It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea to get Congress to act quickly on gas prices.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think I may have an idea that would almost certainly make both parties immediately take whatever steps needed to bring gas prices back down to Earth.

wcbstv.com...
This is an article which uncovers the fact that our taxpayer dollars are funding these bastards' vehicle expenses in their entirety.

You may not realize it, but members of the House of Representatives can lease a car and have it paid for by you -- the taxpayer. And it's not just the car, but gas, registration, insurance … the works.

End this loophole. Make them pay every cent for whatever vehicle they decide to drive, and that includes when they're on official government business. They like to talk about how people should use public transportation? Fine, let's make them decide between shelling out the money from their own pocket for the gas and parking costs to drive into whatever major city they're attending an event in and taking the bus from their hotel to the event. I realize we're talking about people who have a great deal more wealth at their disposal anyway compared to the avergae American. Even so, hit THEM in their wallets and watch real change occur.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is a good idea.
You need to get a petition for people to sign (At least for the unoffical business).

[edit on 18-6-2008 by hoppy]

join