It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I remember one time in college I only slept one hour before going about my day. I saw everyone moving in slow motion. The problem I thought was that I was moving in slow motion too so I felt a bit disoriented that day. Years later every once in a while after drinking some beer, I see things move in slow motion again but I can still move fast. I used it to my advantage and with a single quarter, played some video/arcade games to get mine and everyone else's high score on those machines. I remember on one game, I never got past a certain level when I was completely sober. With a few beers and things moving in slow motion, I went through about 26 levels twice as if it was a piece of cake. I remember on another occasion someone made a comment to me that I was moving incredibly fast.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I was just thinking I would like to find some place to tell this story and this thread popped up. haha Which is especially ironic considering my story.

I had forgotten this happened untl just recently.. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or what.. but pretty odd..

One day when I was about 9-10 years old.. I got this intense urge that I wanted my own horse.. we lived in this house that we rented that was on a small ranch, about 7 acres maybe. I had never had this feeling before. It never occurred to me. I don't know why I got that urge all of a sudden but I was just consumed with it for a short time that day. So after pestering my mom about it for a while she told me to go outside and play/ I go outside and walk to the back of the ranch and lo and behold there is a horse standing right at a fence at the back of the property. It's literally standing right at the fence with it's neck over the fence like it wants in.

I run back and tell my mom about it thinking it's a miracvle. It turned out that the horse had gotten loose from a neghboring ranch and had been wandering around.

Now, this never happened before or after that incident. I have had other incidents I thought of as psychic only one other incident that was that weird tho.

I am an amatuer inventor. I had an idea for the device called the Segway. I envisioned a 4 wheeled segway. One night I wrote down "4 wheeled Segway" and drew a little picture-- doodle of it. That next morning I randomly found a link for an article that said "4 wheeled Segway" and it was exaclty like the design I had drawn.

I do also feel that I see patterns that other people don't or before they do. I do have a condition called Asperger Syndrome as well.. it's a mild form of autism.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
hi,great thread by the way,i'vebeen reading it on and off for a couple of days.now anyway this happened about ten years ago,i was staying at my brothers third floor apartment for a few days,he had left for work and i was just about to turn on the tv,just as i was about to a womans hand and forearm appeared on the screen ..actually in front of it( and remember the tv was off). It was as clear as day and i remember that there was a ring on one of her fingers with a large purple stone,this totally freaked me out ,i was frozen for about ten seconds not knowing what to do or if i should even look behind me,then i thought f*** this and ran,i did'nt come back until about six that evening when my brother was home .needless to say he laughed and said i was completely nuts
but i know what i saw and cant explain it.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I haven't read through everything yet, but seeing how long the thread is, I thought I might as well post the strangest thing I have experienced

This morning, I needed to get up really early because I had a long drive ahead of me to get somewhere for 9:30.
I was having a rather vivid dream. In this dream, I was sat on my chair with my laptop out, reading something on the internet. My parents came in and told me to go to bed, which I did. I lay down, and closed my eyes in the dream. Seemingly in the next instant, I was being told to wake up and was opening my eyes.

Not very odd at all when compared to some of the things in this thread, but for me, that was pretty out of the ordinary, especially because I never normally dream (or it could be that I just don't recall them, I don't know).

As best I can tell, there are three possible explanations.
1) The dream ended when I closed my eyes and I didn't have any others and there was some time between the dream ending and opening my eyes,
2) The two events did happen as I perceived, and it was complete coincidence.
3) I was sub-consciously aware that someone was heading for my room to wake me up, and so ended the dream.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well thanks everyone ! I would like to give extra hey there! to all those who wrote an account that did not get an individual reply. Hey there, I read you story ! Cool stuff !
I study the unexplained. I guess I am sort of a Fortean type.
Can't even write out all the strange things that have happened, but here is one.
I was at the dining table typing at age 16. I lived with my best friend and her family.We were extremely close, born 2 days apart in the same place 100 miles from where we currently lived. Like Sisters.
Ordinary afternoon, nothing going on. My friend came in the front door from a neighbor's house
and passed within 6-8 feet of me as I sat at the table. I looked over and said hi, but she seemed in a hurry and went on, turned left into the hallway and went into our room. The room door was no more than about 12 feet from me, and I had a clear view of the entry and straight down the hall too.
Immediately following her, close enough that I found it odd that her nose was almost touching my friend's back, was a little girl. She stood out because she had unusual white-blond hair, a dainty frame, poised walk,and the most beautiful party dress with a starched skirt that stood out all around in a circle. And she was so close! Right away I jumped up and called, "Hey, who's the little girl?" No answer. I walked into our room, scanning the corners and said again"Where's the little girl?"
Of course, she was not there. My friend had no clue what I was asking about.
My friend moved away before we finished High School, to my heartbreak, and had a baby girl.
Yep, it was her. White-blond hair and a tiny, fairy-like shape ! She was an insightful child, and lonely, I liked sharing with her about whatever she wanted to talk about, it was pretty deep stuff !
I did have a special connection with S, but rarely saw her. I love all children and animals, so they tend to run to me, as she did, so I did not think too much of it. I should have !
I am now 35 years older than when I saw the child in the hallway, but her family never forgot it. They say the girl acts and talks like me so much that they believe I am her spiritual Mother, though I have hardly ever seen them in all these years. I was quite embarrassed when they told me that, since I rarely see them.
Nevertheless, several family members got on the phone last year and said this is what they talk about, regarding me and the little white-haired girl. They even left a frantic message on my phone one day saying she had a dream about me being ill, but I was OK!
Why did I see her before she was born?
How could I see her before she was born?
I don't think I will ever know while I'm here, anyway. lol.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
When I was 10 years old, I lived in Norfolk(UK) on the coast, I once went for a walk along the cliff tops. As I was walking I heard someone calling my name. I was at the top of a grass covered hill, I looked around and of course there was nobody there, I could see for 1/2 mile in all directions. Then my name was called again, not from a distance but close to me. I ran, didnt stop until I got home.

It was incidently, on that hill that my grandmother said she encountered Black Shuck.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A few years ago I experienced a weird dream in which I was sitting in rundown apartment, I had no place to go and an old childhood friend was comforting me. The second I awoke I burst into tears, my childhood friend had been dead for a few years, but it had never bothered me before then as we never spoke in adulthood. It was more the emotions I felt during the dream that I found weird.

I got out of bed and wrote down what had happened so I would not forget. Two days later I got a phone call that my cousin (who was also a good friend) was found dead in his rundown apartment.

I found it strange but some could say it was merely a coincidence, who knows.

My dream the way I wrote it down: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 14-9-2010 by Horus12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I've had so many experiences I can't explain that I barely know where to begin. For the most part I've taught myself to automatically tune out these incidents, mainly because I'm so easily spooked and the memories tend to take hold when I finally crawl into bed and close my eyes. (I have terrible insomnia and my fear of being alone - including being in a room where the other person is asleep - can be overwhelming.) The easiest to ignore are the everyday inconsistencies, and unless I recount them soon afterward they usually slip away into the ether.

Earlier this year I was reading an ATS thread about time/dimension slips and I was sure I'd experienced a few but couldn't put a finger on any specific memory. Around the time I was having what I could only describe after much research as daytime hypnagogia, where I kept slipping into dreams while writing or taking a cigarette break, and it was only when I found myself replying to a conversation I couldn't possibly be having that I'd instantly snap out of it with a kind of "Whoa... what the....???" type feeling. I attribute them to anti-anxiety meds I was taking at the time, largely because I haven't had any 'slips' in recent weeks since I've been medication-free. I always try to find rational explanations for the seemingly inexplicable.

Anyway, one day around the time I had a very minor encounter that was nonetheless difficult to explain. I tend to space out a lot and I'm usually only marginally aware of my more routine actions. I'm guessing I only noticed this because I'd been reading similar stories at the time; I can't remember the exact details as they are trivial. I'd walked from bathroom to bedroom to either deliver or remove some item - basically walking into a room and back out; about two steps out of the room I remembered something else I needed and turned to walk back in, only to find the tall black standing fan blocking my way. "Whaa?" Weird. I remembered I'd pushed it there earlier to make room for my pilates mat, as was the norm. It's a noisy, bulky fan that I need both arms to lift. The built-in closet on the left of the doorway extends about 4 feet beyond the doorway itself, the wall forming forming a half-corridor. On the right, and partially blocking the doorway, was a chair supporting a box of junk my flatmate and I had been sorting through, which made squeezing through the small space between fan and junk a perilous endeavor at best. How in the name of all that is rational did I get through the first time without moving the fan? I was puzzled. I moved the fan, with effort - I had to lift it at least four feet to get it to clear the clutter, but I pretty much dismissed it as me being absentminded the first time. I figured I must've moved it without thinking. It was only later when I recounted it to my flatmate while discussing the same thread that I realized I would've had to move it twice - once to get in, and once to get back out. I'm not saying I couldn't have - it just seems unlikely given the circumstances, and unlikely that I moved it twice without realizing. As I said, it's bulky and requires physical effort and a few feet to clear, and it wasn't like I noticed the discrepancy five minutes later - it was literally seconds: walking out, spinning around, trying to walk back in. We set the fan back in the doorway and tried various methods of getting into the room without moving it, eg leaning it to the side etc. Nothing doing. We eventually shrugged and gave up trying to figure it out.

That was one of the very minor occurrences. One of the most major was what I recognized, in retrospect, as a closing chapter in a mystery that had revisited me for several years until that night. I don't recall when it started, but around my late teens I remember being curious enough to share it with my mom. I'd noticed that no matter where I was - what country, what city - I'd experience a strange vibration at the foot of my bed. I knew it wasn't the bed itself because it happened in Italy, in France, in the US and UK, and in the Caribbean. I figured it was just me. I loved taking long walks, and when it occurred I figured I may have walked too much that day and the muscles in my lower legs were contracting ever so slightly. It usually started as a very minor and barely perceptible vibration that would increase moderately. I don't recall feeling anything more than curiosity, though I always drew my legs up and lay in the fetal position to make it stop.

One evening I asked my mom to come lie in my bed and see if she felt it. She did, but didn't seem too concerned. I was relieved - she'd had her own encounters with the bizarre and inexplicable and was as easily spooked as I am, and if she wasn't worried, I wasn't either. The vibrations continued, and I simply re-positioned myself each time they started. No problem. About a year later my mom died suddenly and inexplicably, after being been hospitalized less than 36 hours before with vague symptoms. I got the call around 7 AM, I think. Earlier that morning, just around 3AM, I'd been awakened by a resounding crash outside my bedroom door. I went out to find Mom's mahogany plant stand lying sideways on the floor, her favorite ceramic rabbit plant pot shattered. I stared at it in awe. There was no way a mahogany stand with a large rounded base just "fell over" on its own. No curtains nearby, no pets, the doors were still locked - and in any event we lived in a security-patrolled condo with a 24-hour receptionist, so the thought of an intruder was fleeting if it came at all. Something made me think of Mom when I saw the scene, but I couldn't make a connection so I returned to bed and quickly fell asleep. It was only later that I wondered if she had been, in some way, reaching out in frustration over what was happening. She'd slipped into a coma a few hours after admission and I'd been too freaked out on my visit to really process it. I wasn't used to Mom being ill, much less hospitalized. I was having trouble dealing with it all. I remained numb through the service and for months afterward. The coroner's report was inconclusive.

The following year, 1995, I was living in a boarding house while I pursued an English degree at the local university. I was the only tenant, and shared the residence with the owner, a 70-something year old widow (who didn't look a day over 50, I might add!). It was at this house that the most insane events of my life occurred. The vibrations had continued unabated throughout this period. If anything, they seemed to increase in frequency, and it had become slightly unnerving with all the other weird stuff that was happening (which I'll try to post later on). One night I was lying in my room, just letting my mind wander, when the vibrations started again. For reasons I still don't understand, this time I decided not to draw my legs up. To my horror, the vibrations increased violently, to the point where the mattress was undulating beneath me. Panicked, I got up and was about to jump to the floor when something inside me warned me not to. I'm aware that I had a clear understanding of what would happen if I did, but I was never able to remember what it was. I knew I had to hold on. I was kneeling on the bed, clutching the sides of the mattress and just knowing innately that its quest was to throw me off; it was like trying to stay on a very soft raft on a very angry ocean. That's the best I can describe it. How long it lasted I have no idea, but it eventually subsided. I lay back in astounded wonder. Was that a hallucination of some kind? Wha...??? I was still in shock when seconds or minutes later the vibrations started again. Part of me wanted to experience it again, to verify that it really had happened, but the more sensible part took over and I drew my legs up instantly. That was the last time I ever felt the vibrations.

Over the years I tried to find an explanation, though I'd pretty much accepted that it was a hallucination. That kind of crazy stuff doesn't happen in real life, right? Nonetheless, in 2005, around the 10th anniversary, I joined a paranormal community on LiveJournal and posted my experience. One commenter suggested I'd been attacked by demons, and another suspected I'd been abducted by aliens. I left the community with my head swimming. I started running random keyword searches and eventually I found a paranormal site with a post from an ex-US Marine who'd had an almost identical experience in the '60s, right down to the description of the bulging in the center of the mattress and his innate understanding that something terrible would happen if he tried to jump down to the floor. After reading his account I found it harder to believe I'd hallucinated. He had witnesses and I didn't, but the descriptions were too similar to ignore, right down to the mattress bulging in the center, which I'd never mentioned in my own accounts. Unfortunately this meant I had to accept that something really did happen that night, and in the years since I've had the recurring fear of it happening again. (Re-reading the above I thought I should add that I tried to contact the ex-Marine to discuss this since he's the first and so far only person I've found who had this experience, but the post was old and the email bounced back.)

More to come later on. I'm spooking myself out...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
First post, so I apologise - I've been a bit of a technophobe and am not 100% sure I'm doing all this right.

My first experience was possibly a brief timeslip which occurred in the February of this year. I was travelling down the Australian east coast by bus after seeing a musical in Sydney. We were on a winding 'mountain' road, so the vision of the road ahead was often obscured. I saw another bus up ahead, travelling in the opposite direction to us. A curve ahead blocked my view for about 10 seconds, and when we rounded the bend, the other bus was travelling the same direction as us. It was travelling fast enough the first time to eliminate the possibility that it was reversing for some reason.

My second experience happened when I was about 4, but has only come to light recently. My nan, who I must say has very little tolerance for paranormal experiences, told me about a month ago now and is the reason that I created this account. Where I live, there is a township, but about 15 and even as recent as 10 years ago, many people travelled a half hour north to the larger town for shopping etc. Now, there was a particular road, that whenever we turned onto it, I would begin crying for no apparently reason. One time, my nan asked me why I was crying, and my response was "I don't want to die". There were no graveyards or anything nearby which could have triggered this reaction, and being 4, i should have only had a very vague understanding of death. Anyway, 8 or so years later, my mother was killed in a car crash on that road. I didn't remember the events of when I was 4, and I highly doubt my grandmother would perpetuate any of that paranormal 'hogwash'.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The strangest thing I ever experienced? Well,......It makes a good avatar don't it?

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

No, not really.

Why don't you explain a bit more about your experience?

Thank you,

Victoria

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I just wonder how many hollywood writers you people are feeding with this thread.

Ats must be important for them, lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was asleep and my girlfriend woke me up shouting and shaking me saying, "what is that", over and over again. I looked to where she was pointing and it caught me by surprise. It was a ball of light the size of a golf ball in front of the t.v. set. I said outloud, WTF is that.
(It is hard to exsplain, so ill exsplain it like this). If you take a laser light and shine it on a piece of paper and look at it very closely in a magnifying glass, you will notice that inside the laser light small lights dance around. This is the only way i can describe it. So bare with me.
I stared at it for about 4 or 5 minutes and sometimes i looked around the room for an openning of light getting in the room. All the windows blinds, two kinds of blinds on the window were pulled down and curtains closed. The door to the closet was open and the door to the room was closed. No other light in the room except for the ball of light in front of the t.v set. After i stared at it, i decided to get up and i said to lisa," i'm going to touch it". I got off the bed and started towards it and it moved away from the t.v and then moved thru the wall. The time it moved thru the wall i could see outside for a brief second and then it was gone. To this day i have no idea what it was. This happened around july in 2007 at about 2 a.m.
Another crazy thing that happened to me as i was biking on the road when i was about 8 or 9 years old. A ball of florecent green light, the size of a soccer ball, came rolling across the road. The ball went around a house and i decided to chase it, but when i rounded the house, it was gone.
Another crazy thing happened to me. This time i was fishing. I had put on 100 lb tess line, so no fish could get away. I had a can of nightcrawlers for bait and thru my line out to catch the big carp fish. About 15 minutes later i got a bite and i tugged on the line. I said,"crap, im stuck". I then started pulling on the line and to my amazement it pulled back, really hard. I then put the tip of my pole facing down at the water so my pole would not get broke and i pulled and pulled. By this time the thing was slowly going upriver and pulling me in with it. I stood my ground in the water, because i did not want to go in any further. My line snapped and the sinker came out of the water like a bullet and hit me in the hand. I got up and looked at my sore hand and it was bleeding. I looked out at the river and saw what i thought looked like a large log with bark on it, but it was no log. I could only see part of the log thing and It was about 7 feet. The log swirled in the water a bit and then it was gone. Crazy.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've had alot of weird things happen to me in life but the most recent thing was yesterday, I was sitting at home then went to the washroom and when i walked out of the washroom the phone rang once, we have 2 cordless phones, I picked up the one sitting on the table and it didnt ring anymore I looked to see if the number showed up but it said "other line in use" as in someone answered it on the other phone, I pressed talk and said hello, It was buddy asking me I wanted a black wolf he just finished shooting since he wouldnt have time to clean and fix the pelt since he was leaving to work early the next morning, he said someone answered the phone just before me and was breathing heavily, after the conversation I went to look for the other phone and found it sitting on the charger in the bedroom, No one was home except for me for at least a couple of hours

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Late October 2009 while at work a group of us went outside to do a task. To the West was a sunrise that looked like a biblical cartoonish sunrise. It was like a painting of a sunrise with bright lines shooting out. We all stared at it in silence trying to figure out what we were looking at.

The sun eventually rose in the East as normal...and the sunrise in the West slowly dimmed...but you could still see the lines like a cartoonish drawing from a sunrise....for quite awhile until they faded out.

I googled "sunrise in the west" and to islam that means Judgement Day. Lucky for me I'm not islamic.

We still don't know what the heck caused that. It's the only "miracle" I've witnessed...and definitely the strangest.
If there is a God I guess that means the muslims are going to die.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Pervius because: location=waaaay out in the Pacific Ocean

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Thankyou very much for sharing that.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is what happened to my niece. She was about 7 or 8 at the time. She came home from school which was just across the street and as usual, called out for her mom. Eventually she went down to the basement to look for her.

The entry way led straight downstairs and there were a few steps up the right hand side to the kitchen. She stood at the bottom of the stairs and saw her mother standing in the middle of what was the laundry room with her back turned towards her. She called her again and her 'mom' turned around and slowly made her way towards her while making faces at her. She also had her arms bent and her hands outward, imagine like when you purposely try to scare someone. Her face was twisted, and she was sticking out her tongue and my niece couldn't understand it. My niece asked her, 'why are doing that?' as she was getting scared of her own mother.

Just then, someone called her name from the top of the stairs. It was her mother standing at the top of the steps! She looked back in the laundry room and her 'other mother' was gone.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

S & F! This is cool!

I have had a few strange experiences in my life. This ones kind of cool plus it doesn't take too long to explain...

Anyways, about a year ago I used to work in this nursing home. There were always stories going around about ghosts and what not. But I figured these were just rumors with no truth. Since we worked with the dying on a daily basis I assumed it was just people letting their imagination get the best of them. I haven't been a CNA very long so this was my first job. So the first 2 weeks on the job, right after getting trained I was assigned to work on a hall that had a resident that was actively dying. She was still conscious and able to talk and communicate but she was bed bound and was a few weeks from death. Well one of the interesting things I learned when getting certified is that people who are dying tend to see children up till their death. It's not sure why children are the common "hallucination" but thats what it is. Anyways, So I'm taking care of my first actively dying resident and I walk into the room to check on her and see how she is doing. She is very pleasant... she had her mood swings I learned quickly, but mostly she was pleasant. (I really didn't blame her for the mood swings) I walked in and introduced myself and told her I will be her CNA that week. She smiled at me looked to both of my sides and asks "Well who are these young ladies? Are they your daughter's? Whats your names?" I was confused at first but I realized that she was probably just seeing things. So, I just laughed and told her that if she needs me then she can push the call light. Well the rest of the week she kept asking me who these little girls are that are following me. I didn't know what to say, and I knew there was really no point in saying that there wasn't anybody there so I just told her they are my friends who are observing me. A few months later after that experience it kind of slipped my mind until I was assigned a hallway with another dying resident. I walk in and they also acknowledged two little girls who seem to be following me. This freaked me out because the lady before this resident mentioned two little girls as well, and since then every day when I was working I always felt like I was being followed and being watched. I always seemed to be looking over my shoulder. Fast forward a couple days later and I was taking care of a resident with Alzheimers disease... She wasn't too far gone, but she was far a long that she was seeing things and would sometimes be confused about where she was at. But she snapped out of it every once in a while though. I was putting her to bed and we were talking...She told me that she watches me sometimes and she enjoys my personality. I said thank you. She then replies you're welcome The two girls that follow you also help make you enjoyable to be around, are those your little sisters? At this point, I knew that I either had 2 little girls following me around where I worked or the residents were all in on a joke.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I honestly don't feel anyone here will really think my experience is all that creepy. It has a possible scientific explanation; sleep paralysis. However, this is as creepy as it gets for me so hopefully someone will at least find it interesting.

I was asleep, on my side, in bed. I remember my dream suddenly came to an abrupt end and my eyes simply opened. For whatever reason, I was suddenly wide awake and there were just a few seconds where I got to think about how weird that was for me, since I'm usually a pretty sound sleeper. Those thoughts were quickly interrupted by fear as the feeling of some small animal climbing onto the bed and on top of me happened. My initial reaction was to sit up and see what had wandered into my home (I have no pets), my bedroom, and finally my bed! Unfortunately I could not move a muscle. My eyes could look around, but my limbs wouldn't budge. I then thought if I made a noise I could scare off this animal, but my lips failed me as well.

This... animal... or figment of my imagination... or whatever it was... didn't do anything threatening to me. It simply sat on me for a few minutes, deadly still, and then vanished. I'd like to say that it jumped off the bed and scurried away, but when I felt it lift off of me I didn't hear it's feet hit the floor. It simply lifted away and within a few moments I was able to move again. I tried to look around my room and see what it was, but after searching the entire house I found nothing. No animal, no animal tracks, nothing in my home was disturbed, all the doors were still shut and locked. There was no evidence anything had wondered into my home.

I eventually shrugged it off as sleep paralysis and went back to bed. I haven't really thought much about it since. Occasionally I'll wonder if maybe sleep paralysis is a condition I should see the doctor about, but it's only ever happened to me the one time. I would think that if it's something a doctor should be involved in that it would me more frequent... and serious.

So that's it. Nothing too fantastic. Actually a little boring even... I guess I'm a pretty boring guy when it comes to paranormal activity.
edit on 27-10-2010 by aletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Alright. A lot has changed for me in the last year. We've moved provinces and obviously thereby shifted careers....we've had a second son....made new friends while keeping contact with the old ones....it's been a great year for us. The downside is that I don't have as much time to get on here as I used to. But I do check in regularly, more or less, just to read. And often, just this thread. Thanks to all who continue to contribute to it.

It seems that every time I check in, this thread has grown richer. And the best thing is, the trolls seem to leave it alone. I like to think this is a safe place for friends to share strange experiences with other friends, with little or no fear of ridicule. Now for a strange coincidental update which I want to post....

So the place we bought out here in Weyburn was built in 1918 and origionally was nurses quarters. It's a 2 story plus attic red brick, three unit townhouse. It creeks and has many unique qualities, none of which we find particularly strange. On the back of our unit, which is in the middle, is a small room that was built as an afterthought, and is propped up against the origional brick backing, on cinderblocks. We call it our "cold room" since it has no heat or power.

Anyways, last year shortly after we move in, we heard a mouse in our cold room. I went to see if I could find it, or at least what it was getting into. Due to dirt on the floor, I quickly figured out that the mouse was coming down from the roof where there is a single origional brick missing. But the strange thing is, he'd also dropped down, and partially eaten, an old issue Canadian $20 bill. We chuckled and gave it to my brother, as we happened to owe him $20 at the time.

Today I was at work. My wife called for the first time ever at this job and was laughing. She explained that we had a squirrel break into our cold room and it was freaking out, trying to get out again. I told her to keep the door to the house closed to keep it out, and that I likely couldn't come home at lunch today to deal with it but would check it out as soon as I got home.

When I got home, shortly after 5:00, she said the squirrel had finally found his way out, but left us a little gift. Atop the fridge I noticed, was an old issue Canadian $20 bill. We both checked with a small mirror and flashlight, through the hole left by the missing brick, but saw nothing but a small space. 2 years in a row. Different critter. Same result. Kind of an odd (and strangely welcomed) occurance. (All critters welcome. $20 cover).

Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread interesting and on-topic. I absolutely adore reading these accounts and can't wait to see what's next.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join