It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is so funny as I was just thinking last week how sad I was that nothing weird ever happens to me!
I will give you a little background. My husband has a part time job in the evenings after his full time job (we are trying to save up for a vacation) so most days I pick my twins up from preschool which requires me to leave about a half hour early from my job. Tuesdays, my husband works at the part time position and so I always pick my daughters up. The preschool and our home is on the SE side of our city and we both work on the far NW side, depending on traffic, it is about 25-40 minute drive.The preschool is on a side street, and the only thing that is on this street is a few houses and the school itself.
So Tuesday, I leave work early to pick up my girls. I turn on the side street the school is on (about a mile long) and I see what appears to be my husband approaching on his dirt bike (my husband is huge into dirt bikes and he has two in our garage, his favorite being the neon green one). Now dirtbikes are not street legal here so you don't see any on the roads very often. But as I am driving, a neon green dirtbike with a man, wearing the same type of workshirt and color my husband was wearing that day passes me. As the person passed me, I noticed he looked identical to my husband. The guy did not look at the car so I'm not sure if he was aware of me even being on the road, his eyes stayed in front of him.
So being mad that I had to leave work early for my him to play around, I immediately call my husband to ask him where he was since he was supposed to be at his part time job and he states he is at his job so he can't really talk. Not believing him, as I know what I saw with my own eyes, I pick up my daughters and hurry home. Our home is about 10 minutes from the school. I open the garage and see the bike there. I am still thinking, well he was quick but I feel the exhaust and all of the bike and it had not been started. I was in complete shock, I asked my husband about it again and he said it was strange but it was someone else. So yes I guess it could be someone else but so many coincidences:
Dirtbike the same color and you don't see them on the road often
Right by my children's school, nothing else really is on the street
At the time he would normally be picking up, if he was not working part time that day
Same color and style work shirt my husband was wearing that day
and the guy looked identical to my husband.
I had no reason to believe he was lying when he told me where he was but I still can't make sense of what happened. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cappy85
This is so funny as I was just thinking last week how sad I was that nothing weird ever happens to me!
I will give you a little background. My husband has a part time job in the evenings after his full time job (we are trying to save up for a vacation) so most days I pick my twins up from preschool which requires me to leave about a half hour early from my job. Tuesdays, my husband works at the part time position and so I always pick my daughters up. The preschool and our home is on the SE side of our city and we both work on the far NW side, depending on traffic, it is about 25-40 minute drive.The preschool is on a side street, and the only thing that is on this street is a few houses and the school itself.
So Tuesday, I leave work early to pick up my girls. I turn on the side street the school is on (about a mile long) and I see what appears to be my husband approaching on his dirt bike (my husband is huge into dirt bikes and he has two in our garage, his favorite being the neon green one). Now dirtbikes are not street legal here so you don't see any on the roads very often. But as I am driving, a neon green dirtbike with a man, wearing the same type of workshirt and color my husband was wearing that day passes me. As the person passed me, I noticed he looked identical to my husband. The guy did not look at the car so I'm not sure if he was aware of me even being on the road, his eyes stayed in front of him.
So being mad that I had to leave work early for my him to play around, I immediately call my husband to ask him where he was since he was supposed to be at his part time job and he states he is at his job so he can't really talk. Not believing him, as I know what I saw with my own eyes, I pick up my daughters and hurry home. Our home is about 10 minutes from the school. I open the garage and see the bike there. I am still thinking, well he was quick but I feel the exhaust and all of the bike and it had not been started. I was in complete shock, I asked my husband about it again and he said it was strange but it was someone else. So yes I guess it could be someone else but so many coincidences:
Dirtbike the same color and you don't see them on the road often
Right by my children's school, nothing else really is on the street
At the time he would normally be picking up, if he was not working part time that day
Same color and style work shirt my husband was wearing that day
and the guy looked identical to my husband.
I had no reason to believe he was lying when he told me where he was but I still can't make sense of what happened. Any thoughts?

I don't understand. You said your husband was at work when you called. You said you felt the exhaust on his dirt bike, and it was cold. Then you said you asked him again, and he said he wasn't out.

If he was home by the time you got home, how did HE get home so fast?

If he WASNT, then why did you have to feel the exhaust? Wouldn't him not being home be enough evidence?

Sorry, I'm really not trying to call you out, it is just I really want to make sure I'm grasping the story.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have lived a very strange life, so I will list the top 10 most unbelievable, scary, paranormal things that have happened to me, off the top of my head.

1) Ghost "Sighting". Age: 5-8. This if the first thing that comes to mind. I was the age mentioned, in a 2 story house I grew up in Chicago, with my sister, who was 3 years older than me, and her friend Becky. We were the only ones in the house. My grandmother lived on the second story, my mother and father with us on the first story. My grandmother was supposed to be coming home soon, she worked at the grocery store at the end of our block.

We were sitting in a circle, on the first story floor, in the living room, talking about who knows what. They were supposed to keep an eye on me, since no adults were home. Now, in our house, we had an indoor porch, which you had to enter FIRST, then another door which you enter to actually get into the house.

I heard someone open the front door to the porch, but no one else heard it. Then, one of us heard the front door being unlocked and opened, I can't remember which of the 3 of us it was.

The next thing we know, ALL THREE OF US are hearing someone walk up the stairs to the second story of the house.

We are all being really quiet, because this is VERY unusual. The first thing my grandmother would have done when she came home, is checked on us. My mother and father weren't supposed to be home until the evening (This was MIDDAY, it wasn't dark outside, not sure what time)

Anyway, we are all really scared, and not sure what is going on.....and then we start hearing FOOT STEPS upstairs. This is REALLY freaking us out at this point, so not knowing what to do, we all slowly walk to the front of the house, where the stairs are, as if to investigate what the hell is going on, without actually wanting to get too close.

I forgot to mention, this is inner city Chicago......so our mindset at this point wasn't a GHOST.....it was someone breaking and entering. We were fearing for our lives at this point (imagine 3 young children home alone, in a big house, inner city Chicago, and you just hear someone enter into your house, and start moving around up stairs....YEA, SCARY AS ALL HELL).

So anyway, my sister and her friend Becky somehow convince ME, the YOUNGEST of all of them, to walk up the stairs and see what the hell is going on. By this time, I am in TEARS.

I get about 3 or 4 stairs up (Also, the stairway sort of winds, I guess you could say it makes a 90degree angle, so from the beginning of the stairs, you can't see the door, its a right corner /wall)

I get about 3 or 4 stairs up, and all of a sudden, the DOORKNOB to the upstairs door starts going CRAZY. It literally sounds as if the door upstairs is LOCKED.....but someone from the INSIDE of the upstairs is trying to open the door, to get OUT.

At this point, we all LITERALLY FREEZE IN TERROR. The noise gets LOUDER and LOUDER.....and at this point, someone is BANGING on the door, going NUTS.

It lasts probably less than 2 or 3 minutes , the loud banging on the door, the shuffling of the doorknob. Then it suddenly stops.

Here is the crazy part. My grandmother comes home through the front door, right after this. I mean RIGHT after, if I remember correctly. She sees me crying, us all at the bottom of the stairs, we explain what happened, yaddda yadda yadda.

The front door to the porch was locked. The front door to the house was locked. My grandmothers door to the upstairs was locked. The windows were closed upstairs (I specifically remember this, because my grandmother suggested it might have been the wind, yea.....RIGHT.

To this day, my sister, who is 30, and myself, who is 26(27 next month) mention this all the time. It is one of things that when it happens between two people, you never really forget it. There is no logical explanation for what happened....and anyone who has ever had something extremely paranormal happen in their lives....you KNOW beyond ANY doubt it was not NORMAL what happened.

I call this a ghost sighting.....although there was no actual sighting. No strange voices, nothing besides us hearing, beyond ANY doubt, 2 doors inside our house being opened, foot steps upstairs, and a doorknob being molested and a door pounded on for a few minutes.

I was going to list the top 10 things that have happened, and it was actually just going to be a bulletin type list, but the first thing on the list turned into a story. It was quite a bit to type on the spot!

If anyone is interested, I will share the full list, if not, then there is my entry
( I'm not going to type up 10 experiences if they are boring....and sometimes you can't really tell if what you are writing is as interesting to others as it is to You, the person it happened to ).

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

Maybe it was his doppelganger. I'm christian and believe in satan and demons are of this earth. I recently read about these and they scared me. I don't know what they are, and I don't want to experience them - but it's something for you to research. I believe you're being truthful about your experience.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I ve experienced many things in my life. The most bizarre things I ve experienced is not when I was awake, but in my dreams... concuss dreams. As far as I remember, about 7-8 dreams the last decade that took my attention, strange dreams, beyond the normal and truly interesting.

A latest one, I was sucked into a wormhole (more like space traveling), I found myself into another universe. The center of it was pure light, it didnt burn (like a sun) but it was magnificent, enormous source of pure light... 3 earths HUGE ONES floating and the position they have, formed a triangle (a pyramid), behind it is an enormous source of light and around them smaller planets (more like bases)

Then I spoke with people never seen in my life, but I felt them so close to me, like a family, like I knew them from all times. They told me, that this is the center government "universe" of all human looks species.. I remember, the technology there!! amazing technology!! And all planets connected with some paths, more like highways made by light and you could travel in these paths extremely fast (blue beam of light paths)... These paths connect universes and planets between them, like colorful strips... strange... It was like traveling tunnels/roads, like rainbow (lol)

Around this central universe, there are 7 other universes, all resided by human races (you could see them), I could recognize them... It was amazing experience... it was a bizarre beautiful dream... I am not much into space, never bothered... But through it I learned that the center of creation and humanity, is there and what we call "creator, creation" is that beautiful source of light. The central government uses clone technology for its planets, I mean, all planets there are cloned... artificial objects... they created them and they study, create stuff all the time.. time there is different. And I forgot to say, if I remember well, all buildings or most of it, are made of marble (I think)... anyway that is all for u to know...

Thats all about it... I gave u most of the details, some of the details no need to type them down, I hope my english are good enough to make u imagine it..
edit on 11-5-2013 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would have to say,this:
I was 16,or just turned 17.I sat up in bed,wondering what woke me up.Then in the furthest corner of my room,i see what looks like fog,a smoky haze,and inside it,what looks like a small person.Next thing,next to my bed appears this pitchblack tall slender figure-i would say about 6ft tall.
This figure was blacker than black,well the slihouette was.Inside the silhouette it was black too,but swirling blackness,like black fog.I lay back down,on my back,and was staring up at it,trying to discern features,to make out an expression.

It was standing with it's head bowed,looking down at me,but the face was pitchblack too,i could make out nothing.For what seemed like a few minutes,we just looked at each other.I was,while this was happening,amazed that i was not terrified-one would think such an episode would be very scary,not so?Eventually i felt very tired and sleepy,like i could not keep my eyes open a moment longer.I sent it a message with my mind "I'm sorry,but i am really so tired" then i turned my back to it and while i could still feel it standing there,i fell asleep.

I've always thought that it may have been my recently deceased father,he passed on a few months before this episode.I've has quite a few strange experiences in my life,but this is to me,the strangest and most memorable of all.
Great thread,btw,i love to read portions of it at night in bed,on my cell-like a good creepy book

edit on 11-5-2013 by Raxoxane because: typo's

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
He was at his work on the NW side of town, he told me both times it was not him riding the bike( not that he wasn't out) and when I got home on the SE side of town (10 minutes from the school) the bike had not been started and he was not home he was at work on the NW side. The second conversation when I asked him about it again was the next day in person, as I was in bed before he got home that night. The first conversation as via phone while driving home. I hope this clarifies.
edit on 13-5-2013 by cappy85 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Doppleganger, this is new to me, could be the answer. Would it not be strange to have one this close to where we live? I am Catholic, btw. And thanks for believing
, it happened but I guess I didn't do a very good job explaining. But my husband thinks I am crazy though so I am sure others do too. I just wanted to post to see if anyone else has experienced this, no biggie.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I just read in folklore seeing a friend or relative's Doppleganger is bad luck and a personfication of death
Please don't let this be the case, I hope it was just someone else.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
3 years ago I discovered I'm part of a story/game being played out and I'm supposed to be the beast of revelations or satan apparently. Ever since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and have seen people morph their appearance, disappear, change into totally different people in a second, a shield around me, I was half asleep and my skull felt like it exploded, my perception of time was messed up where I'd think something then perceive it shortly after and now I'll get this weird perspective game happening in my mind where I get ideas about choices where I'll think a few sentences and it can be interpreted several ways like FERTILIZER or fertilize her then suddenly on the news a fertilizer plant was exploded. Kind of weird stuff was happening but its all over now I think...
I suspect theres really high tech people on this planet manipulating peoples lives like a story where things will happen to one persons life while something else happens to others. This planet seems to be made from what I've noticed.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
When I was seventeen I meditated very deeply on being in a field of wheat and watching the wind blow the stalks gently in the breeze.

Only then I actually did feel the wind on my skin and an energy in my room - it freaked me out so profoundly that I have never seriously meditated since then. Just lightly.

I know, I'm a goober.

You're SO not a goober, unless I am. My contribution to a thread about meditation that fits in nicely here also:

After practicing yoga for five years, I decided to try meditation. I was unsure if a control freak such as myself could "let go" and relax enough to simply observe my thoughts without judgement. I was in for quite a shock. After a 90-minute practice, I settled myself in a comfortable lotus and began some deep breathing. My first surprise was watching the corner of my oriental carpet begin lifting off of the floor, creating a wave that moved toward my spot on the same carpet. I then heard that distinct loud crack I hear when returning from an OOBE. I immediately rose from the floor and decided my first foray into meditation was also my last. Apparently, despite my controlling tendencies, I slip into some kind of state with minimal provocation. It was very stressful and I'm completely uninterested in experiencing that again. It was the opposite of relaxing.

And by control freak, I mean that I've literally slept with one eye open for over ten years.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbb28767
3 years ago I discovered I'm part of a story/game being played out and I'm supposed to be the beast of revelations or satan apparently. Ever since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and have seen people morph their appearance, disappear, change into totally different people in a second, a shield around me, I was half asleep and my skull felt like it exploded, my perception of time was messed up where I'd think something then perceive it shortly after and now I'll get this weird perspective game happening in my mind where I get ideas about choices where I'll think a few sentences and it can be interpreted several ways like FERTILIZER or fertilize her then suddenly on the news a fertilizer plant was exploded. Kind of weird stuff was happening but its all over now I think...
I suspect theres really high tech people on this planet manipulating peoples lives like a story where things will happen to one persons life while something else happens to others. This planet seems to be made from what I've noticed.

You said you were diagnosed with schizophrenia. I hope you won't take offense to my reply, but are you actively trying to seek professional help? It is quite obvious from your post that you are schizophrenic.....and I don't say that because of the extraordinary experiences you are having, I say that because schizophrenics often times feel it is about "them" , their paranoid delusions are often all centered around themselves....and you mentioning how you are satan, part of this game, etc.....is obviously a delusion.

I do think that schizophrenics often times can be, and are very psychic as well. In fact, the parts of the brain that are affected by schizophrenia , in my non-medical opinion, are quite possibly the same parts of the brain that we access in spiritual activity.

Just like it is possible for a healthy minded person to get stuck in a paranoid delusion, without being schizophrenic......likewise, it is possible for a schizophrenic to also have psychic experiences.....real ones.

I wish you the best of luck my friend. The best advice I can give you is to please continue with your treatment. And try to see past this idea you have of you being Satan. I know it is probably hard to do......but none of us are "Satan". In fact, we all come from the same source, yet our Ego prevents us from seeing this. Paranoia is the result of a lack of compassionate understanding
My best wishes brother

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cappy85

I'd just like to say there was nothing wrong with how you explained the story I understood perfectly and I really don't know what the person who 'pulled you up' was talking about. The first thing that sprung to mind for me was it could have been some sort of temporal time anomaly, maybe you were seeing your husband on a different day. Either way I'm sure you have nothing worry about.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

edit on 2-6-2013 by notrecyborg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

She never said he wasn't out she said he claimed it wasn't him on the bike and that he was at work... sorry but try and read more carefully before you imply the story doesn't make sense or something. I saw no problem with her account.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cbb28767

I think this post is the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Man, I'm SO disappointed in this thread...

...disappointed that it's only 47 pages long! I NEED MORE!

I'd like to thank everyone for shaing! It's been really fun to read all these great stories and personal experiences. I'm just sad there aren't more.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

i recently had a really weird cybernatural experience. i was on my computer in my room and i felt really cold all of the sudden and my screen got really fuzzy. it happened so quickly that i wasn't sure that i had even seen it, but then it happened to me again. it was definitely the strangest thing that i have ever experienced, but now i really want to figure out a way to communicate with this spirit, but I don't know how? what if this spirit isn't friendly?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me is once when I was about 12 or 13 I went looking for my Grandma who lived with us at the time. I was in my bedroom and I thought she was in the house. I came down the hall and in the living room I saw who I thought was Grandma.

I called her name and she looked back at me. This is where it gets beyond freaky. The woman I saw was wearing my Grandma's favorite clothes and had white hair just like my Grandma but the scary thing was this woman looked like a older version of my Mom and she had the saddest look on her face that I had ever seen at least at that point in time.

It shocked me so much that I just stopped in my tracks and couldn't say anything as she looked at me with those sad, sad eyes and then she slowly turned and walked towards the side room connected to the living room. She went to it and opened the door going in and the door shut.

I was so freaked out I didn't even try to go find out what she was doing. Then I found out my Grandma and my parents were all outside in the backyard with my sisters.

Several years later in the exact year my Grandma died she had to get a hysterectomy and it seemed to affect her mind. She grew really depressed and thought my youngest sister wasn't the real Wanda and wanted to find the real Wanda. She was also thinking of Grandma constantly as well.

The face my Mom had when that happened was the same one that I saw all those years ago! The only thing I can figure is that Mom was so locked into finding Wanda and her mind was so focused on that point that she actually sent herself back.

I've always wondered though if she altered history slightly by arriving and me seeing her or if she was always meant to be at that point when I walked by. I've had plenty of weird experiences but that one took the cake.

I don't know if she was just somehow a psychic projection because she didn't make any noise when she walked but she did open and shut the door. What's more it took me a long time to tell anyone about that encounter as it felt like I shouldn't tell. It was like I actually felt that to tell it would be just "wrong".

The feeling went away after Mom suffered her problem and I finally told my sisters and Mom when she got better.
Mom couldn't remember what was going through her mind but my sisters and my Dad before he passed away
knew that she was obsessed with finding the "real" Wanda as she put it.
edit on 7-6-2013 by Darkhiway2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join