It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Hadron Collider interfere with our perception of 'reality'?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

No - I apologise to you for my "diagonal reading"...

And it doesn't matter anyway. :-)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I think that it not only can, but must interfere. Here's my reasoning:

A: It's commonly accepted in physics that all the equations, and thus all effects, go both ways, even when we can only perceive it in one direction.

B: Quantum physics has shown that the act of observing (i.e. perceiving) changes (i.e. interferes with) the results.

If A is true, and B is true, then the converse of B must also be true. If B is formulated as a logic equation, than it must be able to work in reverse. Therefore, The results must interfere with the act of perception.

I am so glad I reread this properly today, instead of yesterday night, tired and sleepy... For reasons irrelevant to the wider public, this made my day today.

I know it is - or should be - common knowledge, but I really needed to (re)hear this today.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

No problem, Vanitas.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The general rule when dealing with large hadron colliders is this:

Never fire one up during the weekday. A rip in time-space is quite a doosey in the middle of rush hour traffic. No joke here. We had one of them spring up here over at the Midwest Regional Collider here in jehovatown iowa falls springs jerseyville, and the i 90 was blocked for hours. my grandmother was so pissed at me. she couldn't get to the buffet in time, due to the massive void in existence blocking the way to her favorite eatery.

My advice to the first timer... pump the cold start button at least three times before pulling the choke and engaging the throttle. I think Toro has a copy of the hadron collider instruction manual online somewhere... the schematics and whatnot. The difference between non existence all over your sidewalk and a squalking baby turkey is just a proper cold start procedure away.

Namaste!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
From maybe a paranormal aspect, what If this mini black hole sucked in entities and ghosts? Who alive would hear their screams? Then as it grows, living people would then have their own souls sucked right out of their bodies living closest to it. Maybe aliens have already learned how to harness the energy of black holes and use them for space travel.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I am so glad I reread this properly today, instead of yesterday night, tired and sleepy... For reasons irrelevant to the wider public, this made my day today.

I know it is - or should be - common knowledge, but I really needed to (re)hear this today.

Thanks.
It's nice to know that my ramblings are of some use. Most days I feel like I'm just talking to myself. Any time you need some quantum theory, let me know, I've got plenty to go around.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Could the Hadron Collider interfere with our perception of 'reality'?

By itself... perhaps. In the hands of NWO PR types, definitely!.

OK so what I mean here is that the Collider could be easily used as a cover for a haarp operation etc. It has all the necessary hype, the MSM has ensured enough people have some level of product recall of the 'Collider thingie' experiment in Switzerland. That is all the seed-planting you need to use the Collider as a cover, if one had sufficient reason and expertise to do so.

So if your world goes upside down when the Collider spins up, just remember that it could be something else in play, using the Collider as a cover. Well, this IS a conspiracy website right?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

I am afraid you are right.

As I often like to emphasise, I am no fan of conspiracy theories.
But that doesn't mean that I think that conspiracies don't exist.

I am not saying that it IS so - no more than you are - but a project like this one certainly could be used as a cover for something else.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So... any news about the HC?

Sorry to be such a pest but I'd really like to know - and nobody is saying anything.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What LHC, Vanitas? I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I see...
So it IS on.
I thought so.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I see...
So it IS on.
I thought so.

What's that? I can't understand you. You're speaking English, damn it!

(I'm not being sarcastic)

You'd think it was on, wouldn't you?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You'd think it was on, wouldn't you?

More and more so...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It hasn't been tested yet. I know someone "in the know" about the project. I think there is a month or so to go.

But...It is possible that the experiments with the collision of atoms that will happen soon is already affecting our perception of Reality, with these weird occurances happening closer and closer to the time of the experiment.

I truly believe that sub-atomic particles are outside of the laws of Time and Space.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Thank you, Windwaker.

Could that person tell you why are they keeping silent about it?
I mean, after all the fuss in the media, and not one but (at least) two "false starts" now there is total silence.
WHY?

As to the rest... I couldn't agree more.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

More and more so...

Look how pathetic the Goog le News Search on the LHC is. Notice anything?

Originally posted by windwaker
But...It is possible that the experiments with the collision of atoms that will happen soon is already affecting our perception of Reality, with these weird occurances happening closer and closer to the time of the experiment.

I truly believe that sub-atomic particles are outside of the laws of Time and Space.

Good post. That's an interesting possibility, I hadn't thought of that. I'm out of my league, here. Can anyone with a background in hard science go into any further detail?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

What's interesting (but not surprising) about those Google results - apart from their scant numbers - is the fact that they carry "reassuring" statements regarding "safety", but say nothing about the reasons for the obvious delays, or about the date when they're planning to go ahead.

Journalists have extreme power in their hands.
Too bad that so many of them don't have what it takes (a thinking head on the shoulders and the willingness to squeeze hard) to make good use of it.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   

What's interesting (but not surprising) about those Google results - apart from their scant numbers - is the fact that they carry "reassuring" statements regarding "safety", but say nothing about the reasons for the obvious delays, or about the date when they're planning to go ahead.

I noticed exactly the same. It's poor, isn't it? I'd start laughing but this really might not be a laughing matter. I did find on CERN's LHC site a text saying they're scheduled for an August start, now. But clarifications on the delays are vague to non-existant.

Oh, check this out. According to CERN they ran a test on May 24th of this year, but they claim not to have sent the beam into the LHC tunnel.

Although the beam is less intense (at around 5 thousand million protons per bunch) than will eventually be used in the LHC, this test represents an important milestone in the run-up to the switch-on of the accelerator.

The TI8 transfer line runs from the SPS towards the LHC, where it intersects just before point 8. The beam was extracted from the SPS, sent down the 2.8km transfer line and stopped just 15m or so from the LHC tunnel.

Although they didn't send it into the Collider, could this test have caused any strange effects, maybe?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Cadbury]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The person who knows about CERN knows a scientist involved (either heavily or lightly) in the project. It is all by chance that I met her. I see her almost daily, but I don't want to talk to much about CERN, because it makes me look like a nerd...and I think I'm starting to fall in love with her.

I don't know much about physics, but I was always interested in the subject. Ironically, I can't talk about it much with her, because she's simply not interested, and I don't want to blow it.

She knows about Advanced Physics by osmosis. It's silly for a guy like me to even try to converse with her about it. I'm just a simple software developer. I come off as ignorant every time I try to talk Physics with her, and it blows my chances of winning her heart.

Don't worry. There seems to be no worry about CERN. I mentioned the possibility of the project creating a black hole, and she laughed that off. It's not possible with the amount of atoms that are being collided, supposedly.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Oh, by the way...I am a heavy believer in Quantum Physics, which most scientists would think is ridiculous. I don't think anything happens by chance.

LAW OF ATTRACTION

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join