It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Static Sky

Last year, apparently, I bought an item from a shop which no longer exists.

My nephew was about to have a serious operation in hospital and wou
ld likely remain there for several weeks to convalesce; so he made the unusual request that I buy him a large sports holdall to keep all his clothes in.
He and his wife live out in the sticks and couldn't think where they could buy something like this. So I says yeah.

I went to the local market hall...a large old building full of market stalls which sell many diverse items, you can pretty much get anything you want in there.

So I goes there, finds a stall, locates desired item, buys it, goes home. Happiness.
Visit the nephew, give him the holdall, job done.

A few weeks go by and I need a charger for my phone. So I goes back to the same place...only it's not there anymore. Not only is the stall not there, NO STALLS were there. I knew there had been extensive renovations and new bits added on here and there over the years. But the stalls had always been a feature of the market hall. Couldn't find a one.

I'm like, "No, no, you're doing it wrong. Retrace your steps. Somewhere you haven't looked yet."
Finally I gave up looking, and, shaking my head in frustration (but also now beginning to sense a frisson that something very strange was happening), decide to leave and head home.

As I'm walking, I see a woman sweeping the floor. Ah! A worker, she'll know.

So I says to her, "Please tell me I'm not going mad...this IS the market hall, right?" She nods.

"I thought it was. What happened to the stalls?"

"You're not from round here, are you?"

"No", I lied, too embarrassed to correct her perception.

"[some large company I can't just recall] won a multi million pound contract to build shops and arcades - the traders had to leave and their stalls were all taken down."

I felt sick and dizzy. "When?"

"Oh...good few years ago. Well, I've been here seven years and there were no stalls even then..."

The holdall is real, it exists, my nephew still has it and uses it. He thinks I went somewhere else and mistakenly believed it was the market hall.

But I don't know anywhere else with indoor stalls; the place I went to was the market hall and there were stalls everywhere. I know this.

In fact, I've window-shopped and bought stuff from different stalls in the market hall at different times within the last five years.

Where had I really gone then?

It was only last year; still baffles and haunts me.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
i got many good stories that ill post each separately so you can quote them or ask me questions with out a huge long reply quote, these stories are all true and everything that occurred can be explained with conventional science. anyway my stories are more of the "it was a 1:1,000,000 chance" variety.

story #1 we used to have a Labrador/chow mix dog that was black and had medium length hair, probably 3'' in length... one day i was walking around the house barefoot and then felt this sharp sting on the the sole of my foot, around the middle of my foot. thinking i stepped on a splinter or piece of glass i hopped to a wall and sat down to have a look... embedded in my foot was a strand of my dogs hair, it was in there a good 1.5" i quickly called my younger brother and dad over to look, they were as astonished as i was. when my dad pulled it out in one quick stroke it bleed a little bit.

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
story #2 one day i was driving my 88 ford ranger down my street with all the windows rolled down and the window in the back (cab window) opened i had an empty grocery bag that was in the area where the passengers sit, anyway it started to get drafty and the bag was going pretty crazy, as i was about to grab it, it flew out the passenger window. damn i thought lets see if i dont get a fine for littering, then about 3 seconds latter that bag was blown back in from the cab window

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
story #3 one night me and a couple of friends were at dennys. we were trying to decided what to do next and i suggested on flipping a coin for it. i had a regular nickle in my pocket and flipped it. when it landed on the table it flipped up again spinning and went to the left. then when it landed it flipped up again spinning only going to the right, this time when it land it was standing on its side and rolled to the salt shaker where it stopped standing straight up. after carefully moving the salt shaker the nickle continued to stay straight... we left the nickle like that and left dennys. i broke the law of probability that night, my out come yield an impossible result

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I have posted on here previous strange paranormal happenings, l am spending more time away and happily it's not following me. However upon my return l have heard some random growls, and standing in the shower the other day, something "flew" through the shower, skimmed my hair, and caused an almighty bang on the shower wall.

The earlier happenings seem to coincide with a major overflow leak in the loo which was outside the property, l still have a minor leak in the loo area, which comes and goes. Now according to Paranormol programmes flowing water can open a portal, so maybe that is my problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Theres a story here in Maryland about a supposed supernatural being called peeping Tom, or the blink man. He is said to haunt a train tunnel in Ellicott city called Ilchester tunnel. What I was hurt on the playground growing up was that if you went to Ilchester tunnel and stood on the far side of the train bridge at exactly midnight and stared down to the light at the end of the tunnel without blinking for One solid hour, blank man would rise up out of the ground and show himself. According to the legend though once you see him he is permanently in your vision and every time you blink he gets closer and closer to you until he literally scares you to death.

It's the kind of thing that a lot of kids in the area try as a dare so naturally I ended up going there a few years ago, LOL. A bunch of us had played hey Mr. and got a bottle of vodka and there was this really hot girl I was trying to impress so we all did the blink man Dare. We started at midnight and most people couldn't go a solid minute let alone a solid hour without blinking.

I held on for about 15 minutes but failed pretty miserably, which was OK because the girl ended up being a total skank anyway. Long story short, there was this girl who did the entire hour. It was incredible and totally unbelievable, but somehow she managed to do it. It was freaky watching somebody go that long without blinking. Then she started saying there he is, I see him I see him. We thought she was just pulling our leg but she was getting really scared and the whole ride home she was holding her fingers open with her eyes because she said he was out on the road and that every time she blinked we would pass him again somewhere. I have to admit that I thought it was BS at first, but an hour of that kind of talk starts to get under your skin.

She didn't come in to school on Monday. She died in a car accident the next day when she swerved her car off the road. True story.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Flashmaster because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
This happened to me in 2010.

I have always been interested in paranormal stories, and often ask my friends about any experiences they have had. I have a bunch of third party stories to tell, but none of my own except this one, and one other that I wrote about in the paranormal experiences thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com... Anyways, I have one friend who has the most experiences of anyone I know, I believe him as he is not the type to just make things up, I wont go into detail about his experiences because I have no way of actually knowing they are true, all I can say is that whenever I was around him I got a feeling that something was wrong, and that I needed to pay extra attention to my surroundings, or just have a heightened sense of sounds and things near me.

Once in 2010 I asked him to retell the stories he had told me in the past, and he got angry. He told me that he was sick of talking about them, and that the more he talked about it and told people the more the entity(ies) would bother him, and he would prefer not to talk about it anymore. I persisted and he got angry with me and shouted that if I wanted to hear about it so much that he would give it to me, and then he talked to the air and gave the entity permission to follow me instead. This was kind of freaky but I just shrugged it off. that night at about 3 oclock in the morning I woke up from a dream, I could not remember the dream but I knew that it was one of the worst I had ever had. I felt sick, disgusted, and just wrong, the room felt bad, and it was entirely too quiet, something was just wrong. I said the lords prayer and thought about jesus as I often did/do when I felt like something evil was trying to influence me, and eventually went back to sleep. The next day my group of friends was in a field doing some military training, we were in a location that people don't usually go, out in the middle of a field. I was telling them about everything I just wrote about, and then suddenly I looked down at my feet and found a baseball card, I picked it up and looked at it, and it was a card of jesus crucified on the cross. I kept it and put it in my pocket, I thought this was such a coincidence that I would find that card at that exact moment in that random location that it could not possibly be a coincidence. I didn't have those dreams or feelings again after that, and when I went looking for the card later I couldn't not find it, like it was a trinket from some game that disappeared after use.

maybe paranormal, maybe just a chain of random events, but for sure the strangest thing that I have experienced.
edit on 17-11-2016 by Kittor because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
For starters, this is my first post. I one had a relatively strange experience that I would like to share with you all.

I was at a campground near a river that flow into the Chesapeake Bay. I spending the weekend with a neighbor of mine. I was around 15 years old and my neighbors was a year younger. We were playing basketball on the outdoor asphalt court near the center of the camping area. The evening faded and the last light of day was around twenty to thirty minutes prior to what was about to take place.

I was sitting on a basketball resting from playing for the last hour or so. My friend was leaning against the metal post the basketball backboard was attached to. There was little artificial light around the court (I could only assume this was intentional as to keep night-time noise down). As we are sitting there talking a red hue suddenly appeared all around us. It was as if we were in a black room used for developing photos. I remember looking at him and seeing the look of disbelief on his face. I had time to look all around me, hold my hand out and rotate it to observe the strange color all around and back at my friend before the "light" disappeared. The entirety of the area was filled with this strange red glow. If I had to guess, it lasted ten to fifteen seconds. We talked briefly about our experience before running back to his family's camp site a few hundred yards away. We told everyone about our experience but they all claimed they did not experience anything out of the ordinary.

He and I rarely see each other but when we do, we always bring up our strange encounter with the glowing red incident. If any of you have experienced anything similar or heard of anything similar, I would love to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
About 20 years ago, I came home to an empty house. (I knew it would be empty). After walking into the kitchen, I noticed one of the barstools at my pubtable was askance. I put it back in place when all of a sudden the chair jerked back to where it was. I pulled it back, it jerked back. After about 15 seconds of a tug of war with the empty chair, all of a sudden the blinds on the window behind the table all flattened and slammed into the glass at the same time. We are talking about a 5 foot by 6 foot window. I backed up into the kitchen, then realized I was trapped in a U shapped area, and proceeded to slide along the walls until I was out. I was never able to duplicate how whatever slammed into the window blinds causing them to hit the window at the same time, short of slamming my body against it and then breaking the windows.

A few days later, my dog (female boxer) came scrambling out of my bedroom, followed by my clothing iron, which had to move about 6 feet one way, and then take a 90 degree turn to end up about 9 feet into the next room. My dog was seriously distressed. Loaves of bread started standing up on end, on the counter and floor. Empty glasses would fill up with water..... Months before, I had taken pictures of my son and dog in the living room and a strange wispy foglike thing appeared in the pictures swirling around child and dog. After the incident with the dog, I had a (screaming) 'chat' with whatever it was..... I said I didn't mind a spirit in the house, but it had better stop with the #ty behavior. Then everything stopped.
edit on 4-12-2016 by LeslieD because: Clarification

edit on 4-12-2016 by LeslieD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
While it's crappy behaviour disappeared, it did start a new game. "What can I make disappear".

Things would vanish, then mysteriously appear again. There was one incident involving a piece of a hair cutting kit. We argued about where the heck it was for about 6 weeks. Then the darn thing just showed up on my bathroom counter in plain sight in front of the two of us. There is no way on this planet I could have missed it. But there it was right under our noses. Whatever it was, seemed to feed off the negative actions of myself and my son in trying to find the missing object.

posted on Dec, 6 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I never used to believe in the paranormal until I had a strange experience in my grandmothers house.My grandmother's house is pretty old but we have never had any creepy encounters there yet. I was sleeping in the old nursery last summer when I felt like some kind of pressure was there on the end of my bed like someone was sitting on it. This happened for a week in a row and always early in the morning. I am still not a firm believer in ghosts but still this experience got me thinking.

top topics

<< 48  49  50   >>

join