It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What high oil prices pay for

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw a few thoughts out there...

Could it be that certain groups in power (I'm talking about activity deep beneath the surface of democracy/communism/muslim law and other lies fed to you) are consciously, artificially raising the prices of oil everywhere in the world for the reason of creating a precedent to World War 3 (or World Nuclear War 1)?

After all, using what is today a necessity of life to rob the whole world would:

1) Create social and economic unrest in most of the world.
2) A possible global economic crisis (if they go far enough and something tells me they will).
3) Shortage of food (crops being used to create Bio Fuel instead of food).
4) Create the funds necessary for enormous black budgets, as well as funding of wars.
5) Use you the people for the funding of the war, and in turn use you as expendable fighters of the war for their political selfish reasons while they sit out in bunkers and you destroy each other. We could effectively be paying for our own death.

A look at what is happening today:

- Wars raging in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- America and Israel are preparing to attack Iran
- Certain groups in America are trying to create conflicts and unrest in Central Europe (Kosovo/Serbia, Ukraine/Russia, Georgia/Russia) as well as American, British, Turkish, French and possibly other governments' attempts to de-stabilize Southern Russia (particularly funding terrorism in Chechnya and the the Caucassus Region)
- Attempts at rapid expansion of NATO.

Global social, economic and political unrest = precedent to world war.

I think there is a lot more going on beneath the surface, perhaps we will see something big soon.

September 29, 2008 - Feast of Trumpets. A celebration on which USA has already tried and failed to iniciate Nuclear War on Russia at least twice - 1982 and 1994) but probably more times.

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think the world consumes 83,000,000 barrels a day. Those barrels used to cost $30 just a few years ago. So, 30 x 83,000,000 = $2,490,000,000. Now those barrels sell for $140. So, 140 x 83,000,000 =$11,620,000,000.

That is an increase in profit of over 9 billion a day. That is over 3 Trillion dollars a year, of increased profit. They were making profits when oil was selling for $30.00.

That is A LOT OF MONEY. They could finance whatever they want with that. You would think there would be a pretty clear paper trail with that amount of cash.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hi.

Thanks OP for starting this thread.
This is a topic that I have been giving thought to for some months.

It is my thought that perhaps a lot of the money is going to fund the war machine on BOTH sides.
All of the fighting, and deaths has got to be draining the war chests of the "bad guys" also. So IMO, the oil rich countries are secretly funding them with their profits to replace ammo, weapons and people.

Just my thought right or wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenverMan

It is my thought that perhaps a lot of the money is going to fund the war machine on BOTH sides.
All of the fighting, and deaths has got to be draining the war chests of the "bad guys" also. So IMO, the oil rich countries are secretly funding them with their profits to replace ammo, weapons and people.

Just my thought right or wrong.

Great point Denver! I've had the very same thought for quite some time now. When you take the oil industry AND military contractors both into account, this theory becomes even more plausible. Would the handful of people within this network be willing to sacrifice fellow humans for their own monetary and/or political gain? I would bet money on it. Can't wait to read some more on this subject!!

join