It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Gets 'Rock Bottom' Rating From Americans: Survey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Bush Gets 'Rock Bottom' Rating From Americans: Survey

rawstory.com

Less than one-quarter of Americans think President George W. Bush is doing a good job, giving him the worst marks of his two-term presidency, a poll showed Tuesday.

The poll also showed 80 percent think the United States is on the wrong track.

Only 24 percent of those surveyed gave Bush a positive rating, a score "worse than that of any president, except for Jimmy Carter (22 percent in July 1980) since Harris first started measuring them," the Harris polling agency, which conducted the survey, said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
LMAO.

I guess all of these people are "slandering America" too, eh Georgie?

According to some of the folks here, they "support terrorists" if they don't support you and all of your policies. So I guess 80 percent of the population are all now the bad guys...

But don't worry, the criminal congress will keep aiding and abetting you in all your crimes! One great big, giant happy crime family!

Vice President Dick Cheney fared even worse than the president, with just 18 percent of Americans saying he was doing a good job.

His previous low score was a 21-percent positive rating in July last year.

You can just hear the words coming from his mouth..."So?"

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
He'll probably end up finishing up his term with an approval rating this low or lower if the economy gets worse or if HE ends up attacking Iran.

I really don't see people changing their opinion of "the job he has done on this country" by the time he leaves the White House.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Last month Bush's approval rating was low, but not as low as the approval rating of Congress. I wish the article had mentioned where Congress ranks now.

There is no denying that it is a very tough time for Americans. We are a nation that wants and expects instant gratification. With no quick fix to any of the problems that we are facing it's not surprising that Bush is being blamed for everything.

Jemison

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What interest me the most are the few people who STILL give positive ratings to both Bush,Cheney & Congress and the people who STILL say we're on the right track.
I would LOVE to know who those people are(corporations maybe?)

edit to add:I also wonder the who 22% are who still showed some positive attitudes towards Carter.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by tormentor]

top topics

join