It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Gets Hold of Special Forces Counterinsurgency Manual

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Wikileaks Gets Hold of Special Forces Counterinsurgency Manual

tech.slashdot.org

Wikileaks has published a US Special Forces counterinsurgency manual, titled Foreign Internal Defense Tactics Techniques and Procedures for Special Forces (1994, 2004)

The document, which has been verified, is official US Special Forces doctrine. It directly advocates training paramilitaries, pervasive surveillance, censorship, press control and restrictions on labor unions & political parties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The actual article on Wikileaks can be found here, and the PDF of the Manual can be found here.

More from the slashdot article:

It directly advocates warrantless searches, detainment without charge and the suspension of habeas corpus. It directly advocates bribery, employing terrorists, false flag operations and concealing human rights abuses from journalists. And it directly advocates the extensive use of 'psychological operations' (propaganda) to make these and other 'population & resource control' measures more palatable.

I'm still going through it and I think it will shock some people, but I'm sure many of you were already aware of these tactics and operations.

tech.slashdot.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Wow. They must have an identical manual for domestic operations because all of those ops are going on right here, right now.

Nice find.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Nice little laundry list of dirty tactics. This is my favorite..

Civilian Self-Defense Forces [Paramilitaries, or, especially in an El-Salvador or Colombian civil war context, right wing "death squads"]

When a village accepts the CSDF program, the insurgents cannot choose to ignore it. To let the village go unpunished will encourage other villages to accept the government's CSDF program. The insurgents have no choice; they have to attack the CSDF village to provide a lesson to other villages considering CSDF. In a sense, the psychological effectiveness of the CSDF concept starts by reversing the insurgent strategy of making the government the repressor. It forces the insurgents to cross a critical threshold-that of attacking and killing the very class of people they are supposed to be liberating.

Shiites and Sunnis anyone..?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I hope someone saved this.
Cause the whole site doesnt work for me.
Is it down..or did my ISP block it......

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is sad indeed. Its like they're taking lessons directly from Hitler's war auto-biography Mein Kampf, which details how war is not won at the end of a gun, but by the use of domestic and foreign propoganda.

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Choronzon]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DalairTheGreat

Looks like the entire wikileaks site is down at the moment. I would assume that the document will still be available when the site is back up.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Could someone who possibly saved the file upload it to a site like megaupload or YSI so that those of us who didn't have a chance to look at it could see it though?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Or maybe the governemtn is forcibly deleteing stuff.

I hope yall have the pdf open and save it...

BE careful with such information. The intent of the world is to progress forward... so leaking this will indefinately hurt future... capable operations.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Flag this thread!

I've always liked wikileaks.com, mainly for their bravery!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I really don't think this is something new, Tom Clancy's book on the Green Beret's outlines all of this information. The Special Forces aren't really that secretive, except for the details of the SERE and Q course.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
For everyone that can't access Wikileaks, I have uploaded the pdf that I downloaded from the site earlier on to Zoho:

You can read it online here, or download the file here.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
hmmm

Possibly you all should Read the First page and make a decision.

This is exactly why the government doesn't like such sites as these

I hope this problem doesn't escalate because of release of such information.

This jeopardizes the lives of the very men trying to protect us

The threat is very real for all the nay sayers

What now?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
To tell the truth,there ARE alot of special forces TMs a FMs out there. That can be easily found.

There just isnt alot of results on this specific book.but i found it here
www.counterinsurgency.org...

it can be found here in html an in a zip file

EDIT:
All of a sudden this site it dead also.The zip an the pdfs no longer exist...

[edit on 18-6-2008 by DalairTheGreat]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by danx

Thanks for the upload star for that seems the pdf in the original link no longer exsists. Nice catch and save!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Viewing the PDF just crashed my laptop. I'm going to have to download the file I suppose.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Brilliant move posting this to the interweb like we weren’t losing enough people over there already
To who ever originally posted this on the net, out of curiosity do you tell your opponent every move your about to make when your in a street fight?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
Brilliant move posting this to the interweb like we weren’t losing enough people over there already

And you think the 'enemy' doesn't already know the US employs (and have employed) these sort of tactics and operations?

I'm guessing you were also against disclosing the 'enhanced interrogation' tactics in Guantanamo and other places, because the 'terrorists' could adapt to them...

Yeah, the real traitors are the ones disclosing the illegal activities of the Government and Military of the United States (and other countries)...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

starred and flagged. But it doesn't teach us somethnig new. Those who think we rely on Steven Seagall lookalikes to do the bad job can go back to fox news

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mxyztplk

If I had Shown this Document to one of America's Founding Fathers and told him the it was American's who wrote and are in the process of carrying out such atrocities; He would not believe me. In fact, I'd be in a lot of trouble right then;

Jefferson would have gutted me there and then, Sam Adams would have challenged me to a duel (with guns), and Washington would have tore my throat out for speaking such lies.... I won't even imagine what Patton would have done to the men who wrote this document.

Men in the past have dared put such things on paper before, remember the Document Burn-Fests that went on as the allies encroached upon Germany?
Notice how this document has a warning that it is to be destroyed after use...

Why do you think that is? Fear of the Coming War Crimes Tribunals?

If Americans don't straighten out their country themselves, Globalists will do it for them - unfortunately.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join