex known. Sites like Apartment ratings are places where tenants can post their review of a complex. Secondly, call a lawyer. Most will give some free advice and they will know what you can do.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It sounds like they did you a favor, by not renewing your lease.

Oh... some positive criticism. If you separate your paragraphs, it is a lot easier to read what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'd go with complaints to the health department, housing etc and if none of that works I'd go the Crakeur route.

A covert, late night poop in the pool (if you've got kids in diapers you've got that part the easy way) and then another call to the health department (anonymously). they'll force a pool draining. You won't be swimming in it anyway as you've been banned and, even if you weren't, well, swmming in a puke pool is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't recommend the Crakeur route, it could just lead to more trouble.

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'd go the Crakeur route.

A covert, late night poop in the pool (if you've got kids in diapers you've got that part the easy way) and then another call to the health department (anonymously). they'll force a pool draining.

I know revenge feels good sometimes but doing this is an illegal act. You would not only be intentionally vandalizing the pool, but you would also be risking the spread of disease.

Cryptosporidium survives very well even in chlorinated water and depending on the timing of the pooping and when someone enters the water you could infect someone with escherichia coli or other coliform bacteria.

Go after the management in court and try to avoid taking this out on the other innocent tenants of the complex. Salting the pool with fecal matter could actually lead to the death of a small child or anyone with a compromised immune system.

Crakeur should give himself a "warn" for promoting an illegal activity.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
'twas a joke. I doubt if anyone actually took me seriously

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I've lived in apt complexes where the management was so lousy that your concept actually had some merit. In fact for a brief period I found myself reading that and thinking to myself "Hmmm, good idea!" and mentally thought of the appropriate target.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Last year about this time someone got evicted from the complex and since they had an apartment overlooking the pool they proceed to throw the entire contents of the fridge into the pool. Of course it had to be drained and took a week for the inspectors to come out again. That sucked. Therefore I will not do any harm. Funny thing is, I got a note today from management offering money off July rent (some sort of promotion I guess). Everyone got one, I am just surprised I did as well. And it was hand delievered by the maintenance guy, who basically saw the whole barf/fighting episode.

Ohwell, after that incident I went to OP parks and rec and got a family membership to all six public pools in our area. I took the kids today. It was a great time, better facilities and lifeguards. Was somewhat expensive, but worth it to not have to see management or crappy neighbors for the rest of the summer.

And to the poster talking about how I structured my post. Sorry about that, I know it can be hard on the eyes. I was in a ranting mood and could not be bothered with grammer and what not.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thanks, I went to jail because of you.

Shakes fist venomously

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7It was a great time, better facilities and lifeguards. Was somewhat expensive, but worth it to not have to see management or crappy neighbors for the rest of the summer.

It just goes to show that breakdowns are a break through

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7And to the poster talking about how I structured my post. Sorry about that, I know it can be hard on the eyes. I was in a ranting mood and could not be bothered with grammer and what not.

It's cool, I just want you to get heard. Some people wouldn't even read a post like that. trust me, my grammar is arse. Luckily firefox has a built in spell correction. I would have misspelled at least five words in the post. Don't be sorry, be adaptive.

new topics

top topics

join