It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims barred from picture at Obama event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7
Just shut the f up and vote for a man who openly admitted he...wants a 100 year war.

Sorry, but that is unfair as well. He did not say he wanted a hundred-year-war, and was taken out of context.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Brand over substance.

Welcome to American governance.

We are so hosed.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't attack or critisize anything unless it affects my bottom line. My freedoms have been attacked during the last eight years, not by terrorists, but by this administration. I am not attacking anyone personally. I am saying, I would rather vote for a would be muslim than a war mongerer.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cowgirlstraitup7

I don't attack or critisize anything unless it affects my bottom line. My freedoms have been attacked during the last eight years, not by terrorists, but by this administration. I am not attacking anyone personally. I am saying, I would rather vote for a would be muslim than a war mongerer.

I could live with that, as well. But I would also like to add honesty to the qualifications, and make it the top qualification to be president. Have any problem with that?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I replied to you via the u2u you sent me. But let's just get it out in the open. Who EXACTLY do YOU feel is honest. Better think long and hard about that answer, because my guess is NOONE! Honest politician...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
You know what, this still leaves Obama a villain in my eyes, because he's NOT HONEST. He didn't talk to those women privately to discuss with them what would happen if the manipulative media could exploit such an innocent photograph. Worse, he's not using this to call out the press for their single-minded demonizing of his alleged connections. This would have been an amazing opportunity for the "candidate of change" to take to the airwaves with a statement that these SUPPORTERS who are AMERICANS will be at his side no matter what news companies want to SPECULATE based on an image.

You are so right, I was seeing only one side of the equation. But think about this, if Obama would have done what you propose, how much air time do you think he would get after that??? NONE. We all saw what happend to Ron Paul. Now imagine if their golden child did what you suggest? Ha, it would be the death of his career and the march of McInsane to the white hosue. Com'on, you are smarter than that. You know who controls the so called "liberal media"........hint hint, it's not the liberals.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Once he's in office, he'll allow these kind of pictures to be taken.
He's a snake. He'll do anything now to win votes.....but God help the USA if he wins.
If you think this country is a mess now, wait til he becomes Prez......you haven't seen anything yet.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey,

At least yall cant say hes a top secret muslim in the closet anymore, because if he was, he wouldnt remove the only two muslims seated behind him within camera view.

It is sad, but i dont see women with headscarves behind the other candidates. They were likely asked to remove the headscarf, thus showing no overt sign of their religion, just like the other supporters werent overtly showing theirs, but nooooo ... the two muslim women refuse to be like everyone else and not flaunt their religious attire, showing to all with eyeballs that THEY ARE MUSLIM. I mean, its quite the eye catcher.. and also quite the statement.. I understand the backwards culture and all, with their lame reasons which amount to: Our muslim men cannot control themselves and seeing women with their hair showing drives them to have pre-marital sex, so we must cover our women head to toe in public. yea .. right.

And you dont see me with a big arse platinum and diamon crucifix bling around my neck just because im psuedo-Christian? I mean dang .. I think ill go get a star of david on my forehead tatood, real big, that would be about equal to the muslim woman always wearing the headscarf. In either case, you think they'd let me stand behind him during the rally? What if i wore a yellow buddhist scarf?

[edit on 6/18/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
And what if they had been i the picture? I can see the post now.

Obama rallies Muslim supporters to forward Muslim Agenda because Obama is a Muslim (and probably a terrorist).

Exactly, you hit right on spot! I totally agree, this sounds more like some political movement trying to plant burka babes on his campagn in order to disrupt his popularity.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Love is blind. Obama could commit murder and it would be justified by people like you.illuminati

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
At least yall cant say hes a top secret muslim in the closet anymore, because if he was, he wouldnt remove the only two muslims seated behind him within camera view.

On the contrary, it will be used as further proof that he's a secret Muslim. The thinking will be, "He didn't want them on stage, because he has something to hide!"

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecamel
Instead he has his cronies shuffle them out

He did not. He knew nothing about it until AFTER the fact. The volunteers made the call. People make mistakes and this was a mistake, in my opinion. I was angry when I first heard it but then I heard the explanation that it was the VOLUNTEERS who made the decision without consulting Obama or the campaign.

I can understand why they made this decision (out of fear) but it was the wrong decision to make.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Hey,

It is sad, but i dont see women with headscarves behind the other candidates. They were likely asked to remove the headscarf, thus showing no overt sign of their religion, just like the other supporters werent overtly showing theirs, but nooooo ... the two muslim women refuse to be like everyone else and not flaunt their religious attire, showing to all with eyeballs that THEY ARE MUSLIM. I mean, its quite the eye catcher.. and also quite the statement.. I understand the backwards culture and all, with their lame reasons which amount to: Our muslim men cannot control themselves and seeing women with their hair showing drives them to have pre-marital sex, so we must cover our women head to toe in public. yea .. right.

And you dont see me with a big arse platinum and diamon crucifix bling around my neck just because im psuedo-Christian? I mean dang .. I think ill go get a star of david on my forehead tatood, real big, that would be about equal to the muslim woman always wearing the headscarf. In either case, you think they'd let me stand behind him during the rally? What if i wore a yellow buddhist scarf?

[edit on 6/18/2008 by runetang]

Are you quite done with your uninformed misaligned little diatribe? What does it matter to you what someone wears on their head? You have no clue what you are talking about.

I am sure that if anyone had been there showing off distinct garb of any religion the same thing would have happened. Orthodox Jews would have been moved, I am sure a catholic priest would have been moved. Maybe he needs to get a whole bunch of people together all in ethnic/religious clothing, people of all different colours. He can sit them all there and talk his talk, while they all sing "Give Peace a Chance". Would that have made everyone happy? No, people like you would still put your ignorance on display and moan about something. Some people here are against Obama and can put up some decent arguments, Centurion is one, you my friend, just spout complete drivel.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I merely suggested that handling this in the opposite way could have been turned into a positive for Obama's campaign, and likely we wouldn't be having this discussion.

This is one reason you are my respected foe. I agree with you completely. And if Obama had had anything to do with who was seen behind him, I bet we'd be having a discussion about the people who WERE there instead of the people who weren't. But at least he would be standing by his beliefs.

I don't think he would have moved them if he had known about it. Now, we'll never know.

At least I know I wouldn't be posting on any threads attacking Obama simply because a couple people in his crowd were wearing head scarves.

No, YOU wouldn't. But I can think of about 5 people who would.
Even if they did it as "an Anonymous poster".

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
We are not putting words in your mouth. It's that we know the mentality.

You are unfairly judging Centurian, IMO.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Muslims barred from picture at Obama event

www.politico.com

Two Muslim women at Barack Obama's rally in Detroit Monday were barred from sitting behind the podium by campaign volunteers seeking to prevent the women's headscarves from appearing in photographs or on television with the candidate.

The campaign has apologized to the women, both Obama supporters who said they felt betrayed by their treatment at the rally.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's obvious that Mr. Obama's campaign is trying to quell rumors about his being a Muslim. If all of these 'Obama's a Muslim' weren't around then the two ladies would obviously have been allowed to sit wherever they choose.

It's sad that Mr. Obama's campaign would rather choose to not let Mr. Obama be photographed with the women rather than ignore all of the stupid and pointless 'Muslim rumors.' Yes, the photos would have been used against him by those trying to paint an inaccurate picture of him, but I still think it would have been much better of his campaign to ignore the rumors and allow the two women to sit behind the podium.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrs
It's obvious that Mr. Obama's campaign is trying to quell rumors about his being a Muslim.

Yes. But "Mr. Obama's campaign" did not make this decision. A couple of volunteers did. And they were mistaken.

Detroit News
Sen. Barack Obama's campaign apologized Wednesday after two Muslim women say they were told they could not stand behind the candidate at a rally at Joe Louis Arena on Monday out of concern for the visibility of their religious attire in published and broadcast images of the event.

"This, of course, is not the policy of the campaign," spokesman Bill Burton said. "It is offensive and counter to Obama's commitment to bring Americans together and simply not the kind of campaign we run. We sincerely apologize for the behavior of these volunteers."

I still think it would have been much better of his campaign to ignore the rumors and allow the two women to sit behind the podium.

Ignore the rumors and you get ignorance, like this:

West Virginia Voters on Obama

This situation is what happens when between a rock and a hard place. Someone said damned if you do, damned if you don't. If this country was denying ignorance, this never would have happened. But this kind of thing is bound to happen. It's unfortunate and I can't imagine how terrible those omen felt to be told they'd have to move.

Somebody messed up. But I don't think it was Obama or policy. That would be stupid. They would KNOW that it would get out. The volunteers just weren't thinking.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Which is why a candidate shouldn't even try...

Here's a concept for y'all: How about a candidate who just says what he or she wants to do to try and improve things for as many people as possible. Just that, no spin doctors, no poll taking, just here's what I want to do, and here's how I'm gonna do it. If you like it, vote for me, if you don't, vote for the other guy(s).

Don't try to be all things to all people, you're just going to end up pissing everybody off. Just say what you have to say, and let the chips fall where they may.

Or is that too novel a concept?

[edit on 6/19/2008 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Another overblown small miniscule event honestly cut the man himself some slack. It was not he who said “through them behind me so they won’t be seen.” Blame the middlemen!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join