It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to build an AR or AK style Rifle in CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I don't know if a similar post has already been put up on this site, but I thought I'd bring it to the attention of folks in CA that you can, in fact, build a fully functional AR-15/AK-47 with all of the features that you want with only one slight modification and be well within the law.

I don't know much about other state's laws, but this info may be helpful for want to be builders in constrictive states.

First - California State law prohibits all AR style lower receivers, BUT, they were recently forced in court to LIST the makes and models of banned receivers - meaning that companies are putting out lowers that are not on the list.

Stag, Spike's, Oly - are just a few.

Second - If your rifle has detachable magazine you cannot also have a flash suppressor, pistol grip or collapsible stock.
BUT CA. was brought to court again and forced to define "non detachable". It was defined as stated in "CCR 11 5469 (a). A rifle equipped with a magazine lock requires a tool to remove the magazine from the firearm. Therefore, it is configured with a "fixed magazine" that is not legally considered "detachable".

A tool is can be considered a bullet tip.

The Prince 50 and Prince Bullet button is easy to install and changes your push button mag eject into one that is "fixed" under state law. You can't eject the magazine with a finger, you have to insert a tool, such as a bullet tip or pen tip into a hole in the button, which will eject the magazine.

This means that you can have all the "evil" features - flash suppressor, collapsible stock, pistol grip, etc... if you just install a bullet button (or similar mag lock)

Third - no way around the 10 round magazine clip capacity law yet

I'd include a picture of my build, but my upper hasn't come from CMMG yet. I have a completely assembled and legal lower however.

The only difference between a California AR-15 and a New Mexico AR-15 is the bullet button. Simple solution.

for more info go to www.calguns.net

[edit on 18-6-2008 by angst18]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I feel for my Californian 2nd ammendant supporters, good to see the bullet button sollution though.

I think the Californian AWB should be fought since it doesn't stop crime statistically.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The funny thing is that it's easier to own an assault rifle in Ca. now than in many states where they're completely legal.
First off, you only have to wait the 10 day waiting period for the stripped lower receiver - everything else can be bought online and put together at home - no registering and no fees for a license. Kind of ironic...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My American brothers - you have it too easy! Here in Australia it's MUCH harder to own anything decent. You almost have to be military to have anything useful! - Lucky Me!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
with all due respect to you people, why would you post what kind of gun you have on the internet? this is just a no-brainer

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
with all due respect to you people, why would you post what kind of gun you have on the internet? this is just a no-brainer

Because gun ownership is a constitutional right, and one that shouldn't be closeted. Plus, to be honest when you contract a case of BRD (Black Rifle Disease) it's almost impossible not to post pics and specs of your newest build with other enthusiasts. I wouldn't do that here, but we all do it in the Rifleman's forum on the calguns.net website and AR15.com.

These sites are VERY concerned about maintaining anonymity and would never bow to government tampering with their records.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i tip my hat to you angst18 . it great to see another Californian .with black gun fever . you know ive hear tales of people going out of state to "free states "
and catching a case of lightning link fever .so be careful .i hear one you got it
it dont stop till the mags dry.

new topics

top topics

join