It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When McCain Drops Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

When McCain Drops Out

news.yahoo.com

At some point in mid August, John McCain will announce that he has decided that he can not accept his party's nomination for president. The reason will be health-related, and that may turn out to be the truth. Anyone who's seen him on stage these days knows he looks like he's about to keel over. And anyone who's been on a presidential campaign knows the physical demands are grueling and can be a challenge for a young man.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Wow, Iwonder who will take his place if he does drop out?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I read this yesterday. I would hope they would give it to Ron Paul but I know that will never happen. At this point though, I don't think it will really matter. If McCain can't do it, why would they think someone else could?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Wouldnt it be great if they did replace him with ron paul, It would be epic wouldnt it, we'll have to wait and see..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

It would restore my faith in the system. Therefore, I know it would never happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think something is happening in your government at the moment, there seems to be alot of rebelion in certain states, Like Arizona (real ID) Oklahoma Declaring sovereinty and recalling the bill for nafta.. its looking positive..

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The article does a good job at providing a sound logic as to why a McCain victory would be akin to Truman famous come back victory in 1948 . Otherwise IMO McCain quieting at the ninth hour is nothing more then a fantasy the core supporter base of the Republican party will have to wake up to reality once again soon enough . Condi name is only being thrown about as a poor attempted to distract from the fact that Huckabee(SP?) is McCain VP pick .

It really is a slow news period when stories like this one appear .

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Pure conjecture. Nonsense really.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him drop out and be replaced by a dove, but it ain't gonna happen.

S.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is fantasizing by Obama desciples.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Straight Razor
This fantasizing by Obama desciples.

And this is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of the forum. One line posts are a no no.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Ok, well, I don't see how this is breaking news since it is somebody's personal prediction or speculation.

I don't see it happening at all, unless he has a heart attack or something. Not after the amount of money and time he has invested in his campaign.

I do believe this article is a piece of garbage, actually. It's a person's pipe dream!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Originally posted by Straight Razor
This fantasizing by Obama desciples.

And this is a violation of the Terms and Conditions of the forum. One line posts are a no no.

This is...
fantasizing by Obama desciples.

And probably Ron Paul fans as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I could see him dropping dead in Aug. but not dropping out. He has never been this close to winning the big prize. As his health goes just look at Chaney.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Straight Razor

That's better. I don't think you will find many Ron Paul fans that honestly believe he has a snowballs chance of the Republican party selecting him. We've seen what to expect.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Give it to Ron Paul? That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a while. The Ron Paul Fantasy is Over...get over it!

That would be so refreshing for the Republicans to get rid of McCain.

The nomination would go to the GOP Convention, and according to delegates won, the most likely victor would be Mitt Romney.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Oh, great, just great! So, we have a Morman who believes in magic underwear and a white Jesus in North America, or a Medical Doctor who doesn't understand evoloution, and would rather believe in creation!

Great, just great....

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I don't believe the article, but hypothetically, if McCain did withdraw because of health reasons wouldn't it go to Huckabee? He has 278 delegates, and Romney has 271.

CNN Election Center

Or would the delegates get to re-vote at the convention? Anyone know?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
While I don't believe the story in the OP, I will say that McCain does look like some sort of Franken-candidate. He is so pale, stiff and monotone, all he needs are some bolts coming out of his neck to make people run screaming.

I do hope he is not ill. Seriously.

But if any scenario results in another southern, fundamentalist Christian president I will just have to move.

BTW, I am seriously reconsidering my vote for Obama based on this drilling for coastal oil issue. McCain is right about that, we ought to ease restrictions. Obama needs to get real or I might have to vote for Bob Barr.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
While I don't believe the story in the OP, I will say that McCain does look like some sort of Franken-candidate. He is so pale, stiff and monotone, all he needs are some bolts coming out of his neck to make people run screaming.

Now, I am not a fan of McCain's politics in the least, but there is a very good reason why he appears so stiff all the time.

When he was shot down in Vietnam and captured he ended up with two broken arms, and while in captivity he wasn't given proper medical attention for these.

So now he can't lift his arms above his shoulders, in this thread, McCain's Secret, Questionable (Military) Record, I was trying to figure out why McCain was getting 100% disability (of which not being able to raise ones arms above the shoulders doesn't qualify, actually still don't know why he gats 100% diability pension!) and did a search on the internet to see if there were any pictures of McCain waving with his arms above his shoulders, there aren't any!

That is why he appears "stiff" all the time, due to the fact that he can't move his arms very well, they are "stiff" to a certain degree.

I know you may not have known this, and if you did you might not have made that comment, that is why I chose to add this little tid-bit of information here so that other people understand why he appears so "stiff" on camera.

As for the "pale" and "monotone", you'll get no argument from me there!

It seems like the only time he ever shows emotions are when he's mad or hugging Bush!

[edit on 6/18/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I know...I'm going straight to hell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join