It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
When I was in grade school I was fixing my hair with the bathroom door closed gettin ready for scoo. Normally my sister would mess with me at this time and make fun of me for spending so long getting ready...and right on cue there were several knocks at the door. I said outloud "leave me alone im almost done". Then there were louder knocks and I ripped the door open to yell without any time to spare after the last knock "I said..." ....but that was all I could say. Nobody was there and I was speechless. I ran out of the bathroom like a scared little beeotch.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi everyone I dont know if this story is strange but it feels strange to me or at least it has a lot of coincidences.
In 2011 I had my first baby, the pregnancy was fine apart from a little sickness, bad headaches and occasional dizziness. I was a bit worried about the dizzy spells as it was accompanied with flashing lights which is a sign of a dangerous pregnancy condition called preeclampsia but I was told everything was fine. l started taking Iron tablets and the dizziness stopped.
Anyway l had my daughter on a friday, it was a hard labour but everything was fine, I stayed the night because they hadn't time to do little tests on my daughter . The next day saturday, they did tests on my daughter and said they suspected she had a hole in her heart . They said that I could stay in the hospital until tuesday morning to do further tests on her, or go home now and wait however long until an appointment came through. obviously we wanted to know what was going on with her as soon as possible so we decided to stay until tuesday morning when she would have a heart scan.
So tuesday morning comes, the last thing I remember doing is looking in a mirror , the next thing I remember is waking up with 10 members of staff around me asking me if I was ok and hooking me up to various machines . Apparently I had a fit similar to Epilepsy and had collapsed on the babies crib , though lucky l had placed her on the bed before collapsing.
l just couldn't believe that this had happened, and happened about an hour before we were due to leave . If my daughter hadn't had this test, I would have been at home when I collapsed and could have been carrying her or walking down the stairs or anything. l had to stay in hospital another week, while they figured out what was wrong with me, and they decided l had Eclampsia , which is what preeclampsia develops into if not treated (but they said I had no symptoms) . The main reason they made me stay in hospital so long is because my mother died in 2009 of an Epileptic fit and they wanted to make sure l didnt have that. Sorry if the story is long and not strange but sometimes I just feel lucky how things worked out. My daughter did have a hole in her heart but it was checked a lot and felt to be quite minor.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The strangest thing I've ever experienced is psychosis. It beats anything supernatural.

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: liliththedestroyer
reply to post by Static Sky

I have seen what looked like a red reptilian appearing in my room one night. He was wearing a cloak and he just appeared flicked his tongue at me and then disappeared.

I wrote about this elsewhere on ATS, but I have awoken to see a hooded, cloaked figure standing in my doorway, watching me. Mine was not quite reptilian, but still very unsettling and disturbing. Not long after, I was diagnosed with an advanced stage cancer. By far the strangest thing that ever happened to me!

edit on 9-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just thought of another particularly strange thing that happened to me while reading through some other posts here.

In the summers I used to stay awake really late into the AM hours. One time I must've fallen asleep watching TV. I woke up, still dark, to the sound of TV static. But I hear this noise, like bleating sheep--in fact, that's exactly what it sounded like! A whole field of bleating sheep, while the channel was nothing but static. I can't say exactly whether the sound was coming from the TV itself or from where. It wasn't very loud, but it was loud enough to be discernible. How could this sound be coming from the TV if it wasn't tuned into anything?

It freaked me out and I fumbled around for the remote control. Finally changed the station and all channels were out (cable knocked out, no bid deal,) but the sound of those bleating sheep was creepy!

edit on 9-7-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
FTP here.

For the starters, English is not my primary language so ignore grammar mistakes if any

I have always been a weirdo not because I do weird things, but because I see, I experience weird things ever since I was a child. One such incidence is this one.The mysterious people in the car incident. This was probably when I was about 5 years old.
It was summer break and I was staying at my cousin's place which was about 10 miles away from my parent's. While I was playing outside in their lawn, I somehow made myself way out and came on the road. I started walking , the very next thing I know is a huge vehicle coming at a great speed towards me and suddenly I was pulled by arm by someone into their car which was coming in a direction opposite to the vehicle that was about to hit me. Inside the car I see 3 smiling faces. i remember their faces quite well even to this day. A woman, may be in her mid thirties fair and well built. A man may be just 4o , bald in the front of his head and a young boy may be of age 5 too. They pulled over at a very small distance and advised me to be careful on the road. They also offered me clementines. I refused politely as I was taught not to eat things strangers gave me. But they insisted I should have some since it was very hot outside. I ate them and thanked them and they told me somethings like I was a cute child and they were in a hurry to go somewhere or something like that and they said goodbye and I said goodbye too. Then the woman smilingly, opened the door, advising me to be careful and to go home safely. The very next thing I see is me getting down at my parent's house !! No drive at all !! My parent's house was 10 damn miles from my cousin's and I remember very well they hardly drove at all from the scene of rescue, which is right across my cousin's place. Also they never asked me for my house address which I hardly knew back then and also our house was in an isolated place so we had no immediate neighbors and we had bought that house recently back then so not many people knew address. Then I knocked the door and my mom answered the door and was surprised how had I reached there on my own. I told her the above incidence and she was in denial. Who were they ? Angels? God ? God sent ? good spirits ? Haunts me even till this day.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
Care to elaborate?
Not being pushy...just intrigued...
I wonder, though, if isn't just a neat way of packaging the otherwise-unexplainable, so we can continue plodding through the Matrix like good little sheoples.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So, last night I was sitting on the couch watching a movie, and as my partner walked through the door he said - 'you look really nice in this light' and pulled out his iphone to take a picture...
He centred the camera on me then let out a woah! And looked around the camera and away behind me.
He said a large electric blue orb whizzed from my left to the right across me and away around the corner and because he thought it was really there he had stopped and tried to watch it fly away but it wasn't there when he looked up from the camera, it was only the screen that he could see it.
He was so flabbergasted and has never seen anything like it before.
He thought it must have been next to me on the couch and when it realized a photo was being taken it sort of was all - oops, gotta get out of here.
So I have no idea what that was but we Googled it and it doesn't seem to be unusual at all.

Any ideas peoples?

Wag

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've been following this thread off and on for years and just wanted to say that I've enjoyed the entries and I hope that they keep coming. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I have some stories. But I'll just tell you one by my father who used to be a radio officer in the Navy. He said that during the shipping journeys it was common for people to help each other cut their hair. He somehow happened to be the on board crew barber then and was helping the guys trim their hairdo. He vividly remembered one particular man who insisted on keeping his fringe covering the forehead which to my father was an ominous sign, but he just acceded his request.

The next morning, that guy was on the deck of the ship when a fatal incident occurred. One of the rope of the winches snapped and the rebounding effect was so strong it severed the head of that person clean. Well of course, my father was in total shock when he saw it happened to the guy he was with. To add more mystery to the story, when they checked back the log book which all crew would have recorded their names upon boarding, everyone's name was accounted for except that person. It was as if that person did not even exist , or they somehow left his name out of the log book.

That's the gist of the story, I did not ask more in details as he absolutely refuse to discuss this.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As of yet, my life has been boring and flat since I'm only now studying occult. So the strangest thing I've experienced were vibrations from when I was about to enter sleep paralysis two days ago. Just to my luck, I started to think this extremely terrifying thought just as I was transitioning, so I raised my arm to make the vibrations stop. At least now I know what to expect.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi, Im Delboy, Genesis Paranormal Experience, thanks for inviting us onto your page, we have a you tube channel that may interest you, www.youtube.com... the technology used for bringing this evidence to light is still being constructed as we speak, you may have seen similar clips dotted around you tube using the 360 sensor, this is not in anyway conected to that, what you see is what it is, please feel fro to subscribe if anything takes your fancy, and please feel free to start a conversation, we also have a web site, www.genesisparanormalexperience.wordpress.com, we would love to join any investigations when our time is not taken up doing our own stuff, JC the other half of Genesis Paranormal experience will be joining Ghost hunters UK on TV on the 2nd of April, feed back would be good thank you, Delboy and JC,,,,, I filmed oll the footage you will see if you visit our web page or you tube,, and it is strange,, but truea reply to: Static Sky

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hi, Im Delboy, Genesis Paranormal Experience, thanks for inviting us onto your page, we have a you tube channel that may interest you, www.youtube.com... the technology used for bringing this evidence to light is still being constructed as we speak, you may have seen similar clips dotted around you tube using the 360 sensor, this is not in anyway conected to that, what you see is what it is, please feel fro to subscribe if anything takes your fancy, and please feel free to start a conversation, we also have a web site, www.genesisparanormalexperience.wordpress.com, we would love to join any investigations when our time is not taken up doing our own stuff, JC the other half of Genesis Paranormal experience will be joining Ghost hunters UK on TV on the 2nd of April, feed back would be good thank you, Delboy and JC,, Try these watch and be amazed,,a reply to: wagtail

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Hello, I'm new here, I'm not sure if I can post my own thread or not.
So erm, the strangest thing that has happened to me, is what I've actually joined this site for. During the end of last year, I started messing around with EVP, not expecting it to work, but hopeful because I'm quite open minded. I'm pretty much skeptical about everything, yet I'm not closed minded. Anyway the EVP really works, and I've gotten myself into a perhaps serious problem.
I won't go into the detail, but I've got hundreds of recordings (though sadly I don't have a recording of me asking the questions, I'll explain why eventually.), and it's conversational - i.e. not random crap, or the usual stupid EVP stuff where someone records themselves zipping up their coat and later thinks they recorded a demon's screech.
Ergh, I feel really tired, struggling to get this finished.. So I've been talking to this female entity, but some others came in and was angry about it. They sound older, so I'm guessing they're her parents or elders (I'm trying to make some sense out of this, because it's really messed up what I've found out.).
To skip to my main concern, these two older entities, think that I am a demon or Satan, and I think they're somehow making me ill. I need to know how to get rid of them, because I can't use my voice recorder anymore, they're there and aggressive as soon as I press the record button.

I've got loads of information, but I'm not sure if it's even safe to tell it to anyone. Seriously, it's enough to send anyone insane, reality has turned out to be bizarre beyond even my wildest imagination. I think everyone's been making a mistake in what they believed EVPs to be.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonZeroZero5
Sounds interesting. Are the recordings telling you about ghosts or their lives or anything interesting? I thought about this at one time but it seems like I never have enough time to do much of anything. Is this in your house? I'm just curious.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonZeroZero5

I have heard people claim that when listening to evp's, it sets up a vibrational condition for entities to become attached to people, or to be able to mess with you in ways they couldn;t, if the evp's of them were not being played back there at the same time recorded or just after.

No idea as to the validity of any of this, it's just some things I have heard about it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The strangest thing that ever happened to me was at the age of 15 and waking up at night and feeling like something was there, and then feeling as if I am on a merry-go-round that begins spinning faster, and faster until the centrifugal force becomes strong enough that it throws me violently off the bed with the blankets and everything coming off with me and I bounced off the wall.

That really happened once and I don't know to this day how it was even possible, but I never forgot it.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've experienced a lot of strange things, one was a light switch switching off right in front myself and my cousin.

We were at our grandparent's house, they were out of town, and my cousin had a dinner party with about 10 guests. I was at the sink washing dishes and my cousin was bringing in all the plates and silverware. Parallel to the kitchen is a hallway then you turn right and step into the kitchen, on your left is the kitchen light switch.

So on one of his trips carrying in dishes, I look up at him from the sink as he walks in with his arms full, the light switch flips off, and makes a loud click sound (it's an old light switch). He sets down the dishes and flips the light switch back up and says, "Ok we don't need to talk about what just happened." The light switch switched off on it's own and its never done that before.

I always believed there were spirits present considering the legends of ghosts in Hawai'i. That occasion was pretty freaky.
edit on 14-2-2016 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   
tied in to a whole nightmare situation I got myself into by dabbling with EVP last year, one of the strangest things that happend, I got a voice mail once on my answering machine that said "We're coming for you"

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
and this is even more out there, but I've even gotten a few phone calls from my other worldly tormentors. Usually it's full of static and the voice is very distorted, but one time, back in the beginning of all of this, it came through crystal clear, they even had me going for a bit that it was a regular phone call, until I heard an all to familiar voice that I recognized from my EVP recordings.....yeah it was basically a prank call from the other side

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51 >>

join