It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RBS issues global stock and credit crash alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

RBS issues global stock and credit crash alert

www.telegraph.co.uk

The Royal Bank of Scotland has advised clients to brace for a full-fledged crash in global stock and credit markets over the next three months as inflation paralyzes the major central banks.

"A very nasty period is soon to be upon us - be prepared," said Bob Janjuah, the bank's credit strategist.

A report by the bank's research team warns that the S&P 500 index of Wall Street equities is likely to fall by more than 300 points to around 1050 by September...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
www.telegraph.co.uk

[edit on 18-6-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
1987 style crash anyone?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well this can not bode well. If Americans think this stimulus package will solve the problem, we are in for a rude awakening. A minor band aid if that.

My thought is that the stimulus package would be just enough to hold off the economic collapse until the election rolled around so that the the administration could save face. Not sure it will hold that long.

Good find!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is an important topic but there is an existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This is an important topic but there is an existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, but I posted this thread 7 hours before that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The sad part is most people who have their retirements tied up in these investment banks and funds are pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff. Even when BIS and now RBS tell them to their faces that they're about to lose their retirement, they just figure it's their fate or something.
Oh well, what you don't know CAN hurt you!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
some many experts in economics, banking, credit and other forms of wealth mangement have been perdicting bad things , many diffrent varied bad things and yet the gov sponsered "experts" keep towing the party line and saying "dont worry everythings fine, were just in a bit of a slowdown nothing to be worried about". its retarded. you know what me and my wife did with our stimulas check ? we bought food, payed off bills, and used some to get our cats their vet stuff taken care of. no big screen tvs no video games no cheap crap from china.

new topics

top topics

join