It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Guzzled by Al Gore's Home in Past Year Could Power 232 U.S. Homes for a Month

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

glad someone else picked up that little gem of trickery.

19 houses..

can we please have the scales of the houses he's being compared to?
ARe they single home flats with 1 lightbulb and tv?

As someone said before, is there any compensation in this
'comparison' for renewable energy?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Rook1545

glad someone else picked up that little gem of trickery.

19 houses..

can we please have the scales of the houses he's being compared to?
ARe they single home flats with 1 lightbulb and tv?

As someone said before, is there any compensation in this
'comparison' for renewable energy?

At least a few people figured out the scam. I knew there would be the usual suspects that wouldn't, or would choose to ignore it.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
You see 'ol Al feels he shouldn't be held to the same level of responsibility as the "little guy" who never won a peace prize or made a foo-foo movie. How much energy does he use jetting to his engagrments and what kind of gas guzziling limo delivers his fat behind to his $100,000 speaking gig? These jerks give new and deeper meaning to the word hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This is an old story. I think it should be fair to point out the origins of these claims and the group that is claiming it, and the way they passed themselves of to the MSM as an enviriomental group when this story first broke. And the fact they are linked to many groups who act against global enviromental activisim. It is hardly surprising that a smear campaign against Al Gore would originate from this group. It is also a trend that most MSM sources that argue against climate change and their advocates come from similar right wing think tanks.

TCPR scholar Charles Van Eaton also serves as a trustee for the Lincoln Heritage Institute (LHI). The institute's "About LHI" page declares: "We ... cannot stand idly by and allow ... destructive environmental activism ... to become an accepted way of life in America."
Martin D. Kennedy, another TCPR scholar, runs the blog TennEconomics. On November 29, 2006, Kennedy wrote: "We don't know if fossil fuels lead to warming and if so, how damaging it is."
These people actively deny global warming, its cause and those that advocate change.

mediamatters.org...
mediamatters.org...

Generation, set up in 2004 by Gore and David Blood, former chief of Goldman Sachs's asset management arm, now holds 16 million Camco shares, Camco said in a statement.

Camco, which has one of the world's largest carbon credit portfolios, works with companies to identify and develop projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and then arranges the sale and delivery of carbon credits.
Simple economics while finding clean alternatives. This says to me that Al Gore is putting his money where his mouth is, and hardly is snake oil. newsbusters.org...
www.camcoglobal.com...

Also, on Al Gore making money from "green industry". Why is that a problem. At the moment alot of people are raking in the cash by trashing the earth......but when someone wants to improve things and make change, while making money.....nooooo....you money hungry scam artist. I think this is a theme that constantly comes up when arguing against Gore......it is happening on both sides so i think the point is useless.....we live in a society driven by money, i think people need to stop assuming that enviromentalism has nothing in common with economics, we need to find economically viable systems of change to reduce fossil fuel dependance and thus enviromental improvement while sustaining a global economy driven by societies, industry and buisnesses that have relied on bad environmental practices for too long.

Good post though OP, we have to keep an eye on all these guys, all the time. Here are some related links to Carbon credit and carbon tax you might like.
cboblog.cbo.gov...
www.carbontax.org...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
That's just ONE of gore's homes - he has 3 homes of considerable size:

the Gores own three homes: a 10,000-square-foot home in Nashville, Tennessee; a 4,000-square-foot home in Arlington, Virginia (across the Potomac River from Washington, DC); and a third home of undisclosed size in Carthage, Tennessee. Neutral Source has verified the Gores own a 2.1 acre property at 312 Lynnwood Blvd. in the Belle Meade section of Nashville, Tennessee (Parcel ID 11611005600). Its assessed value in January 2005 was $3 million, but we have not been able to validate Schweizer's claims about its size. So we performed a search and found 15 single-family homes on the market in the Gores' Nashville neighborhood with asking prices of $3 million or more. Of the 298 neighborhood properties on the market, only three are listed at $3 million or more. According to MLS data, these houses are 9.727, 7,340, and 9,878 square feet respectively. So we can confirm that it's quite plausible that the Gores' Nashville home is, as Schweizer claims, 10,000 square feet.

Then there's his travel by private jet and his stance on depleted uranium.

This goes far beyong hypocrisy, and IMO the image of the Nobel Prize was seriously damaged as a result of giving it to this charlatan.

Says Bill Turque, his not unfriendly biographer: "Over the years [Gore's] inner circle had become dominated by lawyers and lobbyists immersed in the city's money-and-influence culture." From his first days in office, Gore was a vacuum for money; he made his rich friends much richer, and they then channeled money to him. Whatever he might have done for the afflicted, Gore has done much to comfort the comfortable, enrich the rich, and make the powerful and well-connected still more so.

Gore's career has been studded with people who have shady pasts and engage in practices that skirt the very limits of the law. His first presidential run in 1988 was bankrolled by Nathan Landow, a Maryland millionaire, and a consortium of other rich men eager to invest in a "moderate" Democrat. A heavy donor to Jimmy Carter in the 1976 election, Landow was, Turque says, "a shoo-in for an ambassadorial post until the story of his business relationship with Joe Nesline, a Washington gambler with ties to Meyer Lansky's organization, landed in the papers. Landow was never charged with any wrongdoing . . . [but] would turn up on the margins of several scandals of the Clinton-Gore era." Kenneth Starr, for example, investigated whether Landow might have committed obstruction of justice in "urging . . . Kathleen Willey not to tell [Paula] Jones's lawyers that Clinton had groped her." (Starr never charged Landow.)

source

[edit on 19/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I don't see how being rich and doing well, while comming into contact with shady characters(as if that never happens in politics or buisness....come on.) is a statement on his beliefs and credibility on positive enviromental change. Smear, smear, smear and more smear.

Tennessee Center's President Drew Johnson comes straight out of the right's network, coming from Exxon-funded American Enterprise Institute and the right-wing-funded National Taxpayers Foundation.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Your post belongs right along side the OP source. Why would you need to discredit this guy.....what are they afraid of.....change taking the change out of their pockets and into Al's...lol.

Imagine the author of your source would want to discredit Al Gore, she only writes for this group

Weekly Standard Magazine
The Weekly Standard magazine is considered the prime voice of Republican neoconservatives, and one of the most influential publications in Washington under the Bush Administration. [1] It was first published on September 17, 1995.
and this group...

The National Review based in New York City and founded by William F. Buckley, Jr., considered one of the godfathers of American conservatism, is one of the oldest and most influential conservative magazines in the United States. It regularly publishes the work of some of the nation's leading conservatives.
The current director of the National Review is Jeff Sandefer, President of the Texas-based energy investment firm Sandefer Capital.
www.sourcewatch.org...
Oh my, now why would the President of a Texan energy investment group have one of his journalist write an article like the one you link and source? hmmmm. smear, smear and more smear.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
even the numbers trickery with the 232/1 (homes/month) reduced to 19.33/12 (homes/year) comparisons...

they sure are not using my bills & useage as one of those 19.33 homes ->
i use on annual average 600 kwh per month = 7,200+ per year
~~~because that would factor out to 139,176 kwh per year for all 19 of homes similar to mine~~not that 200,000 plus kwh the article uses as a base line

what are those 'average' customers in Tennessee running?
they all seem to be energy hogs---Gore especially !

~~~~~~~~
using no exotic solar panels or geothermal resources, i live a total grid existance and dependence, i time the water heater for when its needed, use the curly-que fluorescents, use water saver shower heads, set the summer thermostat to 77 & the winter temp to 67.
i made lifestyle adjustments-> not carbon credits or monetary infusions of 'green' environmental systems...

So whats my reward??

well the gluttonous energy users like the Gores & the neighbors in that particular service area which have extreme electric energy useage make my rates go up Too--- to fund the increasing energy production needs that these gluttons create.

I say, that people using (say 600 kwh) per month, which is some 400-500 kwh less than the average user sould get a energy conservation rebate of say $750 per year to act as a bonus for being good citizen that is not slapping around a big, clamy, carbon footprint on the energy infrstructure of the USA.

A plain & simple formula that might make a positive change in lifestyle & energy consumption...
and not one of those contorted, serpentine, frought with caveats regulations like the GW and Gore camps promote.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Why would someone want to have 3 palatial homes, burning massive amounts of energy, and fly the world in a private jet, and then tell the rest of us to live frugal lives?

The answer is simple:
To make money off this scam.

The acolytes of the church of gore will defend him to the death - just as they have been programmed to do.

Try taking a look at gores support for depleted uranium, and the various sources he makes his money from, as well as his hypocrisy in saying "Do as I say, not as I do"

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've thought for a long time that Al Gore is functionally insane.
He is so out of touch with reality, so "out there", so far gone it's ridiculous.
He is a frightening example of the level a mentally ill person can rise to,
in terms of power and influence.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The reason for all this power usage is Al is powering up his death ray!
Watch out George and Dick. Al's back and he's pissed!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
About Carbon footprints....

Didn't I see somewhere one of the ex-Beatles....(McCartney??) was devasted to learn that the new hybrid car he had just bought was flown .... that's right, not shipped on a boat, flown from Japan, just for him!!!

I thought it was quite funny, that.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's not Gore's fault.

He's hardly ever home, and Tipper leaves the lights on for him.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
I've thought for a long time that Al Gore is functionally insane.
He is so out of touch with reality, so "out there", so far gone it's ridiculous.
He is a frightening example of the level a mentally ill person can rise to,
in terms of power and influence.

Yes, and look how close the U.S. came to electing a "functionally insane" person in 2000.

These things have a way of working out, though, as it has allowed Al the inventor to move on from inventing the internet to other great ideas such as cars and electricity. Plus scams like the so-called global warming.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
IM speecless too. but its kinda funny lol. The great save the envrionment man, himself in person is guilty of milking the electrical grid lol. We should email him, and ask him how much carbon he has released into the air. and make it public knowledge.
While were at it, wonder what his water bill is
lol
How much fuel he has bunred in his car... i rea an articel in local paper last month, government travelers, form hte cpitol( Hartford ct) one gov man does 7,000 miles a month! yes a month. Thats alot of gas, for 1 person. So, i am usre gore travels alot.. ask himhow much carbon his car has released, as most of us, ide imagine, dont exceed 12,000 miles in a year.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

you are just now figureing this out. the same man who crys and whines about this "inconvient myth" that has blinded millions who faithfully follow his lies. is the same man who uses one of the least fuel efficent jets in the world leaving an enormous carbon footprint instead of using a public flight there by spreading the same pollution over 150 people and not just one self absorbed lieing pos...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Global warming is real.
Gore's ideas for minimizing the damage are valid ones.
It's okay for him to make money, most people in our culture want to.

So what's the problem here?

I'd much rather have a guy not doing everything he could to practice what he preaches than to have folks around who simply care nothing about the problem whatsoever.

I have seen An Inconvenient Truth several times and instead of being a scare film it was full of hope for change. They didn't even finish boiling that frog but declared it "rescued" (if you've seen the movie then you know what I am talking about).

My wife was personally trained by Al Gore to work as part of the Climate Crisis Project. There were about 40 people in her group and Gore has done this about 4 times now that I know of. (Not sure, but I think his original goal was to train about 1000 people total - in small groups.)
Everyone attending is a volunteer, including Gore. No one paid for his time. One of the things that he encouraged people to do was to host free screenings of the movie. That's right, "Here's a free copy, show it (for free) to all the people you can, let everyone borrow it."

He's not all about money.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBender

you are right he isnt all about the money. hes also about lying to millions and getting the weak minded who cant see truth to follow him. its a sick brainwashing program to start his religion. its funny really but his beliefs are based on hearsay and no science. people are accepting his word on blind faith alone.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

First, Thank goodness that you and I will never see eye to eye. I would have myself euthanized if I ever did something that would gain your approval.

Second, the fact that the global temperature is rising has been confirmed with the use of thermometers and other scientific equipment. Thermometers cannot be brainwashed into giving us inaccurate readings. I also do not believe that generations of scientists have been brainwashed into reading thermometers incorrectly.

Third, I have seen nothing in the Climate Crisis Project that bears any resemblance to religion. Can you provide any examples for me?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Does his home have solar panels? If so, I want to know how much electricity he returns to the grid. You have to subtract that to be the least bit fair.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Gore is a hypocrite. There is no reason why he cant put a solar and wind power set up at his house and use his own electricity. Im going to when I build my new place but its not cause of global warming. Its because I dont want to give any more money to big energy and I dont have to worry about being part of the mass power outages. People should be more self reliant and not on government backed big business. Al Gore is a chump and his words taken with a grain of salt.

data.tennessean.com... &plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a999f2bb6-4b5f-4a03-8b89-db852ab80a25Post%3a566ab28a-f52a-4098-804a-ff4bcd28438b&si d=sitelife.tennessean.com

gee, a multi-millionaire with a huge house. ok here is a weblink for the "hypocrite" gore. but of course he should be living in a 1500 sq ft. 3 bed 2 bath home ...right!!! and flying a jet, uhmm... maybe the "former vice-president" who has NEVER, EVER, NEVER gotten any death threats should just fly coach so it would be easier and more spectacular if he, his family or the whole plane is taken out by fanatics...foriegn or domestic

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join