It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Hadron Collider interfere with our perception of 'reality'?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
The person who knows about CERN knows a scientist involved (either heavily or lightly) in the project. It is all by chance that I met her. I see her almost daily, but I don't want to talk to much about CERN, because it makes me look like a nerd...and I think I'm starting to fall in love with her.

LOL!

That was quality. Good luck, Sir.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Thanks, man!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I don't want to talk to much about CERN, because it makes me look like a nerd...and I think I'm starting to fall in love with her.

/.../

She knows about Advanced Physics by osmosis.

I can tell... She is interfering with your reality!

The best of luck with her. :-)

As for CERN & al., I simply want to know why the inconsistent PR managing on their part.
I am not concerned about the thingy itself (far from it) - but I would like to be able to make my own decision whether I should be or not.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I noticed exactly the same. It's poor, isn't it? I'd start laughing but this really might not be a laughing matter. I did find on CERN's LHC site a text saying they're scheduled for an August start, now. But clarifications on the delays are vague to non-existant.

The most irritating aspect of this paltry news "campaign" is the fact that they're trying to make it appear as if everybody - except for those who gave forgotten about the HC altogether - were "concerned", "afraid" and what-not (every other news item from that list mentions the "doomsday scenario") - when in reality people would just like to know the TIMELINE of the experiment and the reasons for the delay.

By doing that - essentially, laughing it off - they hope to shift the attention of the media away from the timeline.

Why?
That's what I would like to know.

As to the "test": good find!

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Anyone get the feeling that they screwed up royally today? The world just doesnt seem right at all atm.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

We don't know that's what happened. But it is strange that so many people are experiencing things as being "off" these days.

The person who wrote that first post (the quote in the first message) maybe knew something. Or maybe he was just a crank.
Who knows.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have an interesting observation/question...
Where exactly is the CERN Hadron Collider?
Is it in or around the same area where all of the recent UFO sightings are happening in the UK daily? I've noticed a huge leap in the amount of activity in the UK regarding UFOs. If CERN is near, could it all be related?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
LHC is loacted in Geneva so very unlikely to be the reason for the increase in UK UFO activity

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by novacrsh
LHC is loacted in Geneva so very unlikely to be the reason for the increase in UK UFO activity

I am not even sure I believe in UFOs, but theoretically it *could* be the reason. (For example, if UFO are interdimensional phenomena, as somebody said.) Don't forget, the Earth is a very small rock.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Any news on this?
Is it on? Is it not on?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra
Any news on this?
Is it on? Is it not on?

It's not on quite yet, they're still testing the sectors to make sure that all the parts work. It's supposed to be fired up fully for the first time in the beginning of August, just a few short weeks away.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychoHazard

Thanks for the answer!

(How come you know so much about it?
)

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

How come you know so much about it?

Anything that might punch holes in the fabric of reality, or could possibly create black holes that may devour the Earth is something I think merits keeping an eye on. Besides, I have a deep fascination with quantum physics, and if they can prove the "God Particle" exists, it would explain a whole lot about the nature of reality.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoHazard
How come you know so much about it?

Anything that might punch holes in the fabric of reality, or could possibly create black holes that may devour the Earth is something I think merits keeping an eye on.

I keep an eye or two on those things myself, LOL.
But yours is unusually keen.

Besides, I have a deep fascination with quantum physics, and if they can prove the "God Particle" exists, it would explain a whole lot about the nature of reality.

It would explain a lot even if they don't.

Thanks again.
After reading an incredibly stupid thread about... eh, never mind, I was just about to return to the lurkdom where I came from.
But this was definitely worth a visit, even if is the last.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by AdAstra]

[edit on 18-7-2008 by AdAstra]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join