It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Gets Hold of Special Forces Counterinsurgency Manual

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pretty explosive news and of course the mainstream media won't report it. I guess they think its common knowledge that the allied forces have created a civil war by funding terrorist attacks on each side. The joke is that the informed know full well that Iran is funding the #es and U.S. is funding the sunni(al"cia"da).

President of Iran has already said that he thinks the world needs one government and that a world government would be good so he is under elite control just like US president is.

The whole thing is a fraud, a wwe event both sides are controlled and the result is endless money making war.

I feel bad for the people of Iraq it really is ultimate evil what has been done to them. If i was a soldier and learned that i was being caught in the crossfire of terrorism that is being funded by America i would lay down my arms and refuse to fight.

Good will prevail and the people that have such devious minds that they literally just use Sun Tzu-Art of War techniques to trick people into giving their lives. They give their lives for worse than nothing they give their lives for elite profits.

Good find but sad.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 420prajna
I really don't think this is something new, Tom Clancy's book on the Green Beret's outlines all of this information. The Special Forces aren't really that secretive, except for the details of the SERE and Q course.

Ill be honest even SERE is not that secretive if you know the right places to look. 99.9% of the stuff is UNCLASS.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctormcauley

Jefferson would have gutted me there and then, Sam Adams would have challenged me to a duel (with guns), and Washington would have tore my throat out for speaking such lies....
and they would mostly be angered by the fact that this is a counter insurgency plan and they were insurgents. also times change and we have to change with them, now I don't endorse the war but we have to have some sort of a game plan for it, no matter how bloody it is. it's this or we pull out (and yes I'm all for packing our bags leavening right now).

I won't even imagine what Patton would have done to the men who wrote this document.

you do realize that you are referring to a man who's nickname was "old blood and guts" as in our blood his guts, the man couldn't care less about dead and wounded, be they civil or combatant

and your missing the point that I was trying to make that releasing military strategies in the middle of a ear isn't the most patriotic thing one could do

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
You know america is like a sweater, people are pulling threads and the whole thing is unraveling fast.

Alot of the deceptive and amoral practices of our government are being uncovered and brought out into the light and more people are aware of how it "IS" rather than what they would have you believe with their propeganda.

My friends and I are all talking about picking up and bouncing to another country before the rest of the world allies against the axis of evil forming here in washington. I really do not want to be lumped in with these lunatics anymore. when people outside the US say "america, what a bunch of empire building drug trafficking terrorist backing false flag creating freedom trampling child murdering warmongers" I do not want to be counted among them. Its disgusting. Our nation has lost its way.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Let's try to act a little less surprised.

Training manuals of this sort have been kicking around long before the Iraq war and, indeed, long before the internet.

I used to have a copy of one - a spanish/english version distributed to 'freedom fighters' in South and Central America.

This stuff is not helping terrorists, it's helping the curious people of the world become more informed about the actions taken by their governments.

I think it's shocking that something like this breaches the public consciousness and all of a sudden there are self-described patriots coming out of the woodwork preaching restraint and trust in the government - telling us all to just believe in them and stop talking about what's going on behind the scenes. Don't look behind the curtain - whoever is showing that to you is an enemy of America!

C'mon..people have the right to know that their tax dollars are directly responsible for human suffering, international power struggles, drugs, guns, assassinations, and torture. People have a right to the truth, I believe. I say, no taxation without information. Catchy, eh?

Funny thing about truth though - you can't force it on someone. The individual has to make a conscious choice to take the torch when it's offered.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This was released by someone, and that means heros are emerging, and I believe there will a lot more. People are instrinsically good by nature, despite this push to accept otherswise. The main concern I have is with the press. It's really critical to actually establish a means to get news to everyone, and to challenge them to use their brains. I think showing the huge holes in their media's refusal to release critical news may be a way to open peoples eyes. My father claims to know the media is bought and paid for, but even with a mensa level of intelligence, he refuses to listen to anything I have brought up, and relies on the stuff he knows is lies anyway.

So I brought up Oklahoma declares sovereignty as an example. I asked him if he thought any state doing this was a breaking story in north america or the world even. Then I told him I had phoned and written 3 media outlets in Canada concerning their quality of service and their lack of reporting one of the most critical stories imaginable, and its full implications. That they had lost all credibility as news media, and should resign their positions. It changed a little of his attitude, so somehow we need to actually use critical stories to publish somehow and get more people into looking at alternative news. I'm thinking of handing out pamplets and getting a website with ideas for other groups so that if enough people hand out information in small groups, all people can receive the a few critical examples and alternative news sites to start searching.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Training manuals of this sort have been kicking around long before the Iraq war and, indeed, long before the internet.

this is a little more then a "training manual", this is a strategic out line.

This stuff is not helping terrorists, it's helping the curious people of the world become more informed about the actions taken by their governments.

what's it showing a curious world? that governments do bad things during war? I'm pretty sure that every one is aware of that fact already.

I think it's shocking that something like this breaches the public consciousness and all of a sudden there are self-described patriots coming out of the woodwork preaching restraint and trust in the government - telling us all to just believe in them and stop talking about what's going on behind the scenes. Don't look behind the curtain - whoever is showing that to you is an enemy of America!

I can only conclude from this that you don't think that handing out military secrets is an act of treachery.

C'mon..people have the right to know that their tax dollars are directly responsible for human suffering, international power struggles, drugs, guns, assassinations, and torture.

unfortunately that is the way the world works. there is no government of any consequence on this that doesn't involve them selves with such actions, it doesn't make it right but that is just the way it is.

no taxation without information. Catchy, eh?

it works for me, but not for our strategies in a war other wise yes.

Funny thing about truth though - you can't force it on someone. The individual has to make a conscious choice to take the torch when it's offered.

an other funny thing about truth is that everyone has their own take on it

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

this is a little more then a "training manual", this is a strategic out line.

what's it showing a curious world? that governments do bad things during war? I'm pretty sure that every one is aware of that fact already.

I can only conclude from this that you don't think that handing out military secrets is an act of treachery.

C'mon..people have the right to know that their tax dollars are directly responsible for human suffering, international power struggles, drugs, guns, assassinations, and torture.

unfortunately that is the way the world works. there is no government of any consequence on this that doesn't involve them selves with such actions, it doesn't make it right but that is just the way it is.

no taxation without information. Catchy, eh?

it works for me, but not for our strategies in a war other wise yes.

an other funny thing about truth is that everyone has their own take on it

This is not the way the world works, this is treason. The Constitution is the law of the land, so subvert operations to inslave other coutries, that target civilians and break the law of Geneva, is not powers given to any government.

Why did Oklahoma declare sovereignty, lets see one of the points given:

WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States reads as follows: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”; and WHEREAS, the Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more

DEFINES THE TOTAL SCOPE OF FEDERAL POWER AS BEING THAT SPECIFICALLY GRANTED BY THE CONSTITUION.....AND NO MORE. Interesting. Treason.

and

THAT this serve as Notice and Demand to the federal government,
as our agent, to cease and desist, effective immediately, mandates
that are beyond the scope of these constitutionally delegated
powers.

Also, Bush Claims More Powers than King George III, globalresearch.ca...

The Bush administration has arrogated powers to itself that the British people even refused to grant King George III at the time of the Revolutionary War, an eminent political scientist says.

“No executive in the history of the Anglo-American world since the Civil War in England in the 17th century has laid claim to such broad power,” said David Adler, a prolific author of articles on the U.S. Constitution. “George Bush has exceeded the claims of Oliver Cromwell who anointed himself Lord Protector of England.”

Adler said, Bush has “claimed the authority to suspend the Geneva Convention, to terminate treaties, to seize American citizens from the streets to detain them indefinitely without benefit of legal counseling, without benefit of judicial review. He has ordered a domestic surveillance program which violates the statutory law of the United States as well as the Fourth Amendment.”
Adler said the authors of the U.S. Constitution wrote that the president “shall take care to faithfully execute the laws of the land” because “the king of England possessed a suspending power” to set aside laws with which he disagreed, “the very same kind of power that the Bush Administration has claimed.

How is any of this something we should just get used to as a normal government thing? How is any of this not treason?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This is not the way the world works, this is treason. The Constitution is the law of the land, so subvert operations to inslave other coutries, that target civilians and break the law of Geneva, is not powers given to any government.

I'm not saying that, it's just I don't want troops to die because we let out our strategy go public, that is my point my one and only point
and as for the rest of your post I agree with you

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

First of all, war was never declared.

And yes, everyone is aware of that, and that's exactly there are rules even in war. However, you can't apply those rules only to others. You either accept those laws and rules for everyone, or for no one.

You can't accuse others of terrorism or being terrorists (the result of not following the laws of war), and then defend others that infringe on those same laws of war just because you relate to them, or their cause.

I'm not saying that, it's just I don't want troops to die because we let out our strategy go public, that is my point my one and only point
and as for the rest of your post I agree with you

No one here wants the troops to die, and I don't believe you think anyone here wants that, so we can leave that at rest.

Now the issue here, in my opinion, is whether the public has the right to know if the Government (the Military, or any branch) has committed, commits or may commit illegalities in order to achieve it's goals.

Personally, I believe the people have this right and, in fact, when confronted with those illegalities have the duty to report them. So, I applaud whoever released this information publicly.

We have to uphold the rules and laws, not just to have the moral high ground, but because we are better than terrorists and everyone else who commits those illegalities and atrocities.

If we only defend those rules and laws when it's not difficult for us to follow them, then we are not better.

edit: spelling.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by danx]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Please don't think that this was "leaked" by some hero bucking the system. Check the date of the COIN manual. 1994 and 2004? That's old news. We just recently rewrote the COIN manual. That is why the old one was published because the new 2008 iteration supersedes this older version. Hope I didn't burst any bubbles surrounding homegrown freedom fighters.

I'm not saying that the old version is declassified though, just that the info inside shouldn't be taken as gospel on operational planning.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Apex Predator

Well, here's hoping you will find your inner hero and will leak the updated COIN manual to Wikileaks.

After all now hearing that it has been updated, one wonders if it is as evil and illegal in what it commends as its predecessor.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Unfortunately I will not be posting the new one for a few reasons:

1.) I still hold, and enjoy, my clearance
2.) In order to do so I would need to transfer material from a classified system to an unclassified one.
2b.) I've seen OZ and Gangland....I do not like prison.
3.) I believe in national security, at least when the reason for the security is to keep me alive in the "sandbox" no matter what my political views on the war are.

But, I will be honest with you, I have not read through the entire new edition yet. If there is anything freaky deaky in it I might have something to say. I'll let you know.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

danx:

"I'm sure many of you were already aware of these tactics and operations."

Anyone who has heard the term "War is hell" should be familiar with them.

War is just that. Absolute Hell. There is no other word to describe it.

It may sound shocking to some, but they might not have ever been put in the position of having to protect what they love and care about.

I haven't read it yet, but you can believe that if it comes to all out war and protecting my homeland and those I love and care about, I won't hesitate for a second to do anything to see that that happens.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americantrucker
I haven't read it yet, but you can believe that if it comes to all out war and protecting my homeland and those I love and care about, I won't hesitate for a second to do anything to see that that happens.

You mean like the terrorists and Islamic extremists in Iraq? Like I said, double standards - one man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter.

I think one of the main problems people have with these sort of tactics and operations is that they are not used in defense of the homeland, because really, when was the last time the US homeland has been invaded?

These tactics have been, are being and will be used in foreign nations. If you don't think we shouldn't be assassinating and overthrowing foreign Governments, then yeah, I can see why you have no objections to these operations.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Except that hitler was nto the first to come up with this notion - so it may not be from the passages of that garbage. If you've ever read hitlers book - it really is just a bunch of rambling. As soon as you think he's making a point, he shifts gears and goes in the other direction.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i know exactly what is going on here,this is an intentful leak to undermine the status of wikileaks,by leaking something that is important to national security it automaticly connotates that wikileaks is bad and should be shut down.

like the leak that brought down john kerry,riverboats veterans or whatever,it was a set up to discredit him as with this.

evil,smart,but not the smartest,try look between the lines and realise there is a large and organised non human force here on earth who thrive on secrecy,deciet and fear,there number one tactic is supression and discreditiaion of information,they havea huge disinfo campaign going,one element isright in front of our eyes,to promote the existence of evil aliens as cover for thier own actions.

oh and i like what beefacke posted,this bit

President of Iran has already said that he thinks the world needs one government and that a world government would be good so he is under elite control just like US president is.

that is because ahmijinedad is a gray(future ai) who promotes conflict and war,you can spot them by thier actions,always stocking up tensions and fear,trying to destablise the world.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by welivefortheson]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join