It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you go back in time and kill Jesus before he was born?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you and I'd stay... well, no, I'd drag jesus' ass back to now and then deposit it him in vatican city, see what'd happen then. Would he talk the talk or walk the walk? I think, maybe, he'd not be too impressed with us or them.

Although, so saying, I'm an Atheist, so maybe I'd just shoot him in the stomach.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jokei
If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I'd take back those words that hurt you and I'd stay... well, no, I'd drag jesus' ass back to now and then deposit it him in vatican city, see what'd happen then. Would he talk the talk or walk the walk? I think, maybe, he'd not be too impressed with us or them.

Although, so saying, I'm an Atheist, so maybe I'd just shoot him in the stomach.

You brought up an interesting scenario where Jesus Christ would be brought back to the Future. Imgaine that, I wonder how the Pope's reaction would be to that. So my hypothetical scenarios....but as said...simply Hypothetical...

I'm an athiest but I do believe that their was someone "special" who moved masses...it be interesting to observe and not interfere.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
wow Christ never taught anything evil... yet you would murder him? sounds like terrorism....

anyways you cannot kill him, that's why God chose you to be born now...

He would have just let you drop dead before you did that, if he raised the dead and created the universe he can stop you...

But the true teachings of christianity are...

1. Love your God with all your heart
2. love your neighbor as yourself..

In my life God has completely changed me... Gods teachings changed me.. so in my perspective without Jesus and God I was a ruthless and much more violent young man.... before I was about 20..

who knows where I would be right now without learning about God and teachings like loving my enemies...

so i completely disagree with you... and btw communism would have much more room to work without christianity... and they have no moral code...

peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
Think how better off the world would be if Christianity had never existed. Jesus probably never existed anyway as there is no evidence that he did outside of religious writings. But think if there was a way to stop Christianity from forming, maybe by assasinating Constantine before the council of Nicea in 325. We would probably never have had the Dark Ages. Millions of intelligent and free thinking people would have survived the inquisition and science would likely be 1000 years more advanced.

Would I go back in time to kill Jesus? I don't think you have truly read and understood the Bible, my friend. The Jews already killed him, right? So, why ever bother going back in time? I don't see any point here. lol And, Herod tried, but failed as well. So, what makes you think you can be successful?

If you were to assassinate Constantine, the better off Christianity will be because, this fellow was the one who mixed and introduced paganism into True Christianity. The Dark ages would not have existed at all. Read all about it - www.gotquestions.org...
They were the ones who said the Earth was flat while the Bible has already said:

"Isaiah 40:22 - He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,". The Earth is circle, the Earth is round.

If you want to obliterate Christianity from the face of the Earth, you have to obliterate ancient Israel first. Thats where Jesus and Christianity will spring forth. Many kingdoms have tried, but failed. Even in modern times, in 1967, 8 Arab Muslim nations tried to obliterate Israel, but failed miserably. These Arab bullies have modern Russian weaponries, tanks, fighter planes, etc. While the tiny new nation Israel, just have hand me downs 2nd hand Sherman tanks from WW2 and outdated fighter planes and weaponries, lol. Israel would have been wiped out in no time at all. However, something weird has happened. Israel not only overwhelmed its enemies, but finished them off within 6 days! What an embarrassment to the Arab nations and what a shock and amazement to the whole world.

This is a modern example of David and Goliath. Don't believe me? Google "6 Day War".

Since Israel is very difficult to destroy, then you'll have to go way way back to the garden of Eden. You have to kill Adam. But then again, you won't exist either, lol.

So, ok, what now? You have to kill God himself - The Word of God, the Son of God who is God. How can you kill God? lol. Even Satan himself with 1/3 of his fallen angels failed to come against God, what more you, a mere mortal man.

And, God is omniscient, that is, all knowing. He knows your past, present, and future. As long as God is concerned, relative to Him, everything is done, finished. So, whatever moves you are going to make, He already knows, even at your last breath.

So, its really futile and going after the wind to fantasize about killing Jesus. Believe me, Satan has tried, but failed.

But you will say, I don't believe in God. However, are you able to build a time machine? If you are able, then you are only contradicting yourself because why ever bother building one if you don't believe He exist at all? Why waste your time and energy? lol Unless you have doubts about your unbelief. If you are able to go back in Jesus time, why would you kill him when He has helped people to live good lives, to love your neighbor as yourself, to give without even asking anything in return, to be humble always, etc. The only people that was angry with him were the Pharisees, only because Jesus was telling the truth the He is God.

Why ever bother killing a man who has done you no harm at all? What has he done to provoked you?

And, why get so emotionally attached to something who doesn't exist to you at all. Its like having an emotional reaction to a wall. lol

[edit on 6/18/2008 by amitheone]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
God’s people lives no matter what man may try to do. A good example is both Moses and Jesus. During Moses birth babies were getting killed he lived cause God wanted him to live.

Same with Jesus. The king tried to have Him killed at birth and had all babies killed from age two and under trying to kill Jesus.

16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men.
17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremiah the prophet, saying,
18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

So you think men of today is better than the kings of yesterday. I don’t think so! Let me tell you something Gods people lives if its Gods will. They die when its His will. Not your will!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Julius Cesar was killed because people were afraid of him becoming a tyrant.
They ended up with tyrants not so thoughtful.
So, doing away with Jesus would not have done any good.
The problem lied in the Roman Imperial System that developed into an instrument of oppression.
It is too bad the Church took on its ways.
We would have ended up with something else just as bad.
A lot of the dark ages can be blamed on climate change that forced the Northern people to over run the Southern countries.
Burning the the library of Alexandria would have to be the height of stupidity that was a contributing factor to the intellectual darkness that befell the empire.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: To answer the topics question directly "Would you go back in time and kill Jesus before he was born?". NO! I wouldn't. WHY?.....

Personal Disclosure: Because I have better things to do with my Time traveling abilities like Warning GOD before he creates SATAN! and 2ndly Why throw out the baby with the bathwater and why debase myself morally (an evil deed breeds no good)...I have no quarrel with Jesus only some of those who claim falsely to follow him.

P.S. regardless of who created the dark ages it was IGNORANCE in all those involved that was really responsible!!!

Become totally disillusioned and finally see everything for real. Think Globally Act Locally Feel Internally.DENY IGNORANCE 1st.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join