It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
1. I was 18 and tripping on '___' and looked across the room and I swear I saw Jim Morrison.

2. I delivered a pizza to this guy's house and he exposed himself to me.

3. A couple months ago I went out for a cigarette at about 2AM and heard this really loud and strange noise. We live just south of where the police department store their lone helicopter, so it's not unusual to hear that at any given hour. But this wasn't the helicopter. I have no clue what it was. It sounded like the synthesized sound of spaceships you see in the movies. I'm not saying it was that, it just sounded like it. In fact, I didn't see anything. I just heard the noise. And I was out there looking around for about twenty minutes and didn't see a thing. It was a perfectly clear night. The noise didn't change in either volume or tone the entire time I was out there. It was just there, and sounded like it was right above me. I watched the news and read the paper the next day to see if anybody else heard it and reported it, but no one did. I have no clue what it was and know for a fact it wasn't the helicopter.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot. In August of 2005 I was talking to my Aunt and found out that my cousins had been arrested; for unrelated events. I was so pissed that I took out my book of maps and drew my finger from the Gulf of Mexico to New Orleans Louisiana and said I wish a Hurricane would wiped the sh!t hole off the map. Sure enough! It didn't wipe it from the map, but I was pleased with the outcome.

I've promised myself to be more responsible in the future when I destroying things.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Actually I just posted an experience a buddy and I had as a kid on one of the other threads...

Basically I saw one of these "shadow people" when I was a little guy. My buddy Robby and I were riding our 4-wheelers around in some woods behind my grandfathers farmhouse in Arkansas. We stopped at a pond to skip rocks, and throw sticks and thing, and after a little while of doing this I saw this extremely black "man" watching us. I froze stiff. Robby noticed me and looked, he froze as well. After what seemed like hours(probably just a minute or so in actuality), it took a few steps toward us...we ran like little girls ...

We eventually went back and got our 4-wheelers and tore-ass back to the house. My dad tried to convince us it was just a shadow, or we were making it up...but to this day it still kinda spooks me...

I have never found, or even heard of anyone else having experienced this...I am so relieved that there are other people that have seen these things. I don't remember having the feeling it was malicious, but I know I was immediately terrified, and I'm sure Robby was as well. I have always thought it was a demon or something like that. I was pretty sure I was not supposed to see it, and for a long time I looked out for it to prove that I saw something. I have not seen one since...and Robby was killed in a car accident, drunk driving. I don't know if he ever saw another one either....

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is a great thread.
Keeping me up late, though.

Something interesting in a lot of the stories is the weird relation between UFOs and the supernatural. You'd have thought the two were seperate. One being physical, the other etheral...

Never seen any of these shadow things, though. Or at least not that I know of. Maybe they don't like the weather here in the UK

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by limousinemouse
But seriously, and I suppose I'm saying this in the right place, reality IS NOT what we think or are taught it is. There's much much more to it than that and we need to start checking it out.

I agree completely limosinemouse. And I couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks for postng.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
Basically I saw one of these "shadow people" when I was a little guy. My buddy Robby and I were riding our 4-wheelers around in some woods behind my grandfathers farmhouse in Arkansas. We stopped at a pond to skip rocks, and throw sticks and thing, and after a little while of doing this I saw this extremely black "man" watching us.

We eventually went back and got our 4-wheelers and tore-ass back to the house. My dad tried to convince us it was just a shadow, or we were making it up...but to this day it still kinda spooks me...

I have never found, or even heard of anyone else having experienced this...I am so relieved that there are other people that have seen these things.

Hi Daddymax. Thanks for taking the time to post. And I'm sorry to hear about Robby. I have to confess, I never really heard too much about these "shadow people" before I started this thread. It seems that several people on this thread have experienced something about them. I'm very intrigued. Thanks again.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by Static Sky]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

I think the problem half the time is that people are so isolated by this society/political and economic system. If we see something strange we tend to keep it to ourselves for fear of ridicule or ending up in a nuthole.

All it is really designed for is making money for The Man, it is not there to better human kind in general or solve any of the great mysteries.

What we really need to do is share these experiences and look for commonalities. If we can understand and accept there are things we don't understand, perhaps we can approach these experiences with more courage (and so maybe come back with more knowledge from the encounter) when they happen to us, knowing that nobody will call us crazy because we've discovered ALMOST EVERYONE has had similar experiences.

Anyway, thanks again for a good read. Getting a bit spooked!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I did the ufo / beings / ghost thing a couple times but hey I think everyone here has so here's something a little more unique.

Just today I was halfway down a set of stairs and FORGOT how to use them. Just for a split second... Long as it takes for a brain fart to pass. It has happened maybe 3 times in the past 10 years. It's even happened while DRIVING!

Perhaps its the daydreaming thing or maybe my body / mind working o other tasks intently. Believe me, I have a perfect driving record even while speeding.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
today was the day..
i realized that everything i have been raised to beleive about my country might turn out to be a bold face lie. while that may not sound suprising to many on this site, to me it is a sureal feeling of anger mixed with dread.

who can i put my hands on? who can i hold responsible for all thats wrong here? today has been a strange day indeed.

oh yeah by the way i had the craziest fit of deja vu in my life this evening one for the record books.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
This post is a long one, I'm going to have to post it in two parts. On a mysterious summer night, August 27, 2007, the night of a Lunar eclipse, I was walking home from a chicks house in Laguna Beach. At the time I didn't have my license, So my only option was to take the city bus. So I walk up to the bus stop, only to read the bus schedule, which showed that the last bus just went by a couple of minutes ago. So I said, "Damn". So I started walking down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) for about a mile, and I started to get hungry, so I bought a Deli sandwich and a Kiwi Snapple at a Circle K I think it was. I only ate half of the sandwich and drank half of the Snapple, and put the reaming items back into my backpack. So I started to walk down PCH again and I decided to sleep on the beach for the night. I also thought it was going to be pretty cool that I was going to be able to watch the Lunar eclipse without barely any light pollution. The So I headed towards the shore, and sat and put my backpack down, and made a little sand pillow, and took out a towel out of my backpack. Here is a Google map showing where I was at.

The thought of the 4x4 trucks that patrol the beaches at night popped in my head, and so I was worried about getting ran over. So I found some sticks and stuck a couple of them in the ground, symmetrically on both sides, and dug two little trenches on both sides of me, around 10 feet away from where I would be sleeping, for each one. So finally I laid down and started to witness the Lunar eclipse. And at around 1 A.M., I fell asleep while watching the lunar eclipse. Then about around an hour I woke up. So I turned my head to my right and saw a figure, probably 1/4 mile away walking towards me with a light coming off it. So I thought to my self, "Damn, its the cops patrolling the beach, there going to kick me off".t I was at Crystal Cove State Beach, and people are not allowed to sleep on the beached there. So I just watched it get closer and closer to me. Then it got up to around 15 feet away from me, but didn't do anything, just stood there, and it was still shrouded in black as it was when I first spotted it. There was a little light near its hand or its wrist, so I thought that maybe it was a jogger holding a cellphone. Then I took my phone to look at what time it was, and it was around 2 A.M., So I was confused. Then I started to feel the the sensation of fear, because this entity was unknown to me.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by limousinemouse
reply to post by Static Sky

What we really need to do is share these experiences and look for commonalities. If we can understand and accept there are things we don't understand, perhaps we can approach these experiences with more courage (and so maybe come back with more knowledge from the encounter) when they happen to us, knowing that nobody will call us crazy because we've discovered ALMOST EVERYONE has had similar experiences.

This is exactly why I joined ATS and exactly why I chose this as my first thread. I'm glad your enjoying it as much as I am and hope to hear from you again.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It started walking up and down the beach, at an unusually fast pace, probably 10 to 15 Mph, and it kind of looked liked it was floating. So at this point I was pretty freaked out, and thoughts of maybe this is an alien, or maybe a ghost. So I started to check my phone every couple minutes to see what time it was, to be sure that I wasn't loosing time, and that it wasn't a dream. Then it started to go in and out of the water, probably 10 to 15 feet, then would come back out to the shoreline, and back and forth. I was still feeling confused, and the sensation of fear was wearing off. After this figure stopped going in and out of the water, it had some device, I couldn't make out what it was, it looked like it was perhaps a walker, like the ones the elderly use, or maybe a metal detector. It consisted of poles. While all this was happening, the moon was still going through the lunar eclipse process. After it stopped doing what the figure was doing with this device, It walked away from it, and started walking towards me. The figure walked right passed me, and I was about to stand up and start talking to it, but for some reason I didn't. It kept on walking until it started going up a hill.

The only way that I knew that it was walking, because the light that was coming of its wrist or hand. It started to go up even higher, and then the light just faded out, and it was gone. So I laid there, wondering about what did I just experience. So I fell back to sleep, and woke up in the morning. I took the half of the deli sandwich, and half of the Snapple, and consumed it. After that, I started to walk up towards the PCH, and waited at the bus stop and rode the bus home. This experience really changed my life. My thoughts started to change too. Ever since then, I started to think how most of the technology we use commonly, I.e, The Internal Combustion Engine, Airplanes, Helicopters, Rockets, Etc., were un-efficient and old ways of transportation. I started to ponder about if Electromagnetism and Gravity are related, and started to think of ways to create anti gravity. I started to do alot of research and reading about NAZI Ufos, and Unlimited energy, the Coler device, spinning tanks of vaporized mercury plasma. Also, my political ideas changed, I mean drastically changed. I used to be a blind patriot, always supporting the was in Iraq, and all that propaganda. I started to see the greed in the government, and how we are not really free, and that the federal government has to much control of us. All in all, I think it was a positive experience for me.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
I did the ufo / beings / ghost thing a couple times but hey I think everyone here has so here's something a little more unique.

Just today I was halfway down a set of stairs and FORGOT how to use them. Just for a split second... Long as it takes for a brain fart to pass. It has happened maybe 3 times in the past 10 years. It's even happened while DRIVING!

Perhaps its the daydreaming thing or maybe my body / mind working o other tasks intently. Believe me, I have a perfect driving record even while speeding.

wow i know exactly what your talking about i have been there before.
it happened alot when i returned to the states from overseas.

things like brushing my teeth, and tieing my shoe.
i noticed i was having to think harder about simple tasks to the point i was afraid i was facing some kind of uhhh i dont know tumor or somthing.
i remember once i was going to pour a glass of cold water from a ptcher and i was looking at it knowing that it meant somthing but i wasnt sure what. then it went away, an episode lasting maybe no more than what seemed like 3 or 4 seconds. well i talked to doctor about it he said stress is the biggest factor in short term memory loss. i found that interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

That's wierd Atlantican. I went through a bit of a time in my early teens when I kept forgetting how to breath without thinking about it. It's hilarious to me now but back then, I'd think that if I didn't think, "inhale, exhale....."the whole time, I'd stop breathing.

Of course, when I'd forget about the whole thing, I was fine but still pretty strange, you know?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Alot of strange things have happened to me over the years, especially as a teenager under the influence of "magic ingestibles"But as an adult, I would say 1 of the the weirdest occurrence was as follows: My uncle Rocco came to me in a dream,2 years after his death, and simply said "GO".No more,no less he just said "GO".I thought... Hmm...GO WHERE?I have never dreamed of my uncle Rocco before or since. This dream came a week before the 2005 Kentucky Derby in which I was going to bet $200 on the race.As soon as I looked at the horses entered in the race,it hit me smack dead in the face.PUT IT ALL ON GIACOMO.Giacomo went off and won at 50 to 1 odds paying #102.60.In the history of the derby,the second longest shot EVER to win the derby.In my handicapping race history,I would have NEVER bet on a horse like Giacomo,but you see,this was very different.....my uncle Rocco's last name is GIACOMO.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by SouthJerseyGuy]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I've had quite a few over the years, but to keep it short, the worst one was when I was 15, I worked with an Uncle, my older brother and two other grown men (30's). Being the youngest and the one with the biggest mouth, I always caught flak on the ride home and it was generally meant in fun.
One night on the way home one of the 2 grown men got very personal in his trash talking towards me. I got REAL P.O.ed and as he was the first to be dropped off that night. I told him you're a dead man, a car is going to run your ass over. Last thing I ever said to him. Nobody talked crap to me again.
Well, maybe one more. Going to work 14-15 years ago, I had the new guy riding with me. He was fresh out of Chicago and the Florida weather was quite a site to him. He mentioned that he had never seen a tornado before and I told him you'll see one on the way home today. We did.
syntax-sp.

[edit on 6/19/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

[edit on 6/19/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Being within 10' of a saucer hovering 3' above my patio.

Rich

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
after trying to remember somthing strange i think i have found one, though im curious if anyone else has had this.

i suppose the closest thing i can liken it to is an out of body experience.
where i basically became a ghost to myself in another time, and the thing is i remember the time i saw the ghost. like a loop.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
when i say another time i mean when i was somthing like 4 years old. i remember my mother telling me in those years i had a brother who was 11 years older than me and he lived in califonia. i never saw him aexcept for one picture she showed me.

one day i was playing at the end of the hall by my room when i saw a person looking around he corner at the other end of the hall who looked similar to the picture of my brother. so i got up right away and as i walked to the person he went back around the corner.

when i got to the living room there wsas noone there and my dad just came in the front door and i went to my mom and asked, where is richard?
richard was my brother.. she remided me that he was in california with his dad. i told her that no he was here in the living room. ofcourse i was dismissed for imagining things. but it wasnt until i was 15 that i remember walking in the living room of my old house and i couldnt believe how clear everything was as in i could see the smallest detail and smell the air. my mother was cooking in the kitchen and my dad was out near the car in the drivway doing somthing and as i turned the corner i saw ME sitting on the floor near a closet at the end of the hall playing with a blue pillow with blue tassles. when the younger me saw myself, he got up and began to walk toward me which startled me and i remember turning around and then i was back in "reality" again.
i guess the more interesting thing is what lead me into this "out of body" experience. it has happened mutliple times. bot all were with me but where i was essentially ghosting other people in thier house.

has anyone else had a similar experience? i would really like to know.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In 2001 myself and a very close friend where having a drinking session waiting to be picked up out in the desert near a place called Joseph city near Winslow AZ, There we were a little worse for wear laughing, joking, and drinking, when we saw a herd of wild horses we had seen in the distance earlier in the day.

They where heading towards us, we began to realize this was going to be very cool to see them passing us so close, Gorgeous animals they are when they run wild especially, Anyhow as they got closer i noticed a horse which was different and i thought deformed, imagine our surprise when the horse i thought was sick, turned out to be a Camel, yup thats right a bloody Camel.

Needless to say id had enough to drink and was happy to be picked up, we didnt mention anything to the rest of the team at first because of the ridicule i thought we were in for, turns out that the US Army had experimented with Camels in AZ as an alternative to the horse in the desert, the experiment was a success but civil war broke out, and the Camels set free, what we saw was one of the descendants of the original Camels as far as we could tell, i have seen so many weird things out in the desert it would take a long time to tell them all, i can tell you that there is everything out there from ostriches to killer chipmunks, once at Bryce canyon back in 2000, (wet behind the ears as far as desert life goes back then) i came across a poor shaking baby chipmunk, and decided to take it to a ranger who had a shack out in the forest area, when he saw the chipmunk for a second i could have sworn he was about to draw his pistol on me, the fear in is face was sooo intense, it was like a dirty harry movie i swear, he took a step back and said in a loud clear instructive manner, to put the chipmunk down in the back of his pickup.

Nobody told me they carry the hanta virus as well as a few more deadly diseases, i had to give them all my contact details and promise to camp overnight, until a vet had seen the chipmunk and given the all clear, i never heard from them again, but goes down in my books as one of the funniest, scariest, weirdest things that has ever happened to me.

Ive never come across anyone else who has seen the Camels, but i promise you they are there.

Here is the story of how they got there

And i dont care what the site tells me they are still out there, was not a ghost, was very real, a Camel that thinks it is a horse.

[edit on 19/6/2008 by azzllin]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join