It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are govts starting to admit that aliens exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
i saw in a news channel that UK govt has declassified some documents that points to the existance of unidentified phenomena..Now why do they have to do this after decades of cover ups..Even if a govt confirms it,is the world prepared to accept it?I mean the entire religious stuff will be shattered

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
IMHO It doesn't really look like they're confirming anything. All they're saying is that sometimes there's stuff that they can't explain. There's a big difference between saying "Yeah, we got nothin'." and "Yes, Virginia, there really are little green men."

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Unfortunately, most of the declassified documents have nothing substantial to them, and add nothing to the investigation in reality. Nothing more than blurry photos, questionable eyewitness testimony and the like. In short, nothing you don't see here on a daily basis.

We might just have to come to grips that the governments of the world do not have a monopoly on this subject, and may in fact have nothing of any nature that is substantial to disclose (which I think is the case)

Until this subject gets taken seriously by the mainstream public, it will be regulated to obscure bulletin boards that discuss and support the most absurd notions as a form of entertainment.

Disclosure will not happen any time soon. It will take years and years for society to ignore the stigma of idiocy that Ufology is represented by in order to truly be investigated under the light of the mainstream. And that is not happening ANYTIME soon. Seriously, read most of the topics on this board. Proof positive that the government has nothing to do with any modern cover up...as long as there are those representing this subject to the mainstream that post most of the ignorant and foolish threads here (and the hundreds that actually proceed to give them supporting comments) the government does not have to worry about their potential secrets being exposed and investigated by those that have the power to force disclosure (if you can't figure out who has the power to force disclosure then we are hurting worse than I thought).

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
None of the declassified stuff will be any good...it will only pertain to half-assed investigations, like project blue book. Remember last year when the French governmnet released all those files to the public? At first people in the UFO were excited until they realised it was a bunch of useless crap. The only thing you can go on here is believing your own eyes and intuition.

new topics

top topics

join