It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS issues global stock and credit crash alert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The reason Great Britain did not use the new Euro is quite simply they knew they where being used.. Great Britain alone would have propped the currency up for the weaker countries like France and Italy.. and their own relative value would have dropped. By keeping the Pound Britain does not link it's currencies value to other countries that do not contribute as much to the Union as they do.

Smart move indeed, self preservation. The Frank was worthless, as was the Irish Pound, and the Mark even was not worth as much as the Euro. False currency representing a False economic zone based on an illogical calculation of value.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fair enough.

Originally posted by Rockpuck
A World Currency could never work because the combined economies of the Western World alone would cause wide spread poverty in areas of the Third World.

Doesn't mean they can't try (like they are doing in Europe currently) and how much poorer can the third world get? Nothing minus nothing is still nothing (

edit!

GAH!!! where is the rest of my post!!! A special character after the parenthesis made it disappear!!

Basically I said the Germans were acting that way not because of an economic crisis but because of the political crisis with the EU constitution and I wondered if the practise was more common among older citizens that remember Wiemar or maybe citizens from the old East Germany.

I also had a long paragraph about national identity being malleable and that it seems to have worked rather will for the United States to have a central authority come in and supplant it. Scale-up would be difficult but a world wide depression and a decade of chaos might just motivate people to demand it.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

The Third world has not been fully corporatized for the Capitalist world.. right now they are worthless currencies, but under a World Currency where prices would reflect a singular World Economy, the currency would cause the prices of goods around the world to reflect said currency.

If you think Rice is expensive now.. imagine it under a world currency .. one where billions of people will earn 1/2 a cent a day.. starvation, war, and economic volitility would explode. then agian, no nation in their right mind would share a currency with the likes of Africa, Asia, or South America.

A Western Currency is the only other posibility.. and that will cause more havoc then any war we have ever had.

Imagine Russia, China, the entire Middle East trying to compete with a Western Economy combined as a whole. I tell you, it would be Hell on Earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Basically I said the Germans were acting that way not because of an economic crisis but because of the political crisis with the EU constitution and I wondered if the practise was more common among older citizens that remember Wiemar or maybe citizens from the old East Germany.

I also had a long paragraph about national identity being malleable and that it seems to have worked rather will for the United States to have a central authority come in and supplant it. Scale-up would be difficult but a

First, politics and economics are intertwined.. one effects the other. The Economies of the South and East in Europe are not as strong as the North. The fear the Germans have is that a falling economy in the South will lead to other countries Euro's being worthless then North Euro's like German Euro's. Naturally politics is intertwined, but it seems to be more of a habit of preparing for "what is yet to come" so to speak.

Second, no, the Federalization has NOT been good for the United States, and Europe should avoid it at all cost. Consolidation can only lead to further Consolidation. Once Europe begins centralized consolidation, it will never stop. "All Democracies end in Tyranny" A quote the West forsakes. The United States once comprised of independent Nations, and are now so heavily controlled, regulated they lost most of their rights to self determination. Further more, comparing Personal Liberty to the conception of the United States to the current state of affairs, and you will see a slow but steady decrease in Personal Liberties.. and we will only continue to see it as the Consolidation process continues. Every Presidential term has more power then the last.. as some point the idea of States will be more or less the idea of Counties and Fiefdoms under the Singular Government. Not that we are far from that anyways.

Europe moving in this direction will only lead to a loss of National Identity, which has began anyways, and also a loss of self determination.. if you wish for this, you might as well choose the political party you wish to control you!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Does anyone remember the last stock market crash? Months before the crash a Major bank fell out and JP morgan bought them up for pennies on the dollar, all by simply spreading rumors that their liquidity was rapidly falling. Bear stearns?

and WOW, how predictable this is. You start a useless war 4 years in advance to make sure there isn't any money to fall back on. You then let all the loans out you can, anyone that wants one pass em! Remember "Margin Call?" You create an entire empire, let alone world, that runs off of one central element, oil, then spike it up and up, leaving us no choice but to pay for it. Then you raise all the prices for every basic need a person needs to survive, electricity, water, food. All while doing the old Rome trick, KEEP THEM OCCUPIED! wow our entertainment has taken off, movies still doing strong, i mean jesus, Tiger Woods gets 307 mil a year. incredible.

Now what would you need to complete this whole idea, some where to put the bast*rds that revolt, and fema made sure they got all the camps together. And bush made sure he rewrote the f*cking constitution so that martial law can pritty much happen for any old reason, something happening domestic or in any other part of the world. Then with all of these tasty ingredients in place you just sit back watch the self implosion.

Im sorry for the cursing, its just needed.

The great divine justice is on its way.

ATS... we got this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join