It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In the summer of 2001 I was shopping at the local Wal-Mart. I was wandering around the video department, killing time, while my two sons played around with the video games. While looking at DVD’s I happened upon a name a movie that I hadn’t thought about in a long time. The movie was “Rollerball”. I recalled watching it as a kid and was excited to see it again.

As I picked it up I was surprised to see that the individual actors appearing on the cover were not the ones I recalled in the movie. I didn’t recall an African American in the movie as one of the key characters at all. On closer examination I realized that it was LL Cool J pictured on the cover. Which made me immediately realize this was not the 1975 production I had seen as a kid.

My next thought was one of surprise that they had remade the movie and I hadn’t heard about it at all. I’m not huge on movies but I tend to pay attention when they remake a classic I enjoyed as a kid.

With the copy of the new version in hand I wandered around the video department and was pleasantly surprised to find that the original version, with James Caan, was also available on DVD.

Deciding I didn’t really want to buy either movie (dumb move in hindsight) I put them back and never thought about them again after we left the store.

Never thought about them that is until, in January of 2002, I was sitting at home working on the computer, TV playing in the background, a commercial came on that about knocked me out of my chair. A commercial was announcing the new movie that was about to hit theatres… “Rollerball” starring, among others, LL Cool J.

Now, unless Wal-Mart was heavy into video pirating (and remind you… I stumbled on this movie quite a long time before it’s release) I have never come up with a logical explanation for this event.

[edit on 30-7-2008 by xylophobia]

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well the most profound experience I had was a spiritual one when I saw myself and my spiritual guide, I don't know exaclty who the other person was. My spiritual self knows, but I don't, yet.

Since then I believe in God if you wish and in the deeper meaning of all life. I looked at myself as I was in a different state of existence and awarenes near a close person which I can only assume its a close friend in my spiritual life.

That is me. There is still so much more to discover.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have a few stories i would like to relate, by nature i am a reserved character and to tell tales of spooks and the wierd to people irl is not my forte, but seeing as i am under the cloak of anominity provided by the web there are a few things i would like to get off my chest.

The first relates to the chalk man, when i was around 5-6yrs old i remember waking one night to find a ederly man sitting next to my bed, i wasn't afraid of this apparition as his face was kindly and his first words were "how are you little man", i sat up and we talked for a while,he asking about myself and the family and me responding in the normal 5-6yr old manner, the reason i call him the chalk man is due to the fact that he was just a faint chalky outline, we talked for a while and then i heard someone stiring in the next room, i turned to him to tell him "shush my mum is waking" and he had gone, just as my mother opened the door and turned on the light, she asked who i was talking too and i just replied the chalk man, she gave the usual mother response, you know , "don't be daft" go to sleep, "your waking your bloody father" etc, so i went back to sleep, in the classic ghost tale cliche, it wasn't until i found old family photo's that i identified the old man as my grandad on my fathers side who had died well before i was born, what is more intriuging is that during a drunken chat with my brother and sister 25yrs later that we all discovered that we had been visited by grandad, the only difference being that my brothers sighting was a full apparition, my sisters a translucent and mine an outline.

My second relates to the angry ghost, again the same house i was slightly older, this part i only found out about during that same drunken chat with my siblings, the house had a plauge of re-accuring red crosses, small blemishes that would appear in odd places, they could be wiped off but would re-appear in a different place, according to my brother it drove my father mad and he would blame my sister and her lipstick, but my brother always suspected that my dad knew more.
One night while i was in bed, which was a small box room, about the length and width of the bed, i slept with my feet towards the door, i awoke it was pitch black which scared me as the landing light was usually on so the light came under the door, i sat there planning my next move which was to run to my mums room, but then i felt a wind blow into my face coming directly through the door,( as i recount this i am physically shaking and casting glances at my door now, i am a middle aged man who has not been scared for many years, yet i shake like that child of 8.)
So there i am in bed looking in the direction of the door feeling the wind in my face, at that point the door flies open, there is just enough light from the landing window to know the door is open, i'm staring at the doorway trying to make out my mum my dad anybody and then she comes at me, a lady in a wedding dress full flowing floating off the ground no legs and a face of pure anguish she is silently screaming at me, no voice no sound, just mouth open and screaming, the only clear detail was the necklace she was wearing, with a small red cross pendant.
i passed out and fell off the bed, the noise woke other members of my family and i was hysterical for hours, shortly after that i was sent to boarding school as a full boarder for 2 years, my parents divorced, my mother was sectioned and my siblings left home, no one in the family talks about the crosses or the white lady.

continued.....

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The third occured in the boarding school that i was sent too, one night a few of us in the dorm were awake and we heard some one go past our door, there was a strict lights out policy inforced by the headmaster via the slipper or the shoe, so we were intrigued to find out who was walking about, one of the braver lads opened the door to find several of the older boys creeping down the hall, i was about 9-10 at this point, the older lads would of been around 12-13, they said that they were going to the gym to do a seance, most of my dorm didn't even know what a seance was but because we had caught them, they were obligated to take us or we would tell, so we followed them to the gym, once we got there, there were approx 9 of us in total, one of the older lads seemed to know what he was doing and instructed us to sit in a circle, he was in the centre, candles were spread around the place, he had a book with him and told the other older lads to start chanting, which i presume they had already practised before getting there, we were told to just copy them by ear, he (the lad in the centre) started to read aloud from the book, which i believe was latin (it was one of our subjects), after about 5mins he put the book down and stood up and started rotating anti clockwise, now what i remember is the funny grin on his face, he had his arms spread and was spinning, he then started to call us little flames and that we were burning, we all seemed ok, but he was going faster and kept saying "you're fire" "you're fire" or it could have been "your fire" we all stopped chanting because it was getting scary, at which point he stopped spinning and put his hands to his head and started screaming "stop it" a couple of the older lads got up and went to him and they started yelling and wrestling with him while he was still screaming, as he had managed to rip his own ears half way off his own head from the bottom up, i saw the blood but not the damage, that was related to me from one of the boys who was wrestling him to the ground, needless to say the noise alerted half the school and the teachers it was mostly pupils that got there first so my dorm managed to mingle in and avoid trouble, most of the older boys were expelled, the poor lad in the middle we never saw again after the ambulance took him away, and the official story was a rugby accident. needless to say i have never partaken in a seance or ouiji session again.

There are a couple of other incidences that have occured in my life but those are private, and i think these 3 will stretch the believable factor for most of you.
All i can say is that as far as my own recollection go's, they are the truth as far as my own mind can determine it.

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Darn, I haven't had anything -really- interesting or paranormal happen (yet) but here's a couple of experiences I can remember.

I'm not sure if this was a dream or not because it happened when I was about 11 or 12 and I remember it clearly..I used to sleep in the living room with a light on every night..so I remember sitting up, looking at the bookshelf, and sitting on the edge was, for lack of a better word, a gnome. It had a small face and large round eyes and a tall, pointy hat which was red, I think. It wore some kind of long robe and it hopped down off the shelf and began walking away, looking over its shoulder once at me. It was creepy and must've been about 8 inches tall. I used to think this was a dream but I'm not so sure.

Second thing...I was in the bathroom once (same house) and there was a thing on the wall with hooks so you could hang your clothes or towels. There was a slip hanging there and all of a sudden it just jumped straight up (but not off) the hook as if something yanked it upwards. It freaked me out. There was no window open or anything that could've moved it...

Also, once my cousin and I were standing on my uncle's porch, waiting for him to open the door we'd just knocked on. This was nighttime. Suddenly out of nowhere we hear this noise similar to the sound they make on farms when they're feeding the pigs or something like 'sooey', although it sounded more like 'GOOFY!' and it was high-pitched and drawn out, and DIRECTLY behind our heads. We both spun around but there was no one there, not even up the street or across the street as far as we could see, and there were street lights on......hehe. Weird.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is awesome everybody! I started this awhile ago now and every few days I check it and find a few new stories have been added. This thread has FAR exceeded my hopes from when I sarted it. Thank you all for contributing and keep it going. I'll still be watching. And it seems others will as well. Cheers!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

good thread

i have seen the ghost of my untie. we were very close so i wasent really that suprised. i was scared at first though knew she was just saying her goodbyes so all good.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i've had many strange things happen to me throughout my life but the strangest was when a was about 15. me and some friends were horseing around with a book on suposed spell crafting, and we pretended to cast a spell on another friend we all had a laugh about it, then a week later i was informed ay a christian friend of mine that this joke had really scared my friend, and felt a strong need to tell him it was just a joke, so the next time i talked to him i told him it wasnt real and that it was a joke, but that he was gonna get killed by a drunk driver on his way home from this girls house in th enext county down from us, i kinda shook my head and said dont listen to me i'm just blabering.. and said that i'd talk to him later. i started to head home and got really upset with myself wondering why i told him that i was kidding. and i was like what the heck is wrong with me.. a weel later i rode with my mom to take my cousin to the local arcade and just as we were leaving i saw my buddy heading south tward the ILL border. all of a sudden i step out of the car and start banging on the roof of the car and yelling for him at the top of my voice to dont go. but he didnt hear me, i practicly begged my mom to go after him that we needed to stop him. but she just looked at me like i had lost my mind and said that she didnt have the gas to go after him, i told her that something was wrong but she said that he makes that trip all the time and he would be fine... the next day around noon we got the call that he had been hit and killed by a drunk driver on his way back up to WIS at 3AM.. i was devistated. and mom never again wrote me off if i had a bad feeling about something... the weirdest thing about it was that i didnt dream about it the night before, i didnt have a sudden flash when i talked to him i just opend my mouth and out it came.. now i stop myself if i'm about to say somthing and think about what i'm gonna say as i'm afraid of it happening again

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by scorand

thats really sad

when i was young we used a weegy board (not correct spelling i know sorry) and it said an aquaintance of ours was going to die and few weeks later they did (car accident). honest true story and one i just recalled from your above story. must of blocked it out.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Another strange thing for my collection happened last night, though to my wife, not me. It was getting a little late and we were getting ready for bed. She was in the bathroom ummm.....lets say, 'powdering her nose', and suddenly the hot water turned on in the bathroom sink beside her. She hadn't touched it at all and nobody in the house was touching any of the other taps either. And not just a drip, drip, drip thing, but from fully off to a steady stream instantly.

She told me about it when I got into the bedroom. she wondered if maybe her Grandpa, who she lost a little over a year ago was trying to say hello or something. She does believe in spirits to some degree. I'm a little more sceptical on that topic. Then I told her that about a week earlier I went into that bathroom and found the hot water running, too. I didn't think anything about it at the time. Just figured she left it on without noticing or something. But for her to be sitting right beside it and suddenly it just starts....that's a little strange.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on why it happened? I figure maybe a plumbing issue but there are no other issues with any of the plumbing and its only happened twice in the year we've been there, both in the last week. Anyways, thanks and I look forward to hearing your ideas about this.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'd feel pretty strange too if my grandpas ghost was watching me poop.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

It was #1, not #2. And I don't know if spirits know much of modesty.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

rofl , I almost fell of the chair

Even thou I do take this kind of stuff serious so no offence to the previous poster .

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
These are some interesting stories, keep em coming!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
An update to the post I wrote 2 days ago which is 5 posts above/before this one. The hot water in the bathroom hasn't turned itself on again since but last night something else a little odd happened.

There was a football game I wanted to watch and my wife wanted to watch her reality tv. So I offered to watch my game in our bedroom. We kind of take turns doing this whenever our tv desires clash. I go upstairs into our bedroom and can't find the remote. No big deal, I turn the tv on (at the tv itself), find the channel I need, adjust the volume, put my beer on the nightstand and kick back on the bed. Just after the opening kickoff, the screen goes black and silent and the green glowing "AUX" letters appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen. This has never happened before.

I get up and find the "FEED" button on the tv, push it once and it goes to "TV-1", which puts the game back on. I lay back down on the bed, sip my beer, return it to the nightstand and the tv does it again. "AUX" feed....blank screen....I get back up and switch it back. This time, just as I get back to the bed, it does it again! Frustrated, I quickly return to the tv and fix it a third time. Then I decide I have to find the remote. At least it will be an easier fix if the tv's going to keep doing this, right?

I look all over the room, under everything, check all the usual places and I can't find it anywhere. Meanwhile the tv has switched itself back to "AUX", yet again. Starting to get pretty mad now, as I'm missing my game, I grumble to myself "WTF! Why now?". (Thinking the tv was going kapput). As soon as I said that, it flipped itself back to the "TV-1" feed and the game was back on. I just stood there staring at it for a moment to see if it was going to switch again. After a minute or so, I decided to return to the bed and hope/see if it keeps working. I turn around to go back to the bed and what do I see but the remote. I swear to you it was laying exactly where I had been! Pretty much right in the middle of the wrinkle pattern my body had made on the neatly made bed, (as my wife always keeps it).

There is no way I could have been laying on it. Not only that but why wouldn't I have seen it while returning to the bed any of the several other trips to/from the tv? Another thing that bugs me is, there is no way I can switch from "TV-1" to "AUX" without passing through "TV-2". It seems the tv can do it, but I can't. Not on the remote and not at the tv itself. And the final thing I need to mention about this, is that the tv sits atop an entertainment unit we have, no more than 6 feet from the sink in the bathroom, where the hot water turned itself on.

The rest of the game, it didn't do it again, either. I watched the whole way through and nothing. My wife came to bed a little after the game ended. I gave her the remote and rolled over to go to sleep. She turned the channel and watched for a bit. Then I heard it go silent and she said, "The tv just switched to auxiliary". "Yeah. It's been doing that off and on all night", I said.

I don't know what to make of it but whether it does this more, quits altogether or anything else strange. I'll keep you posted.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The strangest thing that has ever happened to me. When I was eight I was visited by the angel of light (Lucifer). He came to me and stood at my feet as I was laying down trying to fall asleep at my aunts house. I was on the floor and my mom was on the bed to my left. I was laying on my side when I felt a incredible pressure across my whole body and a sense of extreme discomfort. I rolled onto my back and he was looking down on me with his arms outstretched palms up. I knew that he was not of me because I had no sense of good only evil. I could not make out the face it blinded me. I tried to scream for my mom over and over again, but my voice would not work. So I started to pray in my head I asked God to take this away. I was saying over and over In Jesus name I rebuke you. That is all I could think of. I was trying to say it out loud but I could not at first then finally it came out a whisper then louder and louder finally I was screaming it at the top of my lungs. My yell shot my mom out of bed and she scooped me up and held me and prayed for me. She new what was going on before I even told her. From that day on I have been visited by this evil being in my dreams. He tells me he will curse my life on earth if I continue on the path I'm on with God. It was so bad at one point I was "sleep walking" around the house. My parents said I was speaking in a tongue that they could not understand and that neither one could hold me down or stop me. I guess one night it was so bad that my parents called the pastor of our church and he came over with all of the deacons and they all laid hands on me, prayed and anointed me with oil. I woke up with a bunch of people surrounding me with no recollections of the nights events. Those are my strangest experiences.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by thirdeyeflight

Hi Thirdeyeflight. Thanks for adding to an already spooky thread. Your story is definitely up there with the creapiest. Nicely done. I think I'd likely talk to a pro if that was happening to me. I'd think I was losing my mind for sure. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Static Sky

This is the first time I have shared this info to a mass audiance thanks for the opportunity in this thread.

Another interesting thing that happened before any of this started happening was that I was prophecied over and this pastor said he had a dream about me. He told me that I was going to do something very important for God, yet he could not tell me what it was all he knew was that it was a great thing. Pretty deep stuff to put on a boy of my age.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Out of all the many crazy things that has happened to me, I'll share my most recent.

About a month ago I was in my living room playing fetch with the dog. He loves chasing tennis balls. Our living room has a huge picture window, it literally runs the length of the wall. This window of course has big curtains. Well the curtains were tied back in the corners. I bounced the ball past the dog and it rolled into the corner under the curtains. I watched it roll into the curtains, repeat, I watched it roll into the curtains.

Well, our dog runs to the corner to get the ball, and then turns around and faces me giving me the "aren't you going to throw the ball" look. I tell him, get the ball, get the ball while pointing to the corner. He runs up to me panting. I go to the corner to get the ball. There is no ball. I left up the curtains, no ball. I shake the curtains, no ball. The curtains ate my tennis ball. There was not a single place it could have rolled. Besides, I watched it roll under the curtains.

I guess that one tennis ball satisfied the curtains though, I have been unable to entice them to eat another one.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i absolutely love this thread! it has provided much entertainment. i have always believed in ghosts (and ufos) but never SEEN one myself. i do have several stories, one happened to my sisters, another to me all the time currently..
my sisters where much older than i, they had the kitchen chores after eating dinner on a nightly basis. they always messed around and ended up doing them late into the night on a regular basis. both of my sisters on seperate occurances (multiple times only while alone) had a voice call their names while they where alone at night doing the dishes. it was low and growling coming from a room at the end of the house whose only entrance was from the kitchen. a house keeper also said that she heard an exterior door close in that same room (that door was never used). only to find papers blown on the door as if a strong wind had blown the door open. the door was locked.
creeepy!
now for mine. i run a special needs animal rescue in my home. we have about 15 dogs living with us at a time. many of these dogs are VERY small adult or elderly ones. we let a handfull sleep in our bed and a few large ones on the floor. often, the small dogs will run to the corner of our king size bed and wag their tails as if to get attention from someone (we are in the bed, often in the early morning when we are sleeping... i awake). some of our dogs will go up on two feet or nip at the air as if getting a treat; but, they do it over and over like they missed it and are going for another chance at the prize. i have an old doberman who often stares off into a corner and nips at the air over his head for a couple minutes strait. i take this as a kind person who must have liked dogs... if they didnt they would be very unhappy in their afterlife, they have to share with MANY.

if anyone is interested in adopting a wonderful dog or cat, U2U me for pics and info on all our animals

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join