It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Army of Fun: Video Arcade to Lure Recruits

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Perhaps one of the older members can help me here;

For some reason, i recall stories of army recruiters hanging around the old arcade amusements back in the 70s - i get the feeling i must have heard it off one of my relatives.

Anyway, as for what skunk was saying about people being retards (not a nice thing to say in the first place), i think he might be a little over-exaggerating his case there a little.

A lot of people go into the army expecting to be deployed to a warzone.

What they don't expect, however - is living in a barracks in that warzone, and constantly going in and out of a hostile environment every single day.

That's the kind of thing they need to tell the kids about, that the mommys and daddys already in the army spend every single day looking death full on in the face.

Although of course, you can't expect them to tell kids about that sort of thing, can you?

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

So.. the military is about riding around in with your buddies, blasting people with turbans while "rock me like a hurricane" is blasting on the radio. War isn't a game, and that's the way they are portraying it. Besides, this is old news. Google a game called America's Army and you'll see what I mean.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No surprise here. Look at the number of tactical first person shooters being released for home gaming consoles and PC. Sure the games are popular, but I promise you that the military has a bit of a hand ensuring that these games are being produced.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by zephyrs

They have had more than a hand in helping producing some of these games. Again, look at America's Army.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join