It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Napolitano Approves Prohibition on Real ID (ARIZONA)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Gov. Napolitano Approves Prohibition on Real ID (ARIZONA)

www.freedomsphoenix.com

Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano signed a bill today that prohibits the implementation of the REAL ID in Arizona. SB2677 received a Final vote of approval in the House last week by an overwhelming margin of 51 to 1. Napolitano’s signature was uncertain until today when she signed the bill into law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Excelent, first oklahoma, now this, brilliant!

www.freedomsphoenix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is awesome!!! Yet another reason to be happy that I have recently moved to PHX

Let's hope that more states keep following suit...pretty certain that my home state of Michigan will never fall prey to the ID scam either, as there are far too many fiercely independent Michiganders who would be willing to 'stick it to the man' for lack of a better term.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A big thumbs up
from this AZ native... Thatta Girl,Auntie Janet!!!

And, for Karen Johnson, I have much respect. It is a shame that she has decided not to seek re-election. ( Hopefully, for a run at the top spot.)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow! I would not have expected her to stand at the vanguard of this in the States.

Stop the Chip NOW! Fight the Real ID in your state or the similar ID in your province or nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Janet is doing good things for Arizona, I'm glad i voted for her. I met her a few years ago, and she's a down to earth person.

Thanks, Janet!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

Actually Michigan is one of the few states that has supported the Real ID act. They are definitely in the minority as most other states have passed resolutions against implementing it.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just sent off a thank you email to Janet.

If you wish to contact her:
www.azgovernor.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wow, you just don't get it do you? The gov of AZ is a huge ILLEGAL ALIEN LOVER and has done ZERO to curb the $hit going on at the border. This is a move to insure that the illegals are not leveraged against - and thus she can be the savior of the day and perpetuate the BS that continues rampant within this state...

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

You have a very valid point on that. The woman has done everything in her power to coddle the illegal aliens in the state, including vetoing the state's attempt to require any state run service provider (medical, emergency, welfare, etc) to contact INS if the people they were assisting didn't have valid citizenship papers.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You do realize if the illegals left Arizona our economy locally would be shot! Look around for petes sake arizona is full of illegals and its still a great state. They take up all the BS jobs out in the 110 degree weather that most people dread of doing.

What would happen if you deported them all out of here at once? Do you know how many businesses, especially privately owned businesses would go under? And don't give me that "then they shouldn't have hired them BS" the reason why they do get hired is because no legal wants the job.

Get over it their here and it's going to be impossible to keep them out. Establish laws that prevent further immigration if you feel the need to, theres no need in trying to undo what cant be undone. It's just like gay marriage, in the end the worlds still here and no one is negatively affected.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... another faceless apologist... yea, they also cost the state and our country BILLIONS!!!! Oh, and here's a little tid bit for you - the majority of their money is wired into Mexico. Yea, they really keep our economy afloat. Also, I can tell you, that if the cheap a$$ corp. bastards didn't try to pinch blood out of every penny, most Americans WOULD work outside for a GOOD wage. Its not that they ILLEGALS do jobs Americans won't do, its that AMERICANS are not as STUPID as illegals to work for a job that pays pennies on the dollar. ILLEGALS can get by, by doing such cheap labor because they LIVE 10 FAMILIES to a unit and all chip in...

Oh, and a HUGE increase in diseases that America got rid of decades ago are on the the rise. How you say? Oh thats right, they are being imported into our country by means of ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!

[edit on 19-6-2008 by pityocamptes]

top topics

join