It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian metal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Not sure if this is a conspiracy if not please move this to the correct forum.

I was jut wondering everyones views on the subject. Do you think its contradictory? Do you think its wrong?

My personal opinion(I'm far from religious) but I say anything that preaches the followings of Jesus and stays true to the bible it shouldn't matter how the message is delivered.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by cg001

Why does metal have to be automatically evil?
I've played in many metal bands, and religion never even came up in any way shape or form.
Politics, partying, sex, and drugs, sometimes all in the same song.
Satan or god?
Why bother. They get more than enough attention already, and it hasn't done anyone one bit of good.....

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Meh... as long as it sounds good then who cares if it's about God or the Devil?

But why should the christians get their own special label? What about neo-judaic trance, or atheistic jazz or whatever???

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If you are an english teacher I once had in highschool, it matters. Music is evil and corrupting our youth!

I could swear it was a throwback to Elvis and his 'hip-shaking evil'. He actually acted insulted when I told him to grow up and join the rest of us here in the present.

On topic: Christian Metal is a clever way to keep kids in the faith, and to bring money into the various pockets. At the end of the day, it makes those who preach and sell rich.

Maybe that is the real conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spines
If you are an english teacher I once had in highschool, it matters. Music is evil and corrupting our youth!

I could swear it was a throwback to Elvis and his 'hip-shaking evil'. He actually acted insulted when I told him to grow up and join the rest of us here in the present.

On topic: Christian Metal is a clever way to keep kids in the faith, and to bring money into the various pockets. At the end of the day, it makes those who preach and sell rich.

Maybe that is the real conspiracy here.

I agree to an extent.

Some of my favorite bands are christian and totally underground. They are in it for the fans and to praise Jesus. I know a lot of bands do it for the money but there are the few that stand out.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i find the concept of christian metal pretty amusing...in my opinion, growling and screaming just doesn't seem vey well suited to getting the concepts of christianity across. to each their own though!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

How does that make it any different than say Benny Hinn?
You want evil.....
I always wondered why these clowns got to do their thing on t.v., but you never see satanist programming. Seems a bit onesided.
Anyway, they can call it what ever they want, but it's usually pretty watered down so they don't lose true metal fans, by nature an anarchistic bunch that doesn't appreciate being preached at no matter what the message is...........

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Zao is the first band that came to my mind when I read this thread. They started off very preachy, but as time went on they became less preachy and just made some darn good metalcore. I'm an agnostic I guess, if you like labels, but I tend to enjoy some Christian metal. August Burns Red and Norma Jean are both great bands with Christian overtones.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea, and well suited to the Religion. Since it is a "fear " based religion and uses alot of scare tactics. Its too bad that they did not have some hardcore Christian Death Metal during the Inquisition!! Can't you just see the music video for that!!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
This thread reminded me about this radio station in albuquerque. It's called M88 and it's a christian radio station.

Well get this. The band Flyleaf I guess one of the members got soul saved. So now their playing them on this christian radio station just because one of the members of a very non christian band got saved.
I mean their hit song is "I'm So Sick".

It's very hypocritical I think. Why don't they start playing Korn on there too. Didn't the guitarist recently become a missionary?

O and how is Norma Jean christian in anyway?

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure if you've seen Norma Jean live or not, but I've seen them with both the old singer and the new guy and both times they ended their sets with "God Bless you all!" I'm not saying their songs are preaching Christianity, but they are definitely a band of Christians.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cg001

As a Christian (who loves Demon Hunter), I find no commandment in the bible: "Thou Shalt Not Rock Out", do you?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
here are some christian metal/thrash bands,

Horde

The Chariot

Demon Hunter

Extol

As I Lay Dying

Antestor

Underoath

Admonish

Mortification

Living Sacrifice

And of course...

Stryper

Edit: To give an answer to your question, what would the reflected environmental violence of I AM sound like? I think there is a place and time for nearly every type of music out there, and metal definitely embodies the more critical aspects of it's being.

The soundtrack to Megiddo, Creation etc.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by depth om]

new topics

top topics

join