It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I will post a few more strange experiences I have had or that have happened to family members...

***My grandfather was a no nonsense man who was very strict, didn't crack jokes, didn't tell tales, was in the army..you know the sort. Was not frightened of anything.

One day he went camping/hunting with a few mates in the woods. He jumped out of the car and while the other people were unpacking he went into the woods to take a pee.

Well about a minute later he comes bolting out of the woods, white as a sheet and starts screaming "GET IN THE CAR, GET IN THE CAR !!". Everyone jumped in the car, him in the drivers seat and he just floored it till he got home.

He never ever told anyone what he saw in the woods, he refused to ever talk about it.

*** A psychic once came up to my cousin in the street and started talking in detail about his dead grandpa (saying his nickname etc) and talking about his impending divorce that he hadn't told anyone about yet.

**Once when I was a kid, my family were driving and I looked up into the sky and saw what I can only describe as a small palace. It was just sitting in the clouds, brightly lit up. I told my family and they couldn't see anything, they told me I was imagining things. I doubt this could of been a reflection of anything on the ground as we were surrounded by fields. I still have no idea what it was.

** My ex boyfriend, who is an atheist and pretty much hates all religions used to speak extensively about reincarnation when he was a kid (4-5 years old). He would tell his mom he was reincarnated and how he died etc. Used to freak her out.

** My aunt (who is not religious) once had a terrible toothache that went on for days. One night she woke up to find an angel standing in front of her bed. The angel beamed a white light into my aunts mouth and the toothache suddenly stopped and never came back.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I was 5 or 6 when it happened. I was at my Dad and uncles softball practice at my elementary school. I was playing with my 2 cousins who were 12 and 13. The older cousin was running up the bleachers and jumping off the top from the back railing. After a few times of him doing this and landing safely on the ground, the next time he did it, now bear with me, I know how it sounds, he jumps off the top of the railing and instead of landing on the ground, he is frozen in mid air, about 8 feet high is where the bottom of his shoes is. Then I heard a loud popping noise and his head disconnects from his body and his neck disconnects from the head. The head was frozen 2 ft above the body and the neck was frozen just beneath the head. I started screaming bloody F'in murder and ran onto the field and told my uncle that Alex's head fell off. The whole team starts shouting his name and they found him unharmed and fine. He was frozen in the air for 20secs before I ran screaming. His brother was within 15 feet of me but saw nothing. I swear to everything I love that this is what I saw. The school is. belle air elementary in san bruno

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Banora_White

My ex boyfriend, who is an atheist and pretty much hates all religions used to speak extensively about reincarnation when he was a kid (4-5 years old). He would tell his mom he was reincarnated and how he died etc. Used to freak her out.

I use to do this when I was little. I remember one time telling my aunt all about something that happened when I was 26.

She told me there was no way I could have done anything when I was 26 because I was only seven. I told her that it was before I was born this time. The weird thing was that I could see every thing like a vivid memory. I could see the clothes and room. I could see the woman in the story, and even smell the cigar smoke.

I told her everything about what happened and even described the fan on the night stand and the color of the comforter on the bed. I told her every detail of the evening from dinner to entering my hotel room alone. I could still see the men that kicked in the door. I described their clothes and told her that they both had guns in their hands. I remembered laying on the bed in black slacks and suspenders with a white shirt on. I was reaching under the pillow for a gun and everything went black.

She told me I was remembering something I saw on tv. She wouldn't let me spend the night for years after that and always treated me different untill I was an adult.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanescence

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
reply to post by Evanescence

My best friend and me used to play a lot with the unknown - and that was very silly.

Playing with the unknown always enthralled me. I figure losing one's mind or life in the pursuit of knowledge and experience is a beautiful thing, if it comes to that extreme.

We all die. So why not exploring the boundaries of consciousness and what is perceived as real?

Sometimes what happens would make death lok pleasant. A life full of nightmares and visions can be far worse than death. I had a friend that suffered from audible and visual hallucinations. No amount of medication or treatment could stop them.

He would see people that weren't there. He told me that sometimes when he looked at people their skin would be melted and hanging off like they had been in a nuclear war. He would see "demons" sitting on people's shoulders and crawling all over mechanical devices. It got to the point that he couldn't even go out in public.

He heard voices that would tell him all kinds of things. Some times they would just converse with him. Some times he couldn't understand them. He said it sounded like an AM frequency with two or three stations broadcasting in the distance.

I still run in to him from time to time. However, he is pretty much a hermit now and refuses any company. He makes a small living painting and doing pottery. He told me the only reason he doesn't commit suicide is his fear of an eternity in hell.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I too have been a lurker till now. I have never seen a ghost, i dont know how i would react,it depends if it was trying to scare me or not.There's something so frightening about some entity having the intelligence to stand near a child's bed or creep along the floor knowing it will look scary to a human. I once went to meet my boyfriend and saw him coming up the country lane near the farm we lived at,suddenly i got the urge to run and hide,after hiding behind a wall for 20 minutes he still had'nt appeared so i walked back down the lane to where i had seen him coming but now he was half a mile or more away instead of nearer. When he got to me i asked him if he had to go back for something as i had seen him before much nearer. he said he had just walked up to my home the once that evening. I often wonder what would have happened if i had waited to meet him the first time.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by transubstantiation
I too have been a lurker till now. I have never seen a ghost, i dont know how i would react,it depends if it was trying to scare me or not.There's something so frightening about some entity having the intelligence to stand near a child's bed or creep along the floor knowing it will look scary to a human. I once went to meet my boyfriend and saw him coming up the country lane near the farm we lived at,suddenly i got the urge to run and hide,after hiding behind a wall for 20 minutes he still had'nt appeared so i walked back down the lane to where i had seen him coming but now he was half a mile or more away instead of nearer. When he got to me i asked him if he had to go back for something as i had seen him before much nearer. he said he had just walked up to my home the once that evening. I often wonder what would have happened if i had waited to meet him the first time.

Doppleganger. That's what you saw and you felt it was not quite "right". A lot of Doppleganger stories are possibly "evil twin" occurrences. Whatever this was it was good you heeded your intuition! I love doppleganger stories. Here is a weird experience somewhat like yours, in that it involves a look alike but a older version:
Random Time Slip Experience
It's towards the bottom of the page.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
In terms of aliens, then yes, they have visited me, held my arms down, tried to tamper with my spiritual body. Also, been on an alien ship and tried to escape, remember running to a console, trying to press the buttons, but they managed to get to me. I have had visions of them tampering with me, ever since I was a child, I remember that I was never really willing. Since I realised I have been spending my time "disconnecting" all the various "implants". Also many dark spirits, also many HUMANS that mess with me in my dreams, very manipulative, most likely some kind of psy-ops as I seem to be highly resistant and resillient to mind-control. They will never understand that I have a SOUL, and no matter what they do to my body or my spirit, they can never get to my soul.
edit on 7-2-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I guess you can explain this away as sleep paralysis, but it freaks me out nonetheless.

Every so often, while I am sleeping, I feel as if I become paralyzed and that something is attacking me. This something is most definitely evil and I would go so far as to say demonic. The strangeness of it is that I consciously think to myself that the only way I can protect myself is if I call out to Jesus to save me. So while this is happening, I keep telling myself to call out quickly and then I do and it immediately stops. I usually wake up/can move again and am in a panic.

This happened again last night although it was slightly different. I felt this paralysis coming on and kept waking myself up. Since I was so tired, I kept closing my eyes and falling back asleep and it kept repeating. It never got to the point that I felt I was being attacked since I woke so quickly after feeling it coming on. Finally, I decided I had to wake and stay up for a bit so kept moving positions and trying not to nod off. After a while, I moved to a new position on the bed and the feeling subsided and I went to sleep. I hate these incidents. They are aboslutely frightening. I think this latest incident happened because I had been thinking about my previous incidents.

I wanted to add that I love this thread!
edit on 2/10/2011 by Faith628 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Absolutely awesome story. What a strange experience.

I have not had a lot of weird things happen to me spread over the course of my life but I have had a lot of weird stuff happen to me at once. I am planning to write up a post soon containing the truly bizarre stuff but I'll add a strange incident from when I was little.

Me and my sister were playing with an Ouija board. She and I both for the most part had a serious attitude when we started to receive messages from a little boy calling himself Eugene. We asked Eugene questions about his life and he described to us that he had died by shooting himself with his father's shotgun during the great depression because he felt like he was a financial burden to his family. He described that he lived near a farm or some sort of rural area. He said he was happy where he was now though, and that he played with a friend of his named Percy.

That is the only remarkable experience I've had with the Ouija board. It convinced me there is real power behind such things as neither me or my sister at such a young age could come up with something so depressing.
edit on 11-2-2011 by starhill because: Adding more content.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pompano

Oh, this is strange. I know this is 3 years late but I too saw a gray alien face in the sky, It was smiling at me. So I went inside grabbed my crappy cellphone camera to try and get a pic but when I went back outside again it started to fade and its eyes were closed and was no longer smiling. The camera didn't catch anything. BTW, it happened July 23, 2008 at about 12:45 pm. Your post is dated 6/23/08 at about the same time.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
the strangest thing ive ever experienced was that all of the sudden i realize im this thing with other things like me and we are inside this thing(earth) and alot of stuff happens so i tell myself what in the world should i do suppose to do, fast forward i realize God is real satan, demons etc r all very real so i jump on the narrow path

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
About 8 yrs ago I had Christmas at my parents house w/ Bro, Sis our kids. I gave my Dad one of those restaurant quality Bunn brand coffee makers, was not cheap. When he got it he said "this will last me a lifetime" everyone there heard him. This past Thanksgiving I went to see him he was on his death bed , got there a couple days before Thanksgiving my sister and I were taking turns being with him thru the night and day, drank a lot of coffee to stay awake. He past away the day after Thanksgiving. We went to make coffee after the coroner left and it wouldn't wouldn't heat the water, it quit. My sis looked at my Mom and I and said do you remember what Dad said when he got this at Christmas, our jaws all hit the floor.
I'm sure it was a coincidence but it was very weird, it was working perfectly just hrs before.
I've had other strange experiences but this one got my attention.
edit on 22-2-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
When i was a little kid, i used to live in this crappy neighborhood(how scary is that), and strange things always happened..... remember i was sitting on the floor and my uncle was laying in bed when suddenly a comb from the dresser hit him.....it wasnt me and no one else was around....we also had problems with Lechucas or w/e(owl that turns in to a witch, if anyone believes that)......the sariest part about that time of my life was when i overdosed on childrens tylenol and i used to run around naked in the hood!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hey guys this is 1 of my first posts so here it is ive had ALOT of wierd stuff happen to me over the years i live in a old miners town in the UK its hard to find a place here thats not haunted or has extremely strange things happen around it anyway heres 1 of my experiences...

When i was around 8 i moved into a new house( not built new i mean new for my family) and at the time i was really scared to go bed with all the things scary that have happend to me as a child so i slept with the light on outside of my room with the door open and at the time my bed was besides the door so if the door opend i could see outside directly...anyway one night i had my head under the sheets as usual asleep and i woke up around 3am id say and my instinct was to look around the room to make sure nothing was there and then i noticed a shadow in the light of the door i first thought it was my mom but then i noticed it wasnt as tall as my mom she is around 6foot 2inches and it was moveing around making little noises and it petrified me so much i couldnt shout for my parents or move but i couldnt stop watching it just incase it came in my room...after maybe 30 seconds of watching it i realised some of the clothes it was wearing it sounds kinda stupid but it looked like a peter pan costume i could see the funny hat and raggy clothes in the shadow and yea i know i have thought it was my imagination or a dream but i know i was awake and nothing this vivid could possibly be my imagination running wild...that night haunted me for years and its safe to say i didnt sleep with the door open anymore lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Great thread. It reminds me of the good old days back in the 80's listening to Art Bell's call in show. I'd been listening from his first day on the air. After a few weeks of poor audience response to his political thoughts, Art finally asked the audience, with no small amount of hesitation in his voice, the following. "Okay, anyone out there ever seen a UFO? Give me a call." Yeah, I was the first to call Coast to Coast with a UFO report. The audience got pretty inflamed I guess, because the phone lines were lit up the rest of the night. Art never looked back. Here's a summary of the call.
While waiting in the car for a friend to return, I noticed a thick column of dark smoke rising from behind an embankment. I decided to investigate so I climbed up to see what was burning. It was a house completely engulfed in flames. There must have been no wind at all, because the smoke was rising straight up into the air in a thick black column. Way up at the top I saw my uncle flying around the column in his little red Citabria airplane. Way above him, I mean it was like you could connect the dots and get a straight line, I saw two silver discs flying from west to east. I would say they were eight to ten thousand feet in the air, moving too slowly to be anything conventional. There were reports later that night on the local news that verified others had seen the discs too. As I went on to explain to Art, sometime later I became a Christian, and as I learned what the Bible teaches about demons, the episode seemed to fit the theory that UFO's may indeed be demonic in nature. You see it teaches that they come to deceive and to destroy. My uncle was a VERY outspoken atheist, the only one in the family. The house was on fire, being completely destroyed. Deception and destruction. You be the judge, God knows his callers were!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Strange and paranormal have been regular occurrences in my life since I was about 14, which was my first experience with a seance, which was unconcluded, therefore, the spirit called stayed afterward... and haunted me. After that, many things have happened in my life that just remove any possibility of doubt. The most recent was the banishing of a shadow person that seems to be 'attached' to my husband. I banished it from our apartment, but it simply went back to his mom's home.
I guess I'm like a phone line between the spirit dimensions and this world, for now the phone line is turned off, because I have no desire to play with the stuff anymore. I'm older and wiser and know when to quit....

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Psilocybin

Don't eat a bit, eat a lot.

If your strong enough in the mind, you will find resonance.

Kind of like elevating to the next level of reality.

Crazy, Maddening and god inspiring at the same time.

Every scientist in the world should be forced to consume it, then maybe we can produce the much needed technologies of the future.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

Great thread!!!

But absolutely nothing strange has happened to me,dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol apart from during chemically enhanced states which i suppose were extremely strange lol.

Strangest was on Salvia Divinorum, after smoking it on probably 50 separate occasions with absolutely no success, one night eventually BAM!!!!! it worked and i left my room for a few minutes and travelled to another dimension all together full of hundreds of pairs of eyes and strange collumns lol.

The others were Bad psilocybin trips,hours and hours of thinking i was going mad,never gonna come down and going to be locked up in a mental home lol!!! truly terrifying

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great thread, I signed up to post my own two stories.

My first one and most significant was about 4 years ago, I was about 14 at the time (now I'm 18). I was sick with the flu or something, because my stomach hurt and I was throwing up a lot. This was probably the sicked I have ever been in my life because each day it seemed to get worse, and wouldn't go away even with meds from the doctor. My mom decided she could cheer me up by going to Blockbusters(remember Blockbuster was alive back then lol) and see if I could find a game or a movie. I think I found a movie(forgot what it's called) and rented it. Anyways, as I'm walking out of the store I look into our car and I see a full aberration of a woman sitting in the back seat of our Red Jeep. I saw her for a full 2 seconds. She had a long, thin nose, long red hair to about past her shoulders, and smiled at me. First off let me say the only person around me at the time was my mom. I looked around the parking lot and there was absolutely no one else there. This wasn't a reflection of someone, and looked it so real too. Unfortunately, my mom didn't see anything. She walked into car and was looking at the car like I was and went in like nothing happened. I didn't say anything because I thought it was my imagination . I asked her about this a couple months later and she said she saw no one. A couple nights later when I was trying to sleep I looked up at my ceiling and saw the same exact face, only for about a second and half, just staring down at me. I was kinda freaked out but eventually got over it. Another couple days later, I'm home alone and still quite sick. As usual I wasn't feeling good. I got up from my computer chair and heard a very calm voice that definitely belonged to a woman saying my name. It was unlike anything I heard, it really sounded magical. I had the TV on but the volume was on low, and it didn't sound like someone on the Spongebob cartoon that was playing would say "Michael" like that. More nights later, I saw the woman again in a dream. Same woman with the red hair was just looking at me. That was the last I ever saw of this woman. I have come to conclude that what I experienced was actually real. I believe it was an angel because she looked like one, sounded like one, and came to me when I was very sick. I believe somehow this angel cured me of my sickness. I know this is hard to believe but this is all 100 percent true.

My next one is a bit more creepy. On my block in my neighborhood I believe there is a haunted house on the very corner of our block. My house is on the other corner, so I don't live next to it. Anyway, I like walking my golden retriever quite a bit and of course we did walk around our block and nothing unusual about this house other then the fact it was very big, about 3 stories high and had the for sale sign on the corner of the grass. One day we walked around here. I was walking on the sidewalk and the house was to my right. I felt like someone was looking at me. I looked up at the 3rd story window and sure enough someone was there. But what I saw was almost unbelievable. This was not a human being looking at me, and I what I saw made the hair on my body stand straight, even in the winter cold. I saw a very, very dark figure with only its face and part of its neck available for seeing. Besides being dark, the most notable, and chilling feature was that this thing had red eyes. I'm not making this up. This thing was a dark being with full, and really big, red eyes looking down at me. It looked at me for a full 3 seconds with a plain face and then simply vanished. I know you guys think I'm probably making this up but I'm not. Like my angel experience, this was 100 percent real. After seeing this dark figure I immediately ran home. They say animals can sense paranormal stuff. Well my dog didn't seem to sense anything, but I bet if he was in that house he would sense something. When I got home I had to think hard about this. Could this be someone pulling a prank on me? But how, the house is for sale and no one lives there. But most importantly it looked really real (like the angel) and when this thing vanished I mean it vanished. I didn't see it walk away or crouch behind the window, it just vanished. I never walked by that house for a very long time. Today, the house is still for sale. I believe that a evil presence haunts it somehow and no one will buy it probably.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I posted these about 2 years ago on a different forum in a thread of a similar topic:

When my younger sister and I were probably around 6 or 7 we were walking around back in the woods which composed much of the 120 acres my family owned at the time. We'd been walking for a while when we're SURE we came across this little single wide trailer house with a white picket fence and flowers around it. I remember stopping and looking at it then deciding with her that we should leave. There wasn't a bad feeling about it, just that it wasn't ours and we shouldn't screw around there. So we left. I don't know how long it took us to walk there and back, but here's the strange thing: there was only a logging road back there! By logging road, I mean it's like a normal road, except there are logs going across, so it's not possible for tractors or cars or what ever to sink down. Also, the plot of land that the house had to have been on, was huge 240 acres (the plot that back up to ours, that is). Why there was a house at the back edge of it I don't know. I guess that's why it's so odd, huh?

We still talk about this occasionally^

When I was 5 or so I was playing on the road (rural country road no one but those who lived on it used) and I looked up towards the creek, and there was this thing that looked like a mutated animal crossing the road. My mom was nearby, and she saw it saying ".. I don't know what that is". Then she walked away. I didn't walk down the road that way ever again by myself. The 'mutated animal' looked very similar to what's known as the Giant Anteater. The only problem with that is, I saw this thing in Minnesota. dontgetit.gif Wikipedia tells me it is found in central and south America.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join