It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA hacker appeals to House of Lords to overturn extradition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienADHD
I hate saying this ... Insane One but what was 9-11..

I'm sorry I don't quite understand what you're stating here. It seems off topic, can you please clarify?

reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

I hope more people have a similar point of view. Trying to get a 60 year sentence for such a small crime makes no sense especially considering the lighter sentences issued for people who have commited far worse crimes.

How do they even dare label him a terrorist? Had he taken down their network, comprimised national security in any way, then perhaps they would have at least some right to label him that, although I'd probably still disagree. All he did was access poorly secured systems. I doubt there was much important data there anyway.

Think about it, if you had files that were top secret but needed to be shared, would you keep them on a network with an external connection? I know I wouldn't...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If anything, NASA should be thanking Gary for exposing their weakness.

How much does anyone want to bet that NASA took measures to ensure no default passwords were on any of their systems after this incident?

Ill put down 1 million space bucks!

Just makes me distrust and dislike the rulers of this world even more!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I do think this is interesting...

Amendment 11 - Judicial Limits. Ratified 2/7/1795.

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

Sooooooo, we don't have to abide by their laws, but they must follow ours?

Why would the brits extradite him then?

Is there not a similar law in the UK?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
They shoould be giving him a job!! Hell, look at what they do with great counterfiters, they now work with th treasury department to help the FBI look for scandelous notes. Look at what our government did with nazis and the V2 rocket, gave em citizenship and jobs...

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

So true!

Thanks for your input!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
He's already done his sentence in UK. These supposedly critical computers were left without passwords, further they were windows machines, instead of the security of linux

He said numerous countries were looking around at the same time he was, he believed they may have been foreign governments. This actually led me to believe that perhaps certain computers were left without passwords for a reason, to facilitate easy sharing of certain information to other nations who there was certain agreements with.

I agree that hiding knowledge of ufos and free energy is the bigger crime of the two.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Apparently this guy didn't really exactly even hack into anything since the door was already open for him. He simply remotely accessed the computer with the default administrator password
. I'm sure NASA's done some upgrading since these hacks took place, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still had vulnerable computers just asking to be broken into. Hopefully, if someone repeats such activities in the future they are able to get proof that such files are real (I.E. scanned photos, files, documents, etc..). Not that I would condone such activities..but if you are doing it to get proof of a NASA coverup, do what it takes to get that proof.

Supposedly this guy really didn't have the hardware, the bandwidth, etc.. to download these huge files.. But even then he could have simply copied some of the smaller file-sized documents and resized some of the photos for direct dial-up download. He doesn't even have any real proof of such a coverup except for his word in seeing this secret computer files. I'll be fully convinced once some real proof surfaces.. Until then It seems kind of lame that he went through all this trouble to log onto nasa computers, actually find what he was searching for all along, and yet he has no proof.

Sure they confiscated his computer, but if you are doing this type of illegal activity you need to keep your information storage redundant. At least any smart hacker would have IMO.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Now with that said, you can also twist the same argument toward disinformation.

Did they leave these computers accessible so people can find false information?

This whole thing stinks!

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
What's even more shocking, how easy it is to get into these computers. Burglars that break into your house get less time.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well maybe not just disinformation. This could have been an internet security exercise in which said computers are purposefully made vulnerable to watch what happens to those computers (as an experiment to see what would happen to real nasa computers with important information). Like you said, it could very well be that this was all a staged ploy by the government for training purposes.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
just found this....

www.opednews.com...

Pretty interesting opinion piece!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IMAdamnALIEN

Can you blame him there hidning all sorts from us >.< its not a threat to national security its a threat to National Secrecey! NASA = Never A Straight Answer

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

As far as im concerned i hope he wins NASA's problem and the US government isnt threat to national security its a threat to National Secrecy! NASA=Never A Strait Answer! lol i hope he wins!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by juggaloco

I thought it meant

Nazi's are surrounding americans!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sorry, but your whacked out beliefs do NOT excuse breaking the law.

He will be extradited, and he should be. Then he will face the law, as he should do.

Just because he, and his supporters, all believe in the Easter Bunny, does not excuse breaking the law.

Stop and think for just a moment. I mean really put those three or four functioning grey cells that you have to work.

If any beings had the ablility to engage in interstellar travel, why would they give a damn about such a primitive planet as the earth? We are no potential threat to them, and we would be far too primitive to benefit from their technologies, etc.

They certainly would not take essentially uneducated people to sample what earthlings were like. They would not be interested in breeding with us (after all, are you interested in breeding with a mouse?).

No, if they did anything at all, they would merely keep an eye on us.

As to the vast conspiracy theories that all of you love so much, well happy crazy thoughts to all of you. And don't forget to take your Mellaril tonight!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by juggaloco

I thought it meant

Nazi's are surrounding americans!

NAh nazis are working for the americans lol

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The united states air force ,specifically the Dulles and Nellis bases,regularly hack into my computer for some reason,i have the proof from my firewall recording the ip addys.They hacked me as recently as yesterday,what a waste of govt. money ,its a frigging joke.These morons are the terrorists.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
But 60 YEARS????????? I could see 5 or even 7 but 60. Murderers get less than half of that. Maybe the Gov should hire him and make their defences a lot better. The US Justice system is messed up if a guy caught hacking gets a longer sentence than a slime ball caught molesting a child! The US over reacts when it comes to crimes that have no victims!

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I find this story just silly....

60 years?

The US government claims that he "hacked" into these computers, and destroyed information for a couple of million $$$.

I think both statements are untrue, hacking means that someone illegaly breaks into a computer with a brute force program.
This did not happen...
He used a remote access program to enter their computers, which means that they were open for this.

I think that the ones that provided the poor security should be responsible for what happened.

If he found something "secret" or not doesn't matter, really.

As i said, it is silly.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I don't get it..

If I were Gary.. I'd say "Alright, if you stated that I reviewed certain images. Please show these to the courts, the images in question."

I mean for him to look at pictures,they must exist and must be shown as evidence.

Sucks he "couldnt remember" the print screen button for the remote access software.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join