It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing you've ever experienced?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zrac99

Ball lightning..... .it happened to my great grandma when i was young... and at the time they thought it was a ghost...... years later when i got older... ball lightning became a "known" phenomena..... it started her trailer on fire

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

I have always been a very intuitive person.

Sometimes I see random strangers and get intense feelings from them. For example, I will see someone and just have an overwhelming sense of sadness, even though I have no idea why. I also have very strong deja vu, where I will remember dreaming a moment while it is happening, and know what someone is going to say/do next. Then there are the endless number of times I have been thinking about someone I haven't seen/spoken to in a while and they call/show up randomly.

I do the same thing as well, i also tend to "read" my family and friends minds, but i think that psychics are a load of crap. By "read", i mean that i will say something they were going to say, or sometimes even answer a question they were about to ask me, because i can hear them ask it. I also will begin singing or thinking about a song that is about to come on the radio, and when this happens now, i usually turn up the radio in preperation for the song.

I also have the ability to hear colors, can anyone else do this or know what i mean by it? Its kind of hard to explain.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
People can see taste and see music
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In October 1997, someone (police say a disturbed child who was obsessed with starting fires) broke in to my house while I was out one night and firebombed it with kerosine. The most important (to me) things that were destroyed in the fire were my artwork and my library. I lost my entire library of about a 1000 or so books. The next day I went to the house, looking through the ruins to see if I could salvage anything. I'll never forget the smell of a house that has been burnt with an accelerant like kerosine. It absolutely reeks. Anyway, I'm looking at the pile of ashes where my books were stored. Every single one of them was blackened beyond recovery. Some of them were completely ash, or turned a kind of black brown that had burnt them in half. So I kick a pile of half burnt ones and see there is one book that appears to have survived without damage.
The cover isn't damaged, there are no burn marks on it at all.

The book: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

The novel presents a future American society in which the masses are hedonistic, and critical thought through reading is outlawed. The central character, Guy Montag, is employed as a "fireman" (which, in this future, means "book burner"). The number "451" refers to the temperature (in Fahrenheit) at which a book or paper autoignites.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by undermind]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Nah, you just have to get used to the multiple-personality thing. It can be quite interesting. Never the same thing (or person) 2 days in a row. HA. Except when (in my case) the personalities included demons. Yes, I live with a demoniac (one who is easily possessed by demons). I am also plagued. I guess the strangest thing I've seen includes blood coming out of my mirrors (two at the same time, they were back-to-back), a huge hand/fist burning its way into our bathroom wall, the word "MINE" scratched into his leg, backwards emails from him (it), and any number of strange and horrific sounds/smells coming from unidentified places in and around the house. Have left that house, but I still dance with demons.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I live in Southern Arizona. Exactly 16 miles away from the "infamous" Tombstone. Theres alot of old abandoned towns (ghost towns) from the gold and silver rush from the "wild wild west" Some of these towns are well known, some are not. All this can be referenced online about these town names and there are even pictures. Most of them dont look like towns... there a few building, or like in Millville its just and abandoned mill. some places have more stuff than others. Most are protect now due to vandals and thieves. When i was younger they were not. Yes you can still visit most of them but they are fenced of and a caretaker lives their (Fairbanks)

One which is not so well known and damned hard to find unless you have specific directions. Most people dont go there because its a good 3 mile hike of the road. Hidden within a thick dense area of Mesquite trees and other local flora and fauna I myself had to look for three hours in my case since the directions came from my g/f's grandfather and were very vague

When i finally found it i didnt even realize that i had. Some of these adobe buildings are wrapped up within trees and if your not looking you can walk right by them. So i noticed one and realized i was there. A clearing opened up and i saw what resembled a dirt road. Weirdly never overgrown with shrubs or anything... you can tell directly it was a road. This was the towns main drag. And to the left and right of this "road" you can see at least 15 adobe buildings. Some with just the corners left others with window openings and apparent doorways. None how ever have roofs. Upon research i found out the place was used by Mexican vagrants who burned all the wooden roofs for fire wood. And that the military then used it for bombing practice (i cant recall that date). So hence the damage.

Sorry to make this long winded but to my point. I didnt realize until i was there for the first time after a bit, the place was completely quiet. No sounds of bugs, no birds calling.. nothing.. it was like a pure dead zone.
I been there several times with different people and it was always the same dead silence. I would remark about this to my friends and they would agree it was strange, cause as soon as you left the area... the normal sounds of nature reappeared.
I have taken many photos and video never to see anything... even did EVP's there.. nothing
One night i was at the local city park where alot of people in town hang out on weekend nights. We got on the subject and 15 of us decided to go down there. Now i never made a night trip.. this i was too scared.. but i had 15 people so why not, and i was a lil drunk. We got there and there was alot of joking around at first. Then we started hearing chains rattle... OK time to go.. We left quickly. On the hike back someone turned around and noticed a small green light in the distance behind us. We dont have fireflies here, and eventually we said whatever and went on.. Well the railroad tracks you have to follow makes twists and turn and should have obscured this light. The someone looked back again and saw it again.. appearing to be the same exact distance of us. Thats when we ran the rest of the way without looking back. We figured it could have been someone with a military flash light that has colored lenses. Other than that.. there are no swamps here..so no swamp gas. A time later i heard rumors from several people claiming to see the same light... but not near that ghost town.. further on down the river near the highway pull off. People often hang there cause it its near a small river and has an old spooky one lane bridge. "Supposedly" it was an old Miner and that was his lantern... dont know why it would be green though.

nuff said

[edit on 21-6-2008 by dj_molecular]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Another short "Ghost town" episode was a place just right off the highway. On a street named Brunchow Home of Brunchow's cabin. A Smalltime silver mining facility. Alls it had left was some smalls of his house.. some cement slabs with rusted metal sticking out of it, which im sure housed mining equipment. Alot of piles of dirt left over from the excavations.
And quite a few mine shafts. One of which was said to be the tragic resting place of him a like 21 of his crew when the where raided and slaughter by Indians. And supposedly thrown down the shaft. Been there several times... heard chains rattling, what appeared to be quiet voices, which you couldnt make out. And that dread awful shaft. We would throw rocks down the shaft, which was barb wired enclosed to gauge its depth. We figured it atleast 100 yards. One night i was fooling and went past the barbed wire which happen to be collapsed on one side. Now not being that stupid i held on with some rope to the fence post's. Threw a rock down and heard it to a couple thunks on its way to the bottom, then there was silence. Well being a skeptic and a joker i said "WEll i guess nobody is down there. A few second later their were two more "thunks" OHHHH CRAP i turned to get out of the barbed wired fence where my G/F was standing. Something had my leg... I freaked .. OMG, HOLY CRAP.. it was part of the Barbed wire fence that had caught my pants leg... Scared the living daylights outta me. Then a time later i heard of a local motorcyclist stopping on the side of a road to take a "leak" and he fell in a shaft and died. Next time i ever went to brunckows, which was 5 years later... the shaft , it was gone.and a Federal Bureaus of Land Management sign saying "No motor vehicles beyond the entrance. Which still didnt prevent you from parking on the side of the highway and walking in.

I have seen pictures online from Brunckows, which shows a ton or orbs... from a paranormal group. We however never caught anything... these guys had however 10 or 15 pics with orbs... so i dunno... Ive heard things.. i never seen them though..

nuff said

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Double Post, SORRY

[edit on 21-6-2008 by dj_molecular]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't know if it's really strange in the way you are looking for.

I'm a delivery driver. Being on the road can get kind of boring at times so I turn on the radio every now and then. (I do like leaving it off too though. Sometimes, just listening to the sounds of life is just as pleasing, but that's not what we're talking about here.)

Just yesterday, the radio was off but I had a song stuck in my head that just wouldn't go away. I finally decided to turn the radio on to try to get it out of my head. Care to take a guess at what song just started playing when I turned it on?

I like to think that everything does happen for a reason, but things like that just drive me crazy sometimes.

I'm sure I can think of more things that are more what you're looking for, but that's what came to my mind at the moment.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
This is my first post here, although I've lurked for quite some time. I have had many strange occurances throughout my life but here is the one that stands out the most.

I own a very fast sportbike that I bought brand new when I was a teenager (worked 3 jobs). One night I'm out riding with a few buddies who were all much better riders than me speeding through the city. As I'm following one of them up an overpass that turns to a different highway about 40 feet in the air something unexplainable happened. I was going about 75-80 mph and passing a car when I noticed my lane was ending and I was going way to fast! I tried to ease the front brake but it straightened my trajectory out and I started heading directly for the apex of this turn and of course the car was still beside me on my right side. To this day I remember thinking "Oh, sh_t I'm about to die" because the laws of physics that my mind knows without me actively thinking about said that I wasn't turning and I was going to fast, so I literally gave up and accepted what I thought was my fate. Miraculously, the bike started turning itself - I know it wasn't me - and the car suddenly shot about 10 feet in front of me. My left hand grip was no more than 3 inches away from the outside wall, which didn't actually leave enough room to properly lean the bike to turn as much as needed. Regardless, I made it without a scratch and my life has never been the same since. We were leaving a known racing spot because of gunfire to go another racing spot, where we had a gun pulled on us within 10 min. of arrival.

I've also been in two separate car crashes that hit medians on freeways destroying the vehicles and never got as much as a bruise. Another time my truck stopped in the pooring rain from 60-70mph in less than 50 ft., I'd say about 30 ft., had it not I would surely be dead. My best friend was with me and this moment changed both of our lives. I can honestly say my life has been spared curiously at least 10 different times. Just recently my wife and I decided on a name for our soon to be born son, we dd not know anyone with this name. A short time afterwards I saw this exact name carved into the concrete on our back porch with the year that my wife and I started dating next to it. Neither of us could remember seeing it there before, although that doesn't mean it wasn't there. To be honest, there are so many other things I don't know where to begin.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My grandmother was 106 years old when she died earlier this year. Two weeks before she died, she had a stroke and was sent to a nursing home because my parents were unable to take care of her anymore.

On March 27th, I had to go into work early so I reset my alarm clock the night before to get up earlier the next day. I overshot the usual time I set the clock to by about 3 minutes and decided to just let the alarm go off 3 minutes early. That morning, when the alarm went off, the song that was playing was American Pie by Don McLean. The weird part is the lyric that was being sung at the exact time the alarm went off was "This will be the day that I die". Needless to say, later that day, I got a phone call from my father saying that his mother pass away that afternoon.

We all felt her time was near so her death wasn't really a surprise. Was this a coincidence, or was someone trying to prepare me for when I got the news?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This thread made me lose sleep the other night when I first read it. Great topic, Static Sky!

I don't really have too many paranormal occurences in my life, or those that bordered on the paranormal I have since rationalized. The only thing that I can think of that I still can't explain was about 6 or 7 years ago, when my dog died. He was dead in our backyard when we woke up one morning (nothing unnatural.. he was just really old), and later that day, after he had been taken away and we had cleaned up the back patio, a big swarm of red dragonflies came into our backyard and just circled there for hours. The only logic I can see to this is that we had hosed down the back patio, and I think dragonflies are attracted to water, but still, in the area that we lived, we would see an occasional dragonfly or two, but never an entire swarm like that, much less a swarm that stayed there the entire day. I still don't know what to make of it, but it was just sort of surreal.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just to let you know, I also decided to join this board because of this topic.

I've had a couple of dreams that were a little strange. Or should I say, the events that happened a few days later are what made the dreams strange.

One dream involved a girl I knew in college. I won't go into details about this dream but I think you get the idea. Please note, I knew this girl as a friend, nothing more. Later that week, I was talking to her about nothing in particular, when she just blurted out that she had a dream about me the other night. I probably should have asker her what her dream was about, but that chill that runs up and down your spine when something freaky happens prevented me from pursuing this conversation any further.

Another dream involved me helping a friend move. We were in a rented moving van, I was a passenger and my friend was driving. I remember looking in my side view mirror and noticing the warning that the truck we were in was 13 feet high. (it was written on the side of the truck in reverse lettering so you would read it every time you looked in either side view mirror.) In the dream, I remember seeing my friend driving as we approached an underpass with a sign that said the clearance was 12 feet, 6 inches. After I yelled at him to stop in my dream, I woke up. Wel, three months later, guess what I was doing. Helping my friend move in the rented 13 foot high truck approaching an overhead railroad bridge with a 12 foot, 6 inch clearance sign in front of it.

Now if I could only do this with lottery numbers.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is also my very first post...long time fan.

Ive had many many experiences throughout my life, ufos ghosts intuition..ect ect...like a lot of folks..but my very first memory was at about age 3. I woke up one night screaming because somehow I could see outside the house as well as lying on my bed simutaniously ...but the frightning thing was...coming along the outside of the house was what I only can describe as a shadow of "something".....and my window was open...and for some reason I knew that Id had encountered this before and it was coming to get me...but I didnt have any clear memory of any other encounter except that I just "knew"....my parents ran into the room..by this time I was hiding under my bed..and couldnt be consoled...I have very clear memories of this....Im in my mid forties now.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

East bound and down, loaded up and trucking.......

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
There are some great stories here...I enjoy reading all of them.

Thank you Static Sky for starting this thread. I know I feel better about some of my experiences knowing I am not alone in some of them...

Right on!!!

I can't believe the number of first time posters that have come out to write on this thread. That's fantastic! And like daddymax sais, there really are some great stories here.

Thanks for making this thread a great success, everyone. I'm very gratefull that it never got nasty like some of the other threads I've been checking out. Cheers to all.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The strangest things that I have ever experienced have always happened to me through eye contact.

On my ninth birthday my mother took me out to buy my a new bike. This bike was a way cool bmx bike and was my pride and joy (I still tear it up with this bike). After we bought the bike we left the store and were wheeling it out to our family van. As I was opening the back hatch a car jumped a curb and hit a brick wall perpendicular to the parking spaces. A man and a women were in the front seat, both were not wearing their seatbelts The woman, the passenger, did not move but the man jumped out of the car almost immediatly. The man screamed while bleeding profusely, looked me dead in the eye, and fell to the ground. He never got back up. Our eyes meeting was one of the worst feelings in the world. He grabbed my soul as a person would grab at a cliff if they were falling off of it.

Tonight I experienced love. I have never felt this way about some one before. I am not dating this woman but we are extremely close. Tonight we were making love but as we both climaxed we looked into each other's eyes. At that moment I realized what love is. I trust her. She is the most beautiful person in the world. Just looking into her eyes at that moment, for that split second, opened my world.
Sorry if I was too graphic!

[edit on 21-6-2008 by youvegotbighands]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1
I would have to say finding this web site and reading the most insane ridiculous psycho babel from so called sane people and trying to keep a straight face while typing back a post to someone who belongs in a psych ward like I give a crap!

i take it you have never had a strange experience Blindwatcher? or even a freaky coincidence occur?

i understand where your coming from, i have never seen a ghost, therefore i don't believe in them. but i would'nt ridicule those who say they have or call them looney. just because i have not seen one, or had certain experiences others have had dos'nt mean they don't happen or there cannot be something in it just because i did'nt witness/experience it to.

the main reason people don't believe or think its stupid is simply because it's never happened to them(yet). who knows if it does, you may change your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join