It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
ok i have one to go along w/ these nickels and cigarettes ,beer can stories but not the strangest thing thats ever happened to me. following my partner out of this bar probly 2 yards behind he made a sharp right out the bar room
door taking a drag off his smoke , as i made the same sharp right out the door he decides to flick his cig at me as im coming out and him still walking away.he flicked that cigarette right between my index and middle finger in perfect smoking position and when he turned around instantly i was standing there like the biggest badass taking the last drag off of his cig.all he could say to me the rest of that day was .noway no fn way!
that guy was the best friend i ever had.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by minniescar

can you say cattle mutilations?

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
ok i have one to go along w/ these nickels and cigarettes ,beer can stories but not the strangest thing thats ever happened to me. following my partner out of this bar probly 2 yards behind he made a sharp right out the bar room
door taking a drag off his smoke , as i made the same sharp right out the door he decides to flick his cig at me as im coming out and him still walking away.he flicked that cigarette right between my index and middle finger in perfect smoking position and when he turned around instantly i was standing there like the biggest badass taking the last drag off of his cig.all he could say to me the rest of that day was .noway no fn way!
that guy was the best friend i ever had.

I'd have felt like a bad ass too. That is pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Very cool and thought-provoking thread! Some things really can't be explained away over cocktails,right?

I was 15: staying overnight at my Aunt's house,she was a pretty odd-duck but she was always good to me,was only 8 years older than I was, and it got me out of my parent's house so I enjoyed visiting.

She had 3 friends over for "girl talk" and drinks,at the time she was married to a dairy farmer in Upstate NY and lived in a VERY old home that was on the property of the man he worked for.

They started messing around with a Oujia board while giggling and just carrying on.I wanted to "play" too and one of the girls and I placed our hands on the planchet and it started to move rapidly across the board: I swear to this day I can remember the vibrations and the feeling that I couldn't have stopped the movement if I had tried.

We then took our hands OFF as we both became aprehensive and the damn thing kept moving around by itself.I chit you not,I have no reason to make this up and it has haunted me for years.

It spelled out the name "Henry" and started talking about "horses" and how there was "pain"...the other strange thing that happened was that the room had a strong smell of garlic in it.Not sure why but it came out of nowhere and grew stronger.
This happened in the time-frame of maybe 5 minutes or so but it seemed like hours...needless to say,everyone in the room became very frightened and the "game" was quickly ended.
When my Uncle came home all of the girls started talking at once,telling him what had happened and he laughed it away BUT...his boss's son was with him and he went very pale and asked if he could sit down.

He proceeded to tell the story he had heard thought his family about a man named "Henry Hoiught" who had been caught stealing horses on the property in the late 1800's and was hung without a trial from the tree out in front of the house that my Aunt was living in.

He said that the previous farmer who had occupied the house had left the job because the house was simply too "evil" to live in.
Both of my Aunt's children died very young in that house under suspicious circumstances.

I have never and will never touch a Ouija board again.

It almost feels "good" to have actually written this down.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
Very cool and thought-provoking thread! Some things really can't be explained away over cocktails,right?

I was 15: staying overnight at my Aunt's house,she was a pretty odd-duck but she was always good to me,was only 8 years older than I was, and it got me out of my parent's house so I enjoyed visiting.

She had 3 friends over for "girl talk" and drinks,at the time she was married to a dairy farmer in Upstate NY and lived in a VERY old home that was on the property of the man he worked for.

They started messing around with a Oujia board while giggling and just carrying on.I wanted to "play" too and one of the girls and I placed our hands on the planchet and it started to move rapidly across the board: I swear to this day I can remember the vibrations and the feeling that I couldn't have stopped the movement if I had tried.

We then took our hands OFF as we both became aprehensive and the damn thing kept moving around by itself.I chit you not,I have no reason to make this up and it has haunted me for years.

It spelled out the name "Henry" and started talking about "horses" and how there was "pain"...the other strange thing that happened was that the room had a strong smell of garlic in it.Not sure why but it came out of nowhere and grew stronger.
This happened in the time-frame of maybe 5 minutes or so but it seemed like hours...needless to say,everyone in the room became very frightened and the "game" was quickly ended.
When my Uncle came home all of the girls started talking at once,telling him what had happened and he laughed it away BUT...his boss's son was with him and he went very pale and asked if he could sit down.

He proceeded to tell the story he had heard thought his family about a man named "Henry Hoiught" who had been caught stealing horses on the property in the late 1800's and was hung without a trial from the tree out in front of the house that my Aunt was living in.

He said that the previous farmer who had occupied the house had left the job because the house was simply too "evil" to live in.
Both of my Aunt's children died very young in that house under suspicious circumstances.

I have never and will never touch a Ouija board again.

It almost feels "good" to have actually written this down.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by irishchic]

That's freaky. I've always wondered what it would be like to play with an Ouija board. However, I have no desire to open up my home to spirits or anything else.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I was staying at my sisters house for a couple of weeks and one day I experienced something that seemed very strange to me and actually had me floored and confused to the point I was frozen with confusion.

My sister had gone to the school bus to pick her son up after school and said she would be back in a few minutes. I said ok and got comfortable at her computer to check my email while I still had the chance for some peace. Anyway, 3 minutes later she walks back in the house with the door slamming behind her with her youngest child so he could use the bathroom. I saw him run off to the bathroom in a hurry holding himself...my sister stood there just staring at me with a look of complete annoyance and impatience. I asked her what was wrong and she didn't respond she just looked at me and then looked down the hall towards the bathroom. (I figured she was worried about missing her other son get off the bus.) I called my sisters name and asked her if she wanted me to run and get the other son or if she wanted me to watch her youngest so she could run back down the road to get her other son off the bus. She still didn't respond she just looked at me and grinned a nasty little grin and proceeded to walk down the hallway to the bathroom. I yelled out her name several times and decided to go ask her what the problem was because by then I was a bit annoyed myself because her other son is a known runaway when given the chance and I didn't want him running off and getting hurt being that he was a very hyper and curious 6 year old. When I got to the bathroom they were gone. I didn't get it. I was in an almost shock like state because I had no clue how they could have just disappeared into thin air. She lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and for her to get out she would have no choice but to pass me in the hallway.

So my heart is racing and I am walking back into the livingroom trying to figure out what had just happened and there she is walking IN the house with both boys. I had asked her why she left and wasn't answering me when I was talking to her and she looked at me and asked what in the heck I was talking about. I had repeated everything that had just happened and she looked at me like I was crazy and told me she never came back to the house and none of that ever happened. Her youngest son had a pull up on just in case of an emergency such as that and she assured me it wasn't her. I just couldn't believe it, I thought she was messing with me but she wasn't. Deep down I knew that because she doesn't play pranks like that with her kids just for kicks.

I have had other strange things happen to me over the years but this one sticks out at the moment. If anyone may know what this may have been or have experienced something similar please share.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Ok, let me first preface this by saying that if somebody told me this happened to them, I wouldn't believe it, but this is my off the wall experience.

I have been commuting to work by train foe 25+ years now and this occurred about 10 years go.

I arrived at the train station near my place of employment as usual about 8:00 am like every other morning and was walking through the station with hundreds of other commuters with the usual hustle and bustle. Suddenly, without warning, it was like I entered another room. The air got thick and hazy and all of a sudden it was difficult to walk, like walking in mud. People on both sides and in front of me appeared to be dressed in attire from the early 1900's, some men in bowler hats and women in long period dresses. The interior of the station, which I know like the back of my hand, seemed different with unfamiliar storefronts where the usual coffee and newstand kiosks would be. As quick as it happened, it was like stepping out of that room, and everything went back to normal. I cautiously looked behind me and the usual multitude of people were walking behind me as normal. This only seemed to affect me.

Although I have an open mind I lean toward skepticism when it comes to time warps, interdemensional travel, etc., I have no other explaination as to what happened to me that morning. I wasn't daydreaming, hung over or anything else. I've had no experiences like that before or after.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakenAware

Sounds like a doppelganger event. For more on doppelgangers Read this link:
paranormal.about.com...

here's a thread about it, too that may interest you,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
i've has several strange experiences but i KNOW that there is a logical explanation for everything that happens so i reject all my experiences. although i will admit that one particular experience was very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is a really good thread and there hasn't been any responses in a while. Too bad, I enjoy reading these tales.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
This is a really good thread and there hasn't been any responses in a while. Too bad, I enjoy reading these tales.

This thread is kind of funny like that. It will sit dormant for a few weeks, then pop back up and get a few pages of great stories, then fizzle out for a few weeks....

I love reading over these tales. I've read the entire thing about 3 times now and remember my favorites but every time I read it again, I rediscover lots that I forgot. Thanks to everyone who's contributed here. Keep up the great work!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have told this story in a few other threads. I have had thousands upon thousands of strange occurrences in my life but this one tops the charts....

September 10, 2001
Monday morning in California at Vandenberg AFB. I had just gotten back to my barracks to settle down for the night after a morning of USAF tech school and seeing my parents leave town. They had driven all the way from Texas to spend the weekend with me. It's around 7p.m. and I have nothing to do. I decide to play a little Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 as I had just installed it.

Like many people I opted to play as the evil "Soviets" first. The first mission had me breaking through allied defenses to be able to demolish 3 out of the five wedges of the pentagon. It was relatively easy and I pulled it off by destroying the pentagon completely. I play another mission and then find myself confronted by an odd task. I was to "capture" a tech center nestled between the world trade center towers. After annihilating the opposition, I ran up to the tech center and WTC. All I had to do was send a unit (engineer) into the tech center and the mission would be complete. I didn't have to destroy or kill anything else. However, I decided to aim the guns at both towers. I destroyed them both. I then completed the mission and went to bed.

The next morning during class, my little game came to life.

From that point on, I have never played that game and refuse to do so.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I went to take trash out about 2 in the morning at the condos where I live. I noticed the side door of my van was slightly ajar, figured my teenage son had left it open. Anyway I went over to slide it shut and when I drew the door back there was a mexican guy lying inside. I said "what are you doing?" and he replied something in Spanish. He proceeded to climb out and I see he has a hammer in one hand and a screw driver in the other. (It turns out he had hotwired my van and in fact it was ready to go, I was able to start it from there on without a key, so I had walked outside at the very moment he was done with his work and I guess he heard me and was laying down waiting for me or whoever to leave). He is standing in front of me holding a potential weapon, and at that moment I realized the danger I was in. But strangely he also got a scared look on his face. He and I both turned to run at the same time, in opposite directions, and not two feet behind me were these two guys, truly out of nowhere. Just standing there, looking at the situation, never said a word. But they managed to send the mexican running like a scared rabbit. I called the police and they were there in about 5 minutes. When I went back out the two guys were gone. I know everyone around there, and asked all the neighbors if they had visitors overnite, none of them did. I have to assume they were Guardian Angels.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
the one thing I can remember from when I was a kid (about 6-7yrs old) was it was night time and I was laying on the floor looking out the bay window in our living room at the stars up in the sky and I started to wonder about "infinity" and how infinite is infinity?.....then for what I would call a millisecond I completely understood 'infinity" and how far it reached and became "one" with it.....

what I mean is that in that milisecond..... I was wrapped in the infinite, it was all around me and I was it and it was me and I knew everything

and it scared me so bad that it shook me out of the trance I was in and it never ever happened again though I have tried numerous times to repeat it.

AG

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
After reading about the lightning strike near you I remember one that happened to me. I was about 9 or so and my Aunt (I believe or mom) were sitting next to me on the couch. It was raining outside and storming so my mom had a couple windows open in the living room. Well a lightning bolt came through one of the screens and hit the light in the living room. It went right next to my head! All the hair on my body stood up as well as my Aunts next to me. The light of course was blown out. The screen had a hole and black mark from being hit. That was REALLY creepy! I never understood why or how this could happen. My family still talks about this!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I posted this in a thread I made (here) but nobody seemed to care...

Me and a friend were fishing on this river. We walked through the woods about a half a mile upstream and found a nice looking bank that stuck out like a very small triangle/arrow of baseball-sized rocks from the bank into the river, just big enough for us both to stand on, with curved banks on either side. The water was only a few inches deep until about ten feet from the bank, where it dropped to almost two feet.

I noticed and immediately pointed out this whirlpool about 15 feet away downstream, less than five feet from the bank, coming upriver at us at probably 2-4 feet per second, me thinking it was a school of fish doing something weird or some big fish fighting. We hadn't caught a single fish in the past 3 nights we've gone out, so I was vigilant.

It wasn't just a whirlpool/vortex, it was spinning/splashing water.

It followed the "]" curve of the bank, with us being on the point.
It passed/went around us less than a pole's length from "shore," following the contours of the bank, where the water was less than knee-height, and we could see there weren't any fish or anything else in the water. The wind hadn't picked up at all and was barely breezing to begin with, and there was no sound.

It went another 20 or so feet, until it met a muddy part of the bank that stuck out a little, which was taller than the rocky area we were standing on, where the whirlpool stopped, and what I'm presuming was the wind jumped up the bank into a bush, clearly shaking it, and that's the last we saw.

We've both experienced tornadoes in other states, and countless dust devils everywhere we've lived, but this completely baffled us. All the waterspout footage I can come across involves lots of vapor in the air, but there was none. No noise either.

We've both tried explaining it to other people but they just look at us like we're idiots, and as it was happening we were trying to come up with explanations, but couldn't, and have been in kind of a state of awe anytime we talk about it.

Definitely strange, even if it was just the wind.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by alaskan]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The strangest thing I ever experienced is nothing. Never had any strange experience. No UFO, Extraterrestial contact, Ghosts, Paranormal experience, no Angels, demons, Jeti's or unnown lights in the sky.
I've been a christian for most part of my live, but no lifesign from God, visions or nonexplainable "good" feelings. My personal relationship with Jesus was rather "onesided".

But when I ever experience something, UFO in my backyard, Ghosts haunting in my house or werewolves in my garden, I will let you all know!

strange isn't it?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Safandjaro

Ironically, that certainly is strange.

And thanks again to everyone for adding several new and incredible accounts today.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
I posted this in a thread I made (here) but nobody seemed to care...

Me and a friend were fishing on this river. We walked through the woods about a half a mile upstream and found a nice looking bank that stuck out like a very small triangle/arrow of baseball-sized rocks from the bank into the river, just big enough for us both to stand on, with curved banks on either side. The water was only a few inches deep until about ten feet from the bank, where it dropped to almost two feet.

I noticed and immediately pointed out this whirlpool about 15 feet away downstream, less than five feet from the bank, coming upriver at us at probably 2-4 feet per second, me thinking it was a school of fish doing something weird or some big fish fighting. We hadn't caught a single fish in the past 3 nights we've gone out, so I was vigilant.

It wasn't just a whirlpool/vortex, it was spinning/splashing water.

It followed the "]" curve of the bank, with us being on the point.
It passed/went around us less than a pole's length from "shore," following the contours of the bank, where the water was less than knee-height, and we could see there weren't any fish or anything else in the water. The wind hadn't picked up at all and was barely breezing to begin with, and there was no sound.

It went another 20 or so feet, until it met a muddy part of the bank that stuck out a little, which was taller than the rocky area we were standing on, where the whirlpool stopped, and what I'm presuming was the wind jumped up the bank into a bush, clearly shaking it, and that's the last we saw.

We've both experienced tornadoes in other states, and countless dust devils everywhere we've lived, but this completely baffled us. All the waterspout footage I can come across involves lots of vapor in the air, but there was none. No noise either.

We've both tried explaining it to other people but they just look at us like we're idiots, and as it was happening we were trying to come up with explanations, but couldn't, and have been in kind of a state of awe anytime we talk about it.

Definitely strange, even if it was just the wind.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by alaskan]

I don't think that nobody cared. I just don't think anybody has any idea what it could've been. It definately I don't know what to make of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I double posted oops.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 10-6-2009 by ldyserenity]

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join