It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Increasing Your Abilities - Human Antenna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Some of you are already familiar with my theories, and others are not. So I will give you the basic intro to the basis of my theory in 0ne paragraph.

All matter (solids, liquids, gasses) are made of particles called atoms. All atoms are made of sub-atom particles called "electrons", "protons", and "neutrons". These sub-atom's all have electromagnetic fields. That means all things are basically made of "mini-magnets". Dirt, water, air, and even photons are all made of "mini-magnets".

So with the basis of my theory above, apply that to everything you see in life. You should see that we are swimming in a collection of these "mini-magnets", and we call it AIR. The air is to humans as the water is to fish. Both air and water are made of atoms. This means all humans are connected with the same transmission medium.

Your bones, your blood, your skin and your hair are all made of "mini-magnets" too. Actually your entire brain is made of magnets that interact with each other. You can even think of your hair as being magnetic flux lines exiting your body. Your hair plays many important roles for your body. The least known role is that of antenna. Your hair is capable of sending/receiving information to and from your body exactly like a radio antenna, and exactly like the antenna described in biology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Antennae are jointed, at least at the base, and generally extend forward from the head. They are sensory organs, although the exact nature of what they sense and how they sense it is not the same in all groups, nor always clear. Functions may variously include sensing touch, air motion, heat, vibration (sound), and especially olfaction (smell) or gustation (taste).

Human hair can be found mainly around the most important parts of the body. For example, the hair on or heads, face, private areas, and other important junctions. This gives our body abilities we wouldn't normally have. I can name a few obvious 0nes like eye lashes. They are designed to sense objects in close proximity, and to warn the eye of incoming threats. Ear and nose hairs are designed to detect objects as well, to help keep those places safe, and probably assist in hearing and smelling.

While keeping this theory of hair acting as antenna in mind, I have noticed a few things with people. I have noticed that women with long hair are sometimes more sensitive emotionally then women with short hair. I also noticed that men with long hair are more feminine then men with short hair. This is not always true, but I found it is more true then false. With my own experiments I found that when I let my facial hair grow, and I let the hair on the top of my brain grow, I can more easily put myself in other peoples perspective and get a good idea of what they are thinking at the time. I can sense their emotions and feelings as well. I also find it more easy to spot bad actors, or liars. I find that I am more in tune with the people in my surroundings.

I also believe that hair type, and color, have a great effect on the abilities of the hair. For instance, there is a difference between dark haired people, and light haired people, and even people with fake hair colors. When changing the color of your hair, you change the available frequency range that your hair can send/receive. I also think that thick hair compared to thin hair have noticeable differences too. Also, curly hair, and straight hair effect the ability of the hair. When going bald, or getting gray hairs, this could be a sign of losing sensitivity, or gaining sensitivity (wisdom) of some sort, and no longer needing hair and relying on the mind alone. There is also other theories I can develop from this.

This also brings up questions about shampoo and conditioners, and their unknown effects. I believe that some shampoos and conditioners actually make the hair more weak. It could be negatively effecting our minds.

Also, are any of you familiar with the Samson and Delilah story in the Bible?

en.wikipedia.org...

Eventually Samson tells Delilah that he will lose his strength with the loss of his hair.

Anyone have any noticeable changes with your mind, when you changed your hair? Do you know of any knowledge, or other experiments that would support this theory? I would like to hear from you...

-edit-
fixed links

[edit on 18-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Being religious the point that grabbed me isntantly was the Sampson and Delilah reference.

Although i have noticed my hair starting to thin after using colouring products and ive also been gradually forgetting more things than i usually do...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks for your input, the words you type are actually quite common.

The chemical effects on your hair is without a doubt effecting the strength of your hair. Coloring, or bleaching hair could probably speed up the aging process of your hair.

Since hair is made mostly of proteins it would be best to intake more proteins. This could possibly help with the strength of hair, and maybe even help slow common pattern balding.

Thanks also for your note on memory. It is true the eating more proteins can increase memory.

Here is something interseting:
www.terradaily.com...

Just Google "memory protein" or something similar, and you will find a lot of information about memory.

Also Google "hair protein" or somethign similar, and you will see people already recommend a good protein diet to give your hair thickness, and better growth.

I have always had a theory that we all have access to the same memory storage device. This rings true when you read about the "universal subconscious".

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Hi I think you are right on the money! I've been a slave to relaxing my hair, every month, with chemicals for the last 20 years, and recently have decided to stop (last 3 months). I noticed just last month as I have also stopped using commercial shampoos and conditioners and now use natural ayurvedic hair powders, clays and gycerin soaps, that my temperment has changed a bit. I am more excited about my hair and feel more connected to it as a living thing. I can't explain it... It just dawned on me one day. I've also noticed that I am a bit calmer and less rejecting toward myself.

I'm still experimenting with natural products on my hair, for other reasons, but you've definitely got me thinking!

[email protected]

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You just kind of went on about a bunch of anecdotal observations you made. Hair length and color can influence personality (more the latter than the former) and hair length is probably a result of personality. It's kind of wrong to call the brain a bunch of "magnets" because they interact electrically rather than magnetically or electromagnetically.

As for eating certain proteins to prevent baldness, that doesn't make immediate sense without any study because it's more of a hormone problem than not having enough protein to make more hair. Your body just decides to stop producing it.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So with the basis of my theory above, apply that to everything you see in life. You should see that we are swimming in a collection of these "mini-magnets", and we call it AIR. The air is to humans as the water is to fish. Both air and water are made of atoms. This means all humans are connected with the same transmission medium.

We are not physically a part of the transmission medium, it exists separately from us. If you are inferring that all humans are connected because of this, it's incorrect. If not, my apologies.

Your bones, your blood, your skin and your hair are all made of "mini-magnets" too. Actually your entire brain is made of magnets that interact with each other.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. The magnetic force that you keep referring is actually the Strong Magnetic Force. It's what keeps things on the atomic level together and does not serve as a means for communication.

You can even think of your hair as being magnetic flux lines exiting your body.

I don't think that's an accurate assessment at all. Hair grows the way it does because of how the hair follicle is positioned. It can also stand on end because of our emotional state or physical condition, e.g. cold, scared, hot, etc. The only time hair changes from magnetics is when we pass an electric current through our body.

While keeping this theory of hair acting as antenna in mind, I have noticed a few things with people. I have noticed that women with long hair are sometimes more sensitive emotionally then women with short hair. I also noticed that men with long hair are more feminine then men with short hair. This is not always true...

None of these are really true, though. Things that are sometimes true don't have any scientific basis. Hair doesn't sense emotions and feelings. It's an outgrowth of dead protein that can be physically moved to send signals to the brain (hair inside the ear) or act as filters (hair inside the nose). Emotions don't send any measurable disturbances through the air. Any sensing we do is from face recognition and how well we know the person.

Performing experiments on yourself can easily be self fulfilled. If you wanted to do a real experiment, you would bring in hundreds of people and let them observe others having intimate conversations, and record the results. That's actual evidence.

As far as hair colour and type is concerned, those things are highly customizable, and do impact what people think about the person wearing that style. People customize their hair because humans associate colour and figures with certain things. A persons natural hair colour and style doesn't say anything about them unless were talking about genetics. Artificial styling however definitely does say something.

This also brings up questions about shampoo and conditioners, and their unknown effects. I believe that some shampoos and conditioners actually make the hair more weak. It could be negatively effecting our minds.

You'll find that there are only a few active ingredients in things like shampoo, and they're practically the same as the ingredients in soap. It's all about removing dirt. If a chemical effects our mind, it's because it was absorbed into the bloodstream and taken to the brain, not an easy task when washing hair.

How Shampoo Works

As far as stories from The Bible go, they don't really have any place in science.

If I change my hair, it is most likely influenced by outside factors. It's the person that changes the hair, not the other way around.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
You just kind of went on about a bunch of anecdotal observations you made.

Are you aware that "observing" is what science is?

Hair length and color can influence personality (more the latter than the former) and hair length is probably a result of personality.

Yes, changes to the hair can effect personality also, but that isn't all, do you know what else it effects? Do you know of unknown effects that less sensitive people do not detect? Because I have observed many different effects.

It's kind of wrong to call the brain a bunch of "magnets" because they interact electrically rather than magnetically or electromagnetically.

Actually NO it is not wrong. It seems you have completely ignored my first post just so you can post your grudge driven drivel. In that case I will sit you down again:

The brain is made of neurons. Neurons are made of electrons, protons, and neutrons. And if you knew ANYTHING about those three things, you would know they are commonly referred as "small magnets". Here is a quote from Wiki, and I can find this quote in many places:

en.wikipedia.org...

Every electron, on account of its spin, is a small magnet (see Electron magnetic dipole moment).

ALSO, the very first thing I posted in this thread that you failed to read, was an explanation of how it is revolved around my theories. If you are unaware of my theories, it is the FACT that electricity and magnetism are the same thing. I can experimentally prove this, so can Maxwell's equations of electromagnetism. This theory is also resolved around Edward Leedskalnin's theory that electricity and magnetism are the same force calling is "magnetic current" instead of "electric current". Also, from the Egyptians who believe magnetism is the cosmic force that binds all things together, because it is. Electromagnetism is the force that holds ALL things together, including your brain and your hair.

As for eating certain proteins to prevent baldness, that doesn't make immediate sense without any study because it's more of a hormone problem than not having enough protein to make more hair. Your body just decides to stop producing it.

It only doesn't make immediate sense to you because you have very little knowledge.

In science, hair is made out of energy. Energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one type of energy to another type. When your body stops "creating" hair, it could possibly mean it isn't getting enough energy to convert into hair energy.

I never said it was the be all for hair loss, but I simply linked memory loss and hair loss to proteins. I discovered that memory loss and hair loss go hand in hand, and then found out that in medical research, proteins help with memory, and coincidentally strengthens hair. You can research that yourself and find out yourself. But of course, your only reason to be here is to TRY and fail miserably at debunking my theories, like you did in the last thread. Failure.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnionCloud
We are not physically a part of the transmission medium, it exists separately from us. If you are inferring that all humans are connected because of this, it's incorrect. If not, my apologies.

Actually you are incorrect. Separation is an illusion that fools you. Your skin, and hair, are electrons, protons, and neutrons with electromagnetic interactions. The air around you is the same thing. You are in constant electromagnetic interactions, and you breath air which is also inside of you causing electromagnetic interactions.

You must not think of things as separate "elements" because all "elements" are made of the same thing, electrons, protons, and neutrons. There are also a few reasons why we ARE directly connected tot he medium.

1: Our body heat from our entire body is directly effecting the air medium.
2: Our movements from our body are directly effecting the medium.
3: We are directly breathing in and out of the medium and using it as a part of our body.
4: The medium and its pressure is directly effecting our ears.

Also, here is the main reason. Electrons are freely able to pass from one medium to the next. So you are directly sharing electrons with the medium.

I'm not sure what you're trying to imply here. The magnetic force that you keep referring is actually the Strong Magnetic Force. It's what keeps things on the atomic level together and does not serve as a means for communication.

Electrons, protons, and neutrons all have electromagnetic interactions. Radio transmission's (communication) works by oscillating electromagnetic fields.

I believe that the human hair is capable of sensing weak electromagnetic signals, much like a real radio antenna does. Both hair, and radio antennas are made of electrons, protons, and neutrons. Actually I have proof that the human body as a whole could work as an antenna, I'm sure you have had to adjust a raido/tv antennae before, and got a better signal just by touching the metal.

I don't think that's an accurate assessment at all. Hair grows the way it does because of how the hair follicle is positioned. It can also stand on end because of our emotional state or physical condition, e.g. cold, scared, hot, etc. The only time hair changes from magnetics is when we pass an electric current through our body.

Yes I know, you don't have to tell me what I already know. Actually this thread is aimed at talking about what people don't know.

Hair, is made out of electrons, protons, and neutrons, which all can pretty much be called mini-magnets. This itself is proof that hair is just a stream of magnetic force.

Hair is also widely known to give electrons away, and cause strong electrostatic forces. Electrostatics and magnetism can be linked together with equations of moving charges.

Actually with simple RESEARCH!!, you can find a lot of neat information.

Here is a patent for a "Bio-enhanced magnetic device for promoting hair growth". www.freepatentsonline.com...

Here is a system that claims to uses magnetic force to strengthen hair:
www.la-story.com...

Actually with a few simple searches you can find a lot about magnetism and hair. Keep in mind, this thread is not created around these devices or systems, I didn't know about them till now. But I know magnetism has always been known to be a body healer.

This is not always true...

None of these are really true, though.

Things that are sometimes true don't have any scientific basis. Hair doesn't sense emotions and feelings.

It doesn't?? Now you are pretending to "know" when you don't have a damn clue. You even said yourself there is not YET any "scientific basis" that is why I am trying to find one. Then you go and say something like it is a fact. That is pretty rude.

It's an outgrowth of dead protein that can be physically moved to send signals to the brain (hair inside the ear) or act as filters (hair inside the nose).

So this entire time you been skeptical about my information, but then right here and now you say "physically moved to send signals to the brain".

You just proved me correct. Of course, you are unaware of the other signals your hair can send to your brain, because you are ignoring micro effects of electromagnetic interactions and waves in the air. You are thinking wind, I am thinking electromagnetic waves. Get it?

Emotions don't send any measurable disturbances through the air. Any sensing we do is from face recognition and how well we know the person.

There is actually "brain wave" measuring devices that can sense different emotions. These "brain waves" are being sent out into the medium we call "air" and CAN actually be sensed by many people.

I suggest you REASEARCH and look up information about "brain waves" and emotions.

Performing experiments on yourself can easily be self fulfilled. If you wanted to do a real experiment, you would bring in hundreds of people and let them observe others having intimate conversations, and record the results. That's actual evidence.

Actually, this thread was designed to get information from people. It's sad really the first poster was the only one that understood, or at least read the thread and knew its purpose. This thread was like a questionnaire, to see if anyone notice's any changes when they chain their hair. I don't care if its personality traits like self-esteem, or it its memory loss, sensibility loss, or anything. But some people, just don't read these days...

I am not doing "experiments" on myself, however, I did realize my sensing abilities were different when I grew my facial hair. This led me to wonder about the electromagnetic waves/interactions that the hair could possibly sense.

A persons natural hair colour and style doesn't say anything about them unless were talking about genetics. Artificial styling however definitely does say something.

Actually, in science, COLOR is based on light. Actually, when you have dark hair it collects more light. When you have blond hair, it reflects more light. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? I was wondering how this has an effect on brain waves, and what the brain sense. When someone has dark hair, and they are absorbing more light, it must have an effect on the brain. When you bleach your hair to be blond, that new color will reflect light, having a totally different effect. These things have never been studied which is why I am studying it. UNDERSTAND?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You'll find that there are only a few active ingredients in things like shampoo, and they're practically the same as the ingredients in soap. It's all about removing dirt.

Really? You are completely wrong again. Actually a lot of hair products these days are aimed at "strengthening the hair", or "making the hair more shinny", or "making the hair thicker, fuller", also there are MANY different "fragrances/smells". Also there is medicated shampoo that help with dandruff, and other scalp problems.

So you are not only 100% incorrect, but I think I am going to ignor anything you have to say from here on out, because you totally didn't even try to think before you posted. I hate that.

If a chemical effects our mind, it's because it was absorbed into the bloodstream and taken to the brain, not an easy task when washing hair.

WRONG again. Wow, you are on a record. I have another thread called "skin absorbs" and it shows how your skin absorbs! Much like nicotine patches, birth control patches, and other things you rub on your skin, your skin absorbs them, and gets into your blood stream.

However, your hair absorbs chemicals from shampoos, and this could effect things that I am wondering about, and which you think you already know.

As far as stories from The Bible go, they don't really have any place in science.

Because of your lack of knowledge on this subject, I will go easy on you.

There are many ancient texts, including the Bible, and many others, that have a lot of scientific knowledge in them, that was lost. Hair being one of them.

I was wondering why a lot of religions don't allow males to cut their hair. Also, there is a lot of texts that have lots of information about hair that is not known anywhere else. This was another reason for the creation of this thread.

Do you know why some religions aren't supposed to cut their hair?? Most likely not..

If I change my hair, it is most likely influenced by outside factors. It's the person that changes the hair, not the other way around.

There you go again, thinking you know. You know nothing.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Dear OnionCloud,

I love you.

Love,

John

John, you make your agenda really obvious with off topic posts like this. It seems your only reason to be here is to TRY and FAIL at debunking my theories. This is why you love anyone that helps you, and also fails. Your game is old, please take it somewhere else.

STAY ON TOPIC

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
If you didn't make things up, I would agree with you. But, alas, you do, and I don't.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Actually you are incorrect. Separation is an illusion that fools you. Your skin, and hair, are electrons, protons, and neutrons with electromagnetic interactions. The air around you is the same thing. You are in constant electromagnetic interactions, and you breath air which is also inside of you causing electromagnetic interactions.

You must not think of things as separate "elements" because all "elements" are made of the same thing, electrons, protons, and neutrons. There are also a few reasons why we ARE directly connected tot he medium.

Separation is not an illusion. I am not connected to the air. I can feel it blowing on my skin, but I can obviously not feel it in the vicinity around me. Unless you can more specifically describe what this connection is, then you cannot make a claim. "Electromagnetic interactions" is vague when describing a theory, and it would not hold up in science. The fact that everything is made of atoms, electrons, protons, and neutrons does not mean we are connected. It does not mean that I have some sort of mysterious cosmic connection with the universe (Akashic Record), nor any other connection.

Our bodies are made up of atoms, yes, but it's not that simple. All of our atoms are tied up with other atoms to make chemicals, molecules, proteins, etc. This is the basis for chemistry and life. An atom has to interact with another atoms electrons to connect to it, filling up its valence shell. Once its shell is full, no other atoms can interact with it. I am not connected to an atom that is a foot away from me, nor am I connected to the air space over the land mass known as Africa. My body heat may interact with atoms a foot away from me, but that's through the heating of the atoms around me in air which makes a gas expand (molecules moving faster and bouncing off each other) and rise. Not because they have bonded with me. Effecting something does not mean I am connected to it. Air inside a container can be heated up to cause greater pressure, but it won't bond with the metal unless you oxidize the metal, removing electrons from it so that the oxygen can interact with the metal.

Electrons can not freely pass from one medium to the next unless there is room in the atoms valence shell to accept an electron, or excess in another. Passing an electron does not bond one atom to the other, either. In most elements, the amount of electrons and protons are the same. Gold, however, has a lot of free electrons that are bound to the metal lattice, but not any particular atom. This means that it readily transmits electricity. However, an electric current in metal is merely a flow of electrons, not atoms, neutrons, protons, etc., and does not serve as a bond.

In electrolytes, the flow of electricity is due to free ions. An ion is an atom that has lost or gained an electron in it's valence shell, thus giving it more or less electrons than protons, giving it a positive or negative charge. These free ions are not bound in the solution (most of the time it's liquids, sometimes gases). If you add an electrolyte to water that will disassociate and add free ions, it will conduct electricity. There are solid electrolyte conductors known as Proton Conductors, and they are made of ceramics because their pore size is small enough that larger negative ions are locked into the solid matrix, and only very small ions can participate in direct current.

I have a feeling this won't help you understand though, because I can tell you're not interested in real science, just psuedoscience.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I believe that the human hair is capable of sensing weak electromagnetic signals, much like a real radio antenna does. Both hair, and radio antennas are made of electrons, protons, and neutrons. Actually I have proof that the human body as a whole could work as an antenna, I'm sure you have had to adjust a radio/tv antennae before, and got a better signal just by touching the metal.

What you believe and what is true are two different things. Using the human body as an antenna is not 100% accurate, and only works because we are changing the electronic resonance of the antenna. Our bodies can conduct electrons, and the bigger the antenna the more electrons it can receive and pass on to the equipment that turns that signal into audio. The antenna doesn't actually know what it is transmitting, it's just an electromagnetic radio wave. It's the parts inside the radio that do the work to translate it to a sensible audio signal. I suggest reading this.

Hair, is made out of electrons, protons, and neutrons, which all can pretty much be called mini-magnets. This itself is proof that hair is just a stream of magnetic force.

Hair is also widely known to give electrons away, and cause strong electrostatic forces. Electrostatics and magnetism can be linked together with equations of moving charges.

Actually with simple RESEARCH!!, you can find a lot of neat information.

Here is a patent for a "Bio-enhanced magnetic device for promoting hair growth". www.freepatentsonline.com...

Here is a system that claims to uses magnetic force to strengthen hair:
www.la-story.com...

These devices don't work. It's like the Q-Ray ionic bracelet. It doesn't work. It's a sham. A typical magnet does not do anything to the human body. If it did, we couldn't build things like the Large Hadron Collider because bodies would be torn apart if a simple magnetic bracelet effects the flow of our blood. MRI's use a powerful magnetic field to align the nuclear magnetization of (usually) hydrogen atoms in water in the body. You don't hear about people growing their hair back after going in to an MRI. A magnetic field is a magnetic field, no matter how you slice it.

Actually with a few simple searches you can find a lot about magnetism and hair. Keep in mind, this thread is not created around these devices or systems, I didn't know about them till now. But I know magnetism has always been known to be a body healer.

It has been know as a healer in the field of pseudoscience. The same place where acupuncture and energized water therapy are.

It doesn't?? Now you are pretending to "know" when you don't have a damn clue. You even said yourself there is not YET any "scientific basis" that is why I am trying to find one. Then you go and say something like it is a fact. That is pretty rude.

What are you on about? I was referring to the fact that you noticed that sometimes people with long hair are more sensitive. This is an anecdote with no basis in science. It lists none of the factors of when you "recorded" this data. Where was it? What time, date? What was the subject of conversation to which this person was sensitive? Do you know this persons history? Perhaps they already had experienced something similar and therefor were able to have more empathy for the topic of discussion. Things that are true "sometimes" have no place in science. "Sometimes" is not a specific measurement and lacks data.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by OnionCloud]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

So this entire time you been skeptical about my information, but then right here and now you say "physically moved to send signals to the brain".

You just proved me correct. Of course, you are unaware of the other signals your hair can send to your brain, because you are ignoring micro effects of electromagnetic interactions and waves in the air. You are thinking wind, I am thinking electromagnetic waves. Get it?

There is actually "brain wave" measuring devices that can sense different emotions. These "brain waves" are being sent out into the medium we call "air" and CAN actually be sensed by many people.

Brain waves are NOT sent out into the air. They are not nearly strong enough to be sent any distance. An AM antenna has to be 361 feet tall to send out a signal on 900Mhz. This signal perpetrates a few hundred miles in the day, and farther in the night due to less interaction with the sun and atmosphere.

A "brainwave reading machine" is called an EEG, electroencephalograph. The electrodes have to make physical contact with the brain to make a reading. In some cases an EEG machine can't even read the signals that go on deep within your brain. We'd have to have a device on our body more sensitive that a computer that detects and amplifies these signals when in physical contact with the scalp. We don't have these devices, because we'd be able to read minds if we did.

You're essentially trying to prove telepathy, you know that? EEGs don't read emotions, they read electrical activity in the brain. Emotions do change the electrical activity of the brain, but lots of things do. Diseases, for instance. Can you tell someone has a disease by looking at them? Unless it has an obvious change in their appearance and/or behaviour, you can't. Telepathy is not real. Not for humans, at least. Maybe if you were a Betazoid I'd believe you.

I am not doing "experiments" on myself, however, I did realize my sensing abilities were different when I grew my facial hair. This led me to wonder about the electromagnetic waves/interactions that the hair could possibly sense.

Again, anecdotal evidence. Perhaps you were depressed when you let your hair grow, which definitely effects your view of the world. Anecdotes don't serve as evidence in science.

Actually, in science, COLOR is based on light. Actually, when you have dark hair it collects more light. When you have blond hair, it reflects more light. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE? I was wondering how this has an effect on brain waves, and what the brain sense. When someone has dark hair, and they are absorbing more light, it must have an effect on the brain. When you bleach your hair to be blond, that new color will reflect light, having a totally different effect. These things have never been studied which is why I am studying it. UNDERSTAND?

These things have not been researched because light doesn't have an effect on the brain in regards to hair. It has an effect on the brain in regards to skin, though. Do some research on Vitamin D.

As far as dark and light hair, when light is absorbed it is transformed into heat energy. That's why the inside of a black car is much hotter in the summer than the inside of a white car. One reflects more heat than the other. Hair colour is an evolutionary trait. It is generally agreed that black hair is most likely the original colour. Modern humans come from the Sub-Saharan plains in Africa, and moved out from there. In places like that, dark black hair was an evolutionary adaptation for our species. Afro hair in particular. Here's a little wikipedia article you can peruse about the subject. This is assuming you believe in evolution, which I am doubting at this point in time.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Really? You are completely wrong again. Actually a lot of hair products these days are aimed at "strengthening the hair", or "making the hair more shinny", or "making the hair thicker, fuller", also there are MANY different "fragrances/smells". Also there is medicated shampoo that help with dandruff, and other scalp problems.

Did you read the link I put in my original post? I don't think you did. The only difference between soap and shampoo (we're talking about dirt removal here) is the base of the surfactants. They operate on the same principals, but the surfactants in shampoo remove less oil than soap, which is good for the hair since it is protected by the oils that it is coated in. Chemicals that are added to do other functions such as "strengthening the hair" attach themselves to hair to make it smoother. It's like patching a hole in a wall with putty. Read this.

WRONG again. Wow, you are on a record. I have another thread called "skin absorbs" and it shows how your skin absorbs! Much like nicotine patches, birth control patches, and other things you rub on your skin, your skin absorbs them, and gets into your blood stream.

I didn't say that your skin doesn't absorb chemicals. When the skin absorbs a chemical such as nicotine, it enters the blood stream and gets delivered to your brain. A chemical like nicotine is what's known as a psychoactive. This means it directly effects your brain. If a hair company put a psychoactive chemical in their shampoo, you would see it become very popular quickly, and then be banned from the market. Unless you believe in conspiracies of mind control or something, heh.

Your hair cannot delivery chemicals to your brain. Molecules can bond with your hair, which is why people who work at fast food restaurants smell of fat after a long shift. However, you cannot get fat by working at a restaurant and having those airborne molecules attach to your hair.

Because of your lack of knowledge on this subject, I will go easy on you.

There are many ancient texts, including the Bible, and many others, that have a lot of scientific knowledge in them, that was lost. Hair being one of them.

Where's your proof? The burden of proof is on you since you're making the claim the requires it, so I will gladly wait for your proof that The Bible has science in it. Go ahead, prove scientifically how Moses separated the water, or how Jesus walked on water. Myself, and all other Atheist, will greatly appreciate proving all of us wrong. I have a feeling I will be dead before this happens.

I was wondering why a lot of religions don't allow males to cut their hair. Also, there is a lot of texts that have lots of information about hair that is not known anywhere else. This was another reason for the creation of this thread.

Do you know why some religions aren't supposed to cut their hair?? Most likely not..

They're called superstitions and wives tales. That's why. As I have previously stated the burden of scientific proof is on you. A 2000 year old anecdote is not proof.

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ALLis0NEabcnews.go.com...
m.livescience.com...
edit on 20-3-2016 by Aero202 because: Posted wrong link

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aero202

You bumped an eight year old thread, to provide links totally unrelated to the OPs silly "theory".....

new topics

top topics

join