It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I know I just posted something, but I did say that I've had a few/ Here is something else that happened to me. I was in highschool...maybe a sophomore. anyway, it was late at night, and for some reason I woke up. I felt something over me. It was dark and black, but the weird thing was that I also HEARD energy in it. Then I felt it in my body. Next thing, I couldn't move. My body was stuck as I felt this electricity surgin through me. I wanted to run and tell my mom and dad that something freaky was going on, but I couldn't move. Then I thought, " Fine. If I cna't move, and then I'll yell for them..." I couldn't even speak. I don't if it was out of fear or this black thing made me unable to. I fought for waht felt like hours, but I'm sure it was seconds. I finally managed to moved an arm, then my legs, then I ran to my parents' room. I still felt the electricity running through me. My mom said I was imagining it, and it was because I didn't have enough to eat that day....I don't believe that. IT's happened a few more times to me since I've been married. I'm not so afraid of it anymore...just curious as to waht the heck this is all about. Any answers?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
fisrt let me give you some background to my slowing down on my motorbike when i seen an old man waiting to cross the road early one winter morning ...

when i was 17 yrs of age my friend and i had just left our local pub the tavern( i know i was supposed to be 18 to get served:lol
the tavern pub is in the middle of a road junction and you have to cross the road to get to and from it...
as we went to the side of the road to cross it we noticed an old man standing opposite us waiting to cross the road, to my right a motorcycle with pillion passenger was approaching with its lights on( 10pm or later at night).. as the bike drew level with me and the old man opposite doing about 30mph the old man stepped in front of the motorcycle and was knocked flying about 20 meters along the road..
i told my friend trevour to go back into the pub to get my father ( he was a qualified first aider) and anyone to call an ambulance..
i ran across the road to the people who where riding the bike but where now trapped by the bike which was revving wildly and turned the bike off and pulled it from ontop of them..
meanwhile my father was giving first aid to a dying old man whos head had a massive hole where it had hit the ground and there was jelly like blood pouring from the wound, he died on the way to hospital..
the biker broke a leg and other small injury's etc..
so onto my story..about 8 yrs after this accident i was riding to work on my superdream motorcycle and as i worked an early start shift i was traveling a deserted road at 5.35 am in the morning.. as i slowed down coming to the junction of the tavern pub and the sight of the first accident 8 yrs before i began to notice a man standing in the same spot as the old man from yrs before waiting to cross the road...
the hairs on the back of my head began to prickle the more i got closer ,the more i began to recognize the man as looking like the old man from the accident..
i stopped the bike about 20 meters from the man and waited for him to cross the road as i didnt want to pass him...
as i sat there the man stepped into the road and disappeared... i could not believe my eyes - i looked every where along both sides of the street and he was gone.. i turned the bike and headed for my parents house and blew the engine on the way there.. my parents said i looked like i had seen a ghost......

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

i saw psychics, and met many people that say they see it with me....like a guardian angel in a way...and it smiles with this evil grin showing rows of teeth....at least for what im told....and im told im too dark to be read....

pyreal

I was going to write about something similar.

I was at the bar with a friend a couple of years ago. (No one had placed a drink order yet.) When we got there he introduced me to a female friend of his. She looked at me and said, "did (name withheld) tell you I was a little psychic." I wanted to laugh but I decided to be polite.

She then told me "you're very dark, death surrounds you." She placed her hand on my shoulder and then she jumped back. She told me that trying to read me was scaring her. I never really took her serious.

Then today I was at the service station getting a tire fixed. This lady at the gas pumps kept looking over her shoulder at me. She started to pull out of the parking lot and doubled back. She got out of her car and came up to me. She said, "I got something to tell you and you're going to think I'm crazy. Death is following you. It ain't looking to hurt you, it is watching over you. I don't know the why or what for, I just had to tell you." She got in her car and drove away.

I've been looking to find some info on how "death" can be a protector. It isn't something I asked for, so why is it atracted to me? It raises a lot of questions for me.

The weirdest thing to happen recently. Not the weirdest ever. Maybe I will post more later.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Cool stories, I really love this thread and reading everyone's experiences. Just hoping someone has more to add soon...I am bored...lol.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When younger I experienced a full blown shadow person standing by my bedside, before he appeared my hangers in my closet were rattling and an object had fallen on the floor.

Same room, sitting in the middle of my bed when something underneath me kept banging upwards, literally pushing me up, thump-thump-thump. My cat was in the other corner of the room and had all his hair puffed up and looked very confused as he tried to see what it was.

Door handles moving backing and forth with hand on it still....always someone typing on the computer with no one in the room...electronics turning on (and off) late at night.

T.V became possessed once, this was back in the day with pay-per-view blue screens that had no advertising. Closed captions appeared on the bottom saying "Who dares disturb my sleep?", coincidentally my older sister had just woken up angrily on the couch, maybe a median to it, who knows.

Personally was possessed I think for 5-6 seconds, brain went dead and kept sluring strange words, this was in the "most-haunted" room of the house.

T.V antennae once began banging back and forth by it's self against the near by wall in my room.

I believe I saw my passed away dog
My skeptical father "saw and hugged" his deceased father one night
My passed away grandfathers watch with no batteries began working for my mother and her sister for a minute.

I think my house was some type of portal or had a deceiving entity in the area.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sik Mike

That certainly is creepy as heck.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Great thread! Got a couple.

1. This happened with an old girlfriend that I dated for about three years. One night I had a dream that I met up with this beautiful red head at a hotel and took her up to my room at which point we slept together. The next morning I remembered it vividly. Later that day my girlfriend came over and was acting strangely. After some coaxing I got her to tell me what was bothering her. She said "last night I had a dream that you cheated on me with a red head at a hotel". Amazed and without thinking first I told her that I had the exact same dream! Long story short: all hell broke loose and a few weeks later we broke up. Still waiting on that beautiful red head lol.

2. I play allot of golf, I frequent a course thats about 45 minutes from where I live because it’s cheap, dead on the weekdays, and a beautiful course in the middle of the woods. When you get to the back nine holes 10, 11 and 12 are very isolated. When I used to get high I would go to the back of the tee box on 11 and smoke.

So I get in position and have a good look around to make sure there weren’t any staff nearby and smoke. Chilled there for about ten minutes in my golf cart, finished and drained the snake as there are no bathrooms on the course. At this point I reposition the cart next to the tee box, grab my club and get ready to hit the shot. I’m about to swing when all of the sudden I feel a wave of fear surge through my body. I turn around and at the edge of the woods about five feet from where I was no more than 30 seconds ago is a human shaped figure! Just at the edge of the tree line. I was frozen with fear and incomprehension. He/it was camouflaged blending in perfectly with the woods and had no face. The face resembled the "no face" character in the Dick Tracy movie. There was no outfit just the camouflage which ended at the neckline and began again near the forehead. And he seemed slightly transparent not predator transparent... just slightly.

It’s really hard to explain and comprehend just what I was looking at even as it was happening.

He/it just stood there like a statue not moving in the slightest.

You guys are going to think this is crazy but... I was arguing with myself in my mind as to what I should do? Run to the cart? Leave my belongings and just run? Well I decided in those few seconds not to do anything crazy. It could have attacked me unaware at anytime if it had wanted to. I would have never known he was there if it wasn’t for that fear surge. Maybe it was just as surprised that I noticed him.

So I took my shot, and as calmly as I could without looking I walked back to the golf cart and took off (luckily I hit a perfect fade up and around the corner of the fairway) as I was driving I took a look back and he/it was still standing there. I got to my ball picked it up and drove back to the club house and told them I wasn’t feeling well and that I was finished and I left.

Sorry if that was long winded but it’s the first time ive really tried to explain the experience in depth. The people I have told laughed and said it was probably a hunter. But it wasn’t, we got a real good look at each other and it wasn’t human. Angel or a Demon is my guess.

A few days later I made myself return to the course and face my fear. I have never seen it again but im always weary to play by myself there

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

Overwhelming isn't it . .

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is my experience:
I was seven years old, it had been a bad day so i went to sleep early, then i woke up at 12:00 p.m. i think, and looked out my window and there was this red dot in the sky, at first i thought it was a helicopter but then the dot flew in a cross-like shape and dissapeared.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow! I haven't been on much in the last few weeks because we've just moved to another province but 2 full pages of great experiences have been added! Thanks to all for taking the time! I love reading these and hope they keep on coming! Cheers all!

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, to be honest I haven't had that many strange occurrences in my life. They'veall been pretty typical earthen experiences. However, one event does stand out in my mind.

From the ages of about 13 to 18 or 19 I was deep into controlled dream studies. This event happened around the time of my 15th birthday.

All I can vividly recall is having deja vu inside of a recurring dream in which I wake but am still asleep. It was pretty trippy to say the least. I would have to get my dream diary from ages ago out to remember the entirety of the dream.

I remember I was walking to somewhere with a "friend" whom I had never met. We were having a very casual conversation and then deja vu strikes. I wake up, but only to find out I'm in the same dream. Talk about ground hog's day. This dream would typically have me "awaken" 4 or 5 times before actually physically waking. It recurred for about 4 weeks if I remember correctly. Strange, but I think it's just one of those circumstances in which my subconcious was telling me to resolve issues in my life.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I posted on ATS, though I have been lurking and keeping up with the various topics that interest me. I keep coming back to this post, and I've finally decided to add my two cents (or three, since that's the number of stories I have for you guys).

The first incident I want to talk about began when I was much younger and only just became truly strange within the last week.

When I was younger, I experienced regular night terrors that persist to this day, though they happen much less often.

I was about six or seven on the night in question. My bedroom was situated so that the bed was against the wall and directly across from the closet, which was next to the door. I was lying in bed asleep and woke to see that my closet door was completely open. That in itself wasn't strange.

It was what was standing in the closet staring at me that made me start screaming.

In the middle of the closet, standing completely still, was an enormous light brown dog with black eyes. It didn't move at all - it just kept looking at me even though I was shrieking hysterically.

My parents, apparently, didn't hear me, since I lay there screaming for what felt like hours (though in reality was probably less than a minute) and I heard absolutely no response from them. I eventually vaulted out of the bed, bolted past the closet and out my bedroom door and made a beeline for the kitchen, where I grabbed the biggest knife I could find.

The next thing I remember is waking up in my bed the next morning. I wrote the experience off as another bad nightmare (again, I had a ton of them when I was younger) until I heard my parents talking in the living room. They were trying to figure out who left the bread knife on the couch the night before.

Here is where the story really gets strange.

Ever since that experience, I have always made it a point to make sure the closet door is completely closed before I go to sleep. My husband teases me about it, saying that I'm a little old to be afraid of the bogeyman, but I'm still very adamant about it.

About a week ago I arrived home in the wee hours of the morning. A recent combination of several family emergencies, work, and trying to finish my last semester of college has me arriving home much later than normal, and by the time I do get home I'm so exhausted that I just fall into bed. My husband, who works in a town an hour away, had to work the morning shift so he had stayed the night with a friend who lives near his job.

And, of course, the one night I forgot to check the closet door was the one night it was left open.

After about an hour of sleep, I woke suddenly and, without knowing exactly why, I looked toward the open closet.

Staring at me from inside was the same tawny, black-eyed dog.

Instead of freaking out, though, I felt a wave of relief and bemusement. The dog looking back at me was my two-year-old Great Dane, Duke. Duke is fawn-colored, with sandy brown fur and very distinct black markings around his eyes. These markings make his eyes, which are actually a very dark shade of brown, look black. Duke is a creature of habit and I had folded his favorite blanket and put it in the bottom of the closet earlier that day. Apparently he was having trouble sleeping and was hunting down his blanket.

I don't have an explanation for why a dog so similar to Duke was the subject of my night terror roughly fifteen years ago. I might just be imagining the similarities between Duke and my terror-dog; it's just very, very strange.

I'm almost out of space, so I'll talk about the others in another post.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Didn't read the whole thread, wow it's really long.

The strangest thing I have ever experienced?

ATS and many of the people here. Seriously, perhaps I have been "sheltered" in some ways in my life. I have experienced a lot of things, a lot bad, a lot good, a lot stressful, a lot happy.

But I would rank some of what I see and read on ATS as "the strangest". Though definitely at times very mentally and emotionally stimulating.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Ok, time for story number two.

My grandpa passed away in 2001 after battling cancer for over a year. My grandma has not been the same since his death, and eventually my parents were forced to put her in an assisted living center. She convinced them not to sell her house, however - it was the first place she and my grandpa had ever truly owned and, according to her, selling the house would be as painful as losing my grandpa all over again.

So the house stayed in the family. My parents, my sisters and I took turns checking in on the house at least once a day to take care of my grandma's two cats and to make sure no one had done anything to the house.

I worked nights after I got out of school at that time, so it was usually my responsibility to stop by the house on my way home and make sure the cats had food and water.

One night, I got there and let myself in, as usual. Nothing was disturbed, but the cats didn't come running to greet me like they normally did, and the house felt colder than usual. The coolness felt like it came in spurts, getting very cold in some places and warm in others. I checked the heater, which was set to 75 and working fine, then headed for the kitchen to make sure the cats' food and water bowls were full.

In order to get to the kitchen, I had to pass by the (open) master bedroom door, which was directly across from the entrance to the kitchen. And as I walked past the doorway, I saw something white waver, then move out of my line of sight.

Let me get this out of the way: I'm a die-hard skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. So my first thought was that I had seen a pair of headlights go past as I was walking to the kitchen.

As I was bent over the cats' food bowl, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was watching me. I didn't feel uneasy or afraid, just aware.

I locked up and went home and forgot about the incident until I overheard my mom talking to my sister. They were discussing my grandma's house and how they had seen and heard things while there alone. My mom in particular had seen the white light and heard someone muttering to her. I told them about what I had experienced and we decided that if there was something in the house (my die-hard skepticism is inherited) wasn't interested in attacking us or scaring us. It seemed like it just wanted us to know it was there.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And one more. This one creeps me out to this day.

I was thirteen years old when I came down with a bad case of the flu. It kept me home for the better part of a week. Not surprisingly, I was bored out of my mind.

My fever broke on Wednesday. That night my parents left me at home while they went to church since I was more or less well, though cranky from being stuck at home for several days.

I got on the computer after my parents left. I was really into a virtual pet site at that time, so I logged onto it and lost track of the time.

All of a sudden I heard the back door fly open, followed by what sounded like a very large person thundering down the hallway.

I jumped up and ran out the front door, pausing only to grab my dad's cell phone and his keys. I spent the next hour locked in his pickup (it never occurred to me to drive anywhere) calling anyone I could think of. This was before cell phones were everywhere, and more or less everyone I knew went to the same church as my parents so I wasn't surprised when they didn't answer. For some reason, it also never occurred to me to call the police or 911.

Eventually my sister and her husband answered their phone. They came to my house and rescued me from the truck, then my brother-in-law went to check the house.

No one was inside, nothing was missing or disturbed. But the back door was wide open.

I have no idea what it was I heard, or if I just heard the wind blowing the door against the side of the house. All I know is that it terrified me and I refused to be in my house alone for months afterwards.

And that's all I have.
Nothing terribly spooky, but things that do make me wonder.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I was in Baltimore's Inner Harbor tourist area in a 15 story building. Suddenly down below a boat blew up!! It was a big enough explosion that it actually rocked the building I was in.

The weird part? I felt it all in slow motion, not just seeing the event but the actual travelling of light particles like little 15 inch dumbells. There were streams of light energy all around me and it was like Neo in the Matrix as they just went around me. It was pretty awesome until people around me started crying and we all sorta freaked out.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
A few years back I was fishing with my two young sons along the bank of a local river. On the opposite side of the river, which would have been the distance of approximately one block, we spotted a smallish object floating with the current. It was far enough away that we couldn't make out what it was. As we continued to watch it, it inexplicably turned a ninety-degree angle and started heading right for us. Even my young boys understood that it was not possible for this object to make a bee-line for us across the flow of the current. As we watched with growing amazement, it eventually reached the bank precisely where we were seated. The object appeared the creation of some child -- a small pontoon boat made out of two plastic pop (soda, for you Americans) bottles with a cardboard platform on which there was a "crew" of several of those little irregular-shaped play pieces called "Bones". To this day we still clearly recall this perplexing event and can't seem to shake the idea that this "thing" defied the laws of physics and came to us in a purposeful way.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Holy shat Sik Mike, hope I don't come across to that in the near future. :p

Anyways, the strangest thing I experienced, was that I experienced an OBE (Out of Body Experience.) This when I was 8 or 9 years old. In school when we had our chance to get a bathroom/water break. I rushed over to the water fountain, and there was water underneath it. So I slipped from underneath, my chin hit the waterspout, and then hit the back of my head on the floor. I noticed something wasn't right.

I saw that I was floating slowly towards the drain of the fountain. Until one of the teachers came by to see if I was alright, then I regained consciousness, then found my self looking at the ceiling afterwards. It lasted for about 15 seconds. Experience could have been longer if one of the teachers didn't help me, it was actually kind of cool.
Got 6 stitches for underneath my chin.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Actually I got to add this other one that I had, it's my second strangest one, and I think this hallucination one was a message, no drugs were used. :p

Anyway from what I saw in bed, there was 3 brass coat hangers floating, I tried to grab them but of course I couldn't and they all disappeared.

So after a while I thought, if they had some meaning, so I looked up coathangers and caught a glympse of this site called. The Coat Hanger Project. www.thecoathangerproject.com...

I told my dad of how many coathangers there was that I saw and said 3. And he describes that even the number is really important. Says that 3 means change. I'm like okay...

So I thought deeper and maybe if it had to do with Obama. His focus was about change. And the commotion about abortion and prochoice certainly will have an impact on humanity in the future.

So maybe that's what it was? Such a simplistic but complex message.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well, once i was in the car and my dad was driving. i saw this guy on the street near the bayfront. except here's the thing: he didn't have a torso, just legs! it was literally like floating legs. it was the freaking weirdest thing ever. not lying.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join