It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel Martinez sent me this in response to the War on Terror...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thank you for contacting me regarding the Global War on Terror. I appreciate hearing from you and would like to respond to your concerns.

My highest priority is to safeguard our families here at home. The war on terror is a multipronged, long term struggle to defend our way of life from a ruthless enemy that has no regard for human life and exploits the openness of our free society to harm our people and society. I am confident our values will prevail.

At home, we need to take measures such as tightening immigration laws and enforcing the existing ones, improving intelligence gathering on suspected terrorists, and eliminating the barriers to information sharing between our intelligence and law enforcement agencies. These goals can be accomplished without undermining our Constitutional civil liberties.

In the international arena, we must step up our diplomatic efforts, increase trade opportunities for developing nations and humanitarian aid for the world's poorest, and exercise firm military force when necessary.

Thanks to the brave men and women of our armed forces, we have achieve remarkable goals in a short period of time. In Afghanistan, parliamentary elections have resulted in a popularly-elected governing body working under a constitution for the first time in that country’s history. In Iraq, we must remain steadfast in a plan for victory that includes helping Iraqis secure areas after insurgents have been rooted out and build enduring democratic institutions in Iraq.

I share your concerns and will keep your thoughts in mind as we continue to work on initiatives to help fight the Global War on Terror. Thank you for sharing your concerns with me. Do not hesitate to contact me with any additional comments or questions. For more information on issues and activities important to Florida, please sign up for my weekly newsletter at martinez.senate.gov....

Sincerely,

Mel Martinez
United States Senator

*unquote*
please anal-liez and post comments on his comments.,.. tks...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Looks like a "War On Terror: Form Letter" to me. That is a pretty canned answer.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have to agree. I'd wager that it's a form letter. Is it too much to ask for one politician who can give us something besides canned answers?

Dear ,
Thank you for contacting me about
. I want you to know that is my top priority...

When are they going to learn that this just doesn't cut it anymore?

[edit on 6/18/2008 by PsychoHazard]

join