It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Once in high school, I was walking to the bathroom (the halls were pretty much vacant at the time) and a janitor was walking a few feet behind me whistling a tune. We both enter the bathroom. I go to a urinal, he a stall. I do my business as quickly as possible and walk out. Just as I am walking out the exact same janitor walked in whistling the exact same tune. Time repeat?

A few years ago when on a bus I saw an egg-shaped UFO. No one else on the bus seemed to notice and I was in too much shock to say anything. A few years later I saw a disc-shaped UFO hovering near my house on one of my walks.

In meditation and other states of higher consciousness I have had visions of past lives and my own possible future. I have had multiple visions and dreams of being a biker whose life ends by crashing into the front of an eighteen-wheeler truck when quickly coming around a turn.

I recently experienced excessive amounts of synchronicity and foreshadowing involving my grandfather's unexpected death.

There are some more which are escaping me at the moment.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
id jog at the forest and this guy kind of seems like he comes out of nowhere jogging too and disapears in front of me.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I read the whole thread. The sad ones were sad, the scary ones were read again and again, and the others (and a few scary ones) I laughed so happily with!

I laughed so much. So, aside from being a learning experience, in the couple of days I've been reading these when I could I've managed to get so very, very happy.

Between reading these and posts from a NDEs thread I felt addicted to information. My belief in next lives was also confirmed over and over (I already had experienced what I believe are 1-2 other dimension we always exist in through dreaming and meditation so...).

-

The strangest paranormal thing I've experienced...

I feel as though I've had so many... The strangest though I... I read earlier in this thread about some things being so strange and precious they decide it should be kept only in their mind. I've had a few of these (either before or as it was happening I silently vowed I would never say anything), but I consciously can't remember them now. I believe I could recall some if I thought about it for a while, but maybe I can't.

-

I guess it's worth mentioning this, though. I was in my bed in my room with the light on, and on the window beside my bed I had a very large picture that covered most of the window.

I have found that if I look at certain patterns and don't blink or move my eyes I can cause hallucinations in the patterns or cause the color to lighten or darken. But anyway...

I noticed glitter in the paint on my walls and began to try this hallucination method out of boredom. I was laying on my back, and the picture over the window was also in my view.

Slowly an ethereal (mostly see-through) being floated through the window and basically in front and above me. I see this mainly through my peripherals so I turn my head very slowly so that I can see clearer.

It looked like a clear outline of an alien with the face having a few darkening shades for the eyes and mouth and with the rest of it's ethereal body heavily distorting the areas behind it. I tried having no fear, but my heart quickened drastically.

After around a minute of this happening and it slowly floating closer, I accidentally move my eye because of my blinking reflex, and then it vanished. I didn't blink/move them again and it came back in my view as it was nearly done fading slowly through the picture out the window. When most of it was out of the room I blinked and it disappeared and was gone.

I don't believe this was a hallucination (they are random and inconsistent with each other); I now believe it was clearly a ghost, but I don't understand what blinking has to do with it.

I share that one because if it was a ghost I figured someone may wanna know about moving your head without moving your eyes or blinking, but be careful because it could damange your eyes.

-

(I also felt a lot of electrical energy vibrations in my body, a very high pitched sound for about 30 seconds, a few short moments of very slight pain shoot through me, and managed to spill two drinks on myself while reading this thread off and on. I think it has to do with the subconscious.)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
You're all going to kill me for this, but what's the strangest thing I have experienced???

LIFE

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
My weirdest experience....

Me and a few friends saw a owl fly over head and hoo.

While staring at the owl fly away it disappeared, reappeared exactly where it was and repeated the hoo.

Me and all my friends witnessed this. It was absolutely ridiculous and there is no viable explanation for this, there was no other owls out and it was a full moon we could see anything in the sky at that altitude.

I saw a UFO when I was eleven, with my mother and grandfather, but I don't consider that weird, I think it was awesome and I was fortunate to experience such an event.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Strangest experience....Well ive had a few and most of them are already posted here on ATS. However i will describe a very surreal experience. I was tired one night watching the TV. Had a beer or two read a little and decided it was time to hit the bed. I did all the normal stuff brush teeth, lock up the house etc. I remember lying in bed thinking "man, i cannot sleep" and feeling very tired but restless. The house i was in was my parents house and i was 19 years of age.

I fell asleep but was then woken to a serious "BANG". I awoke finding myself with my face up against a damp and cold green material and a cold feeling all over my body. Lots of shouting all around me and bangs, flashes, machine guns everything it was mayhem. I rolled over to my side and realised i was in a sleeping bag on the forest floor and there was a battle going on around me. I could see guys diving out of their bags, diving into a shell scrape and laying down some fire in the direction of the enemy.

It was then that i realised i was a soldier. When i say i "Realised" i mean i knew this surrounding was the real me, my life etc. I was a young soldier on training excercise out in the south of England. It was then i realised that the few beers, locking the house, going to bed at my parents was in fact the dream or so it felt.

Anyway i shot out of my bag and into a shell scrape and began firing next to my comrades. All the time my mind was somewhere else. I recognised my comrades but felt like they were a new addition to "MY" world if that makes sense even though i knew and had memories of them.

After our little battle and after we bugged out to a safer place we were given the chance to relax a little and make a hot meal. I remember sitting there looking around at everybody thinking "So this is my new existence eh"

I honestly felt like i was living multiple lives in various dimensions yet i had just been ripped out of one and forced to live in this one. Such a surreal feeling even though i had all the memory from this life i felt like i had just left another behind. Vivid dreams or whatever call it what you will but to this day i always question it and it has led me to believe we lead different versions of our life in different dimensions

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Great stories, very thrilling and exciting!

Well here goes mine

I was about 10 years old, living in a small village in Austria in the middle of nowhere. I've experienced a lot of strange things there, most of the time due to my active and rich imagination but some events are still unexplainable to this day, like the following that happened around early may. We had family members visiting us including my cousin, we two wanted to camp outside for the night, clear night sky, warm temperature, just perfect for such an occasion, so my parents prepared the tent for us about 200 m away from the house next to a football- and wheat-field, truly a pitch-dark place since there were no streetlamps or houses around.

We were very excited, we used to camp a lot together and it was always quite an experience, but what happened that night scared me for life.
After having dinner with my family, my cousin and I decided to get going to the tent, it was late already for our means, about 11pm, so we hit the sleeping bags. After awhile of talking and joking around we closed our eyes and slowly drifted to sleep.
About two hours later I woke up due to a strong wind blowing against the tent, making hissing/ghostly noises and there also seemed to be flashes of light, a lighting it seemed at first, just without any rain. Shortly after my cousin also awoke due to the wind, and the flashes of light became more regular, we slowly noticed that this "light" was no lightning at all, it suddenly seemed as if it was pulsating, always coming from the same direction above our tent. Now at this point, looking outside was no possibility, we were scared to hell. It pulsated faster and faster till the whole tent just lit up in complete brightness, it almost seemed as if the light was inside the tent, it became stronger and stronger by each second, accompanied by a deep humming noise that could be felt throughout the whole body and the floor. Now this lasted for about 10 minutes becoming more extreme to the end till everything just vanished, the light, the sound, even the wind was gone from one moment to the other.
We had no clue what just happened, so we dared to leave the tent and ran with all power back home, collapsing in front of my parents and crying. We told them what happened but they didn't seem to have noticed anything at all.

No idea what it was, could have been an UFO, could have been something completely different (a failure in the matrix hehe), I just don't know and thinking about it gives me the creeps.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have another one that I can’t believe I forgot about until just now! Crazy the things you forget over time. (EDIT - I just read the post above mine about a similar experience, didnt mean to go back to back with the same story)

In high school my friends and I had a camping spot where we used to go party. The spot was in a small town about 30 minutes from where we lived.

I need to explain the layout so you can better understand what happened. There is about a mile long road that’s all farmland and the road is straight. About halfway down the road is a creek with a bridge. You could park near the bridge, walk down to the creek and go around a corner to camp. It was such a great spot because we could build a small fire that you couldn’t really see from the road. Yet we would know if there were any cars coming because a) it was so quiet out there you would hear them coming b) we would see the headlights way before they noticed our fire or cars.

This was important because it would give us time to ditch the weed and beer if one of the cops showed up (lol). There were only two cops that worked the town one during the day and one at night. My buddy’s uncle lived in the town so we knew this.

So we are out there, five of us just relaxing enjoying the evening. Not being loud or anything just chilling. After a few hours I got the weird feeling we were being watched (I notice odd things quicker than most people) and I kept thinking I was hearing sneaky movement in the woods to our back. We were laughing and talking but at a low level. I didn’t say anything at first because I didn’t want to sound like a baby. But after awhile the rest of the group started to notice it to. So we took our flashlights and investigated…nothing. We then walked up to the road to check our cars and make sure they hadn’t been messed with , stood there for a few minutes looking down the road… nothing.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Dark Passenger]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
So we gave it up to being high and paranoid and laughed it off. Go back down to our spot and sit down… after a few moments we hear a police siren and see the red and blue lights bouncing off the trees. (edit: I should add that this was odd because we were just up there and no way could a car have snuck up like that, literaly impossible)

At this point we were all like “were screwed”, they have been watching us for awhile and the gig is up. So we ditched the weed in the creek threw the beer in the trees and decided to walk up to the road and meet our fate/arrest. We start to round the corner…. Silence/lights gone…. Ok the cop is having a good time with this… so we walk up to the road… nothing. Look up and down the road… nothing no sign of life.

Now we are freaked out, really freaked out! We just stood there for a few minutes not talking pondering wtf was going on. We had been out there three or four times before and nothing had ever happened. After a few minutes my buddy says lets get hell out of here. We are all drunk and high with a long trip ahead of us back home at about three in the mourning… Jail bait. But I was scared enough that I agreed (2 cars one was mine), no way was I going to sleep there. In fact we left the tent, cooler and the fire burning. Luckly we all made it to a friends house safely.

A few weeks later my buddy tells me he talked to his uncle and he told him of a similar experience. He and his girlfriend we camping there and awoke to odd lights flashing outside of the tent but upon investigation they disappeared. And that they saw from a distance the interior light in the car come on even though it was broke with no bulb. I couldn’t understand why he had failed to mention that in the first place when he told my friend about the spot, I guess it was to see if we would experience anything. Obviously we never went back there.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I dont mean to spam the thread, but its making me remember odd events that I think are worth telling. And now thinking about it i guess i have experienced allot of weird stuff.

The Dead Girl

Another highschool story. I used to live at an apartment complex and there was an ameristop at the bottom of the road. The dumpsters were at the end of the complex on the way to the store. It was 12:30 at night and i was hungry so i decided to walk to the store before they closed and get a snack. As i pass the dumpsters i see what looks like a body of a very young girl laying on the ground face down (around 9 I would guess). She seemed... dead. I was frightened, to scared to walk up to her and check or yell. There was somthing amiss with the situation like an evil vibe in the air.

I ran up to my buddies apartment and woke him and made him come with me. She was still there, and we yelled at her to get a response and didnt get one. But he wouldnt walk up to her either, somthing just didnt seem right...we were both scared like somthing bad would happen if we walked up to her.

So we walked (not far 100 yards or so and he was a very large guy so no running) down to the store to call the police. But we stopped and decided to go back and make sure this was really happening. When we returned she was gone.

Talked about how weird the experience was for a few days and forgot about it. This has been the first time its popped into my head for many years.

I do want to add that If i ever saw a little kid hurt I would respond immediately and have. But when that happened there was somthing not right about it. Looking back I belive it was an evil entitiy trying to lure us into somthing.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
'___' - Hands down and no question!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i have another one that just happened to me yesterday. i was at a volleyball game watching the varsity team play. one of the girls started to spike it over the net, and only for a fraction of a second i could swear everything freezed. like, time froze for a fraction of a second. it was a total blink and you miss it thing. i dont know whether i was just imagining it, but i thought it was pretty freaky.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Me and my friend were outside, when I was younger, and all of a sudden for a split second everything went black. I was like wtf? and I asked him what happened, and he was like "you mean the black thing?" Really weird.

I was driving down the highway on the passenger side looking out and I saw a deer with antlers standing on the side of the road, I was about to warn the driver when I realized that the deer was translucent and the it was "standing" on a roadkill deer.

I was climbing a stone cliff with my friends when I slipped and fell 20ft and landed on my back, everyone was freaking out but I was completely unharmed.

I found a dead mouse in my yard and decided I would have a funeral for the mouse, but burning it instead. I went out to the back and added some gasoline to a coffee can and lit a match, as soon as the flame went up a huge gust of cold wind started up and the temperature dropped 20º. I asked around and the whole town was affected. We call this the Jesus Mouse Story

A friend from school who lives hundreds of miles away, AIM'ed me over summer break and told me I should "keep the pizza hat look." I was working at a pizza place this summer and had just recently had to wear a hat.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
One night in the summer of 1995 (I was 10) I was sleeping when in the middle of the night I woke up to see a whitish figure of a female kneeling at my door. She had no feet(so ghost like?) I then yelled MOommmmm..? "Go back to bed honey" she replied from her bedroom!!! I imediatly ducked under the #ing covers then somehow maganed to fall asleep while hyper vantalting.

-That year my mom got cancer
-A friend told me that a neighbor across the street saw something freaky in her mirror.
-The land belonged to some irish farmers years before.
-In 2000 a girl from my new highschool told me she was now living in my old house and her mother thought it was haunted.
22 plunkett court Ottawa Ontario
-I have a very strong intuition.
-Two years ago I had a dream of my ex cheating on me which caused me to wake up in the middle of the night. I never had that happened to me. You could say that he wasn't the most honest person.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Never had any paranormal experiences before. I did once have a weird dream where i could think instead of simply acting though. If you understand what i mean. In any case i could not see any shadows in this dream which made me realize(in my dream) that it could not be real. I have never had a dream where i realized inside my own dream that i was dreaming,or atleast what i was experiencing was not real....strange,but the mind is a powerful conduit and that is probably the strangest thing i have experienced in my short time.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is a very recent event.
My GF felt something poking her leg in bed from underneath and thru the mattress.
She freaked and got a flashlight and shined it under the bed. Nothing.
She went back to bed with no further incidence except that she had a 4 in. bruise on her leg where she felt the poking, in the morning.

At the time of the event I was in the study on ATS and she told me nothing until the next morning. odd....

[edit on 18-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Have you - or she - researched it further?
Do you plan to do so?

I'd really like to know what it was, if you ever find out.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I already posted this on another thread but thought id post it here too:
Once i was upstairs and heard a knocking sound on the glass door downstairs. no one was there when i came down. i was really spooked out. i heard it another time, someone knocking three times on the door, with no one at the door.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Have had many strange experiences throughout my life, this one is one of my earliest memories, believe that I was four or five at the time, I remember playing with a man and woman, somewhat akin to imaginary playmates, but do not think that is what is was. This man and woman were miniature and would stand on the palm of my hand and talk to me, this happened over a period of time, again do not remember how long, was not happening while I was sleeping or in bed, always daytime when I was up and about. In the years since I have been following strange things I have never come across anything like it. If anyone here has I would love to hear about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join