It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Senator Mike Gravel Calls For Independent 9/11 Investigation, Prosecution of Bush & Cheney

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Everyone should support a new investigation.
Truthers or otherwise.
Why?
Because it will put an end to this.
Why are people scared of having a new investigation anyways?

If the "9/11 truth movement" is wrong,then theres nothing to gain.
But,if they are right,then theres everything to be gained.
And people can come to the realisation,that were all in alot of trouble.
If theres even a chance that 9/11 wasnt what we were told it was,it should be re-investigated,and those guilty should be tried and sentenced.
Only those with something to hide wouldnt want a "real" investigation.
Did you ever stop and wonder why the original investigation was hindered by Bush?
Ever wonder why more money was spent investigating if Bill Clinton received a BJ,than what was spent on investigating 9/11?
I think people like living in their bubble of denial and security,they dont want to know the truth.It would shake their familiar world to its foundation.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The person who should prosecute the case if this ever goes to trial is Vincent "never lose" Bugliosi, who prosecuted Charles Manson, and who recently wrote a book on this very topic.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Everyone should support a new investigation.
Truthers or otherwise.
Why?
Because it will put an end to this.

You cannot seriously believe that. You know it won't put an end to anything if the Agendists do not get their way.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
SaviorComplex..........

Yes,I do believe that.
Cause im 100% certsin,without one,things will only get worse.
Have you stopped and looked around you lately?
Wars,Patriot Acts 1 & 2 etc,this all stems from 9/11.
IF,a new independant investigation reveals that 9/11 was a lie,then those who are behind it,need to be held accountable.
And then America has to look at its foreign policy and its "homeland security" methods being used here in America.

SaviorComplex....
If you take a look at all the arguments and evidence that suggests theres something wrong with 9/11,that alone at least warrants a new investigation.
And yes,I have an agenda.
I would like to see those responsible for the deaths of 3,000+ on 9/11 and the 4,000+ plus dead soldiers held accountable.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Actually, I've consulted for both Republicans and Democrats, and the people who use it most often are Democrats. They both use different tactics, but when it comes to the truthers its exclusively a Democrat tactic. 9/11 truthers are seen as nothing more than a very disorganized interest group, but appealing to their anger and rage against Bush and company is a quick way to get supporters and blind loyalty.

And this is why truthers don't get it. They dont care about a new investigation. They will say they do, they will make endless speeches telling you everything you want to hear about how much they hate Bush and Cheney, and how they must be responsible. But they will do nothing about it. They are in this for political gain, and no one is going to give a new investigation - ever. They are going to grand stand this, and turn it into a political circus (to late), all the while abusing the 9/11 truther loyalties.

This works out well because most 9/11 truthers are interested in a political witch hunt, not truth. This is the kind of thing politicians specialize in.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

And yes,I have an agenda.
I would like to see those responsible for the deaths of 3,000+ on 9/11 and the 4,000+ plus dead soldiers held accountable.

Then you admit. You are not interested in truth; you have a forgone conclusion and want a commission that will tell you what you want to hear.

If there was something to all this, if 9/11 was an inside job, if it was exposed who would gain the most from it, politically?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
And this is why truthers don't get it. They dont care about a new investigation. They will say they do, they will make endless speeches telling you everything you want to hear about how much they hate Bush and Cheney, and how they must be responsible. But they will do nothing about it. They are in this for political gain, and no one is going to give a new investigation - ever. They are going to grand stand this, and turn it into a political circus (to late), all the while abusing the 9/11 truther loyalties.

This works out well because most 9/11 truthers are interested in a political witch hunt, not truth. This is the kind of thing politicians specialize in.

I'm glad someone else recognizes this.

Ever wonder why, if 9/11 was an inside job, the very people who would gain from exposing it don't bother?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

First off,dont pat yourself on the back and speak on behalf of any 9/11 truthers.
Its not about a pollitical witch hunt.
Have you even researched all the movements?
Or have you just jumped in with an uneducated opinion?
Groups like We Are Change,have done more for getting help to the first responders than our own government has,through getting donations and hold events for the first responders.
And who ever said Bush did anything?
I personally think the man is an idiot.
He wasnt capable of pulling off 9/11.
He just played his roll.
Which was being a good little puppet.
And by playing a good mouth piece to lead us into a war and doing his very best at obstructing the original 9/11 investigations.
If the guilty people turn out to belong to our government,than so be it.
Thats hardly a witch hunt.
There arent many(if any) that claim our government as a whole,did 9/11.
It is entirly possible that some people within the government had its hands in it.
The 9/11 conspiracy goes beyond just the U.S government.
I dont personally claim to have a list of names of who the guilty are.
Thats what a new investigation is for.
But the physical evidence,WTC 7,the lack of any videos being provided from the Pentagon attack,insider trading on 9/11 and Operation Northwoods,Norad stand down orders,etc,is warrant enough for a new investigation.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Alight, very salient points, thanks. Ya know, though, there are so many, many other crimes being commmited by shrub junior and company, from Iraq to Gitmo to Halliburton to mercenary soldiers....they're probably laughing at the diversion of a 9/11 investigation, since it will be very slow and drawn-out, it's had almost seven years to fester. Sure the Dark Lord himself (Cheney) is chuckling his malevolent laugh.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Actually, I've consulted for both Republicans and Democrats, and the people who use it most often are Democrats. They both use different tactics, but when it comes to the truthers its exclusively a Democrat tactic. 9/11 truthers are seen as nothing more than a very disorganized interest group, but appealing to their anger and rage against Bush and company is a quick way to get supporters and blind loyalty.

I thought 9/11 truthers were dwindling in number?

If this were true, why would a politician want to pander to them?

Obviously there's some votes in there eh? Which means a lot more people than what some around here would have us believe actually believe that some of the "truther nuttiness" is correct.

Or else politicians wouldn't pander to the "truth movement" at all.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

As I previously described, as a political strategy appealing to the hatred and rage of truthers is part of a larger strategy that works on all radical interest groups. Its not something every Democrat can get away with, since you must couch it in terms of an overwhelming hate for Bush in order to fly under the radar of the media - if the media finds out your pandering to conspiracy theorists, it hurts you. It only works in political jurisdictions that are extremely liberal - but, that is quite a few places in the U.S.

I last recommended this strategy during the previous election cycle. I probably would not recommend it again unless the politician was desperate to get some attention, because the public perception of truthers has gone from bad to worse during that time. However, for someone like Gravel, it makes perfect sense - when your career is dying, joining the 9/11 political circus will put you on life support for a while.

Political strategy is not set in stone, its dynamic. Currently in regardless to 9/11 truthers, you do not court them unless your fearful of losing an upcoming election or your looking for some quick media attention. There are exceptions to the rule, as I said, because you can get away with a lot more Bush ranting in a very liberal media market than you could elsewhere - where appealing to the truthers would still work.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Yes, your right - but it takes a keen sense of politics to understand whats going on and most ATS users arent going to get it. The great thing about appearing to be for 9/11 truthers is the politicians know its never going to happen. They can rant and grand stand every day if they want to - and there will be no more investigations. They know this. They have much to gain from courting fringe groups in certain situations, and nothing to lose.

Its to bad the truthers themselves don't see they are nothing but a pawn in political chess...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Dang, and I wanted to see the retort to Griff's statement. hehe

Dude, you are taking this WAY too seriously and angrily to be objective. I have liked many of your posts on the subject because they seem well thought out and such. But then you allow yourself to resort to the name calling and belittling that I think demeans the 'truth' movement.

Kind of like the two parties calling each other the worse kind of names and smearing each other until one is elected. It's pretty pathetic actually and shows the lack of good judgement.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Its to bad the truthers themselves don't see they are nothing but a pawn in political chess...

This "truther" looks into more than 9/11 when deciding to vote. So, at least for me, This is a very inefective way to gain my vote. You can tell the politicians you work for that one for me. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"Its to bad the truthers themselves don't see they are nothing but a pawn in political chess... "

Well its also too bad that Americans,along with the millitary,dont see that they are also pawns in poitical chess.....

9/11 and the "War on Terror"/Iraq are also just part of the game that the world elite are playing.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Well its also too bad that Americans,along with the millitary,dont see that they are also pawns in poitical chess.....

9/11 and the "War on Terror"/Iraq are also just part of the game that the world elite are playing.

Exactly. Whether 9/11 was an inside job or not, they (the politicians, Bush, Cheney etc.) used it to further their own agendas.

I wonder just how much money Haliburton has made already since 9/11 with it's no bid contracts?

Pawns indeed. It's time to wake up folks.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I have a difficult time with this subject, the so-called 'truthers' aspect, or whichever pejorative you wish to use, or the other side, the 'believers' or, worse...'sheeple'...all pejoratives.

So far, I am close to the fence, but on that side of it that tends to show it as it was....a concerted plan, carried out by Arab hi-jackers. However, I like to peer over the fence, to the other side, just to see what they can dig up as evidence.

Personal opinion, based on having been an airline pilot for a major airline for 21+ years, with lots of other commuter experience previously is ---

Yeah....unfortunately, the take-overs could have been accomplished as 'shown' and described in 'official' accounts. BUT, where are the holes in the 'official' accounts?? Is it a simple case of mis-communication? Or just mis-understanding of some incredibly technical details, based on a person's own lack of real-world knowledge (or, possibly, not interpreting what they 'see' in the real world correctly)?

Please note my signature.

I do hope that Sen. Gravel gets an investigation mounted, but I also fervently hope that it doesn't divert our attention from the blantant OTHER impeachable offenses that are too numerous to list.

I'll keep this short by saying....there's not enough time to impeach, now, anyway. So this is an instance when it is best to drop the 'adulation' and special treatment we afford ex-presidents and Veeps....nail 'em to the wall!!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here's a video clip of Mike Gravel filibustering back in the 1970's...

www.youtube.com...

Pretty emotional guy....Too bad he had no chance to get into the White House

(How do you post youtube videos?)

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sadly, this, like many other areas of interest, is rife for abuse by the politically savvy.

Whatever you think of the phenomenon, movement, or whatever, it is a culturally significant factor of our time. Dissatisfaction found a new voice.

All things are political, when thousands die.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I cant believe how many people stil belive in the "Oficial Farse" of the 9/11. The videos of the collapsing Twin Towers and wtc7 are enough to se the scam. And other facts also.

But i really feel some strange how some people demand a "NEW 9/11 INVESTIGATION". If they realy do a new investigation, obviosly the result wil be the same. Al-Quaeda and Bin Laden planed this, and the towers colapsed because the strutural damage caused by fire. WTC7 are severly damaged by the dust of the twin towers. And this wil be the end of the "Truth movement".
It´s an error demand a new investigation because wil be done by the same people(maybe by other faces).

The better way to deal with the media and governmant lies is ignor them. Dont follown them and share with other people. May be one day the Criminal Elite Think that they control all the people but they are wrong.

Like the Lisbon Treaty, The Isrish people give the good respinse, when the EU Criminal Elite think ther´s not problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join