It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Kill Adolph Hitler, Before He Was Born?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've got an interesting question for ATS'ers here and it will take some deep thought on your part before you answer the question because it is not a simple yes and no question, no matter your thoughts on the person, no matter your thoughts on ethics, no matter your thoughts on morals, no matter your political views, no matter your beliefs, no matter your thoughts on history.

Considering this question is quite simply a question of philosophy as well as psychology. It is important that you carefully consider the question.

Would You Kill Adolph Hitler, Before He Was Born?

The reason I prefaced this question with the careful consideration comments and as well ethics, morals, and political views, is quite simply I expressed the question in the past tense of killing the man before he was born. This question is quite simple in that I am asking if you would murder the unborn baby in his mother's womb.

This is before Adolf Hitler has caused 11 million deaths of Jews, Gypsies, and foreigners in concentration camps, before the blitzkrieg into Poland, before almost annihilating the majority of Europe.

This is before also anything in the realm of psychological scaring that may have turned him into a madman bent on world domination.

This is before whatever events along his childhood and teenage years may have provoked him into action to join the war during World War I.

This is before he wrote Mein Kampf.

This is before he ever initiated the fire Reichstag facility that caused his scapegoating the Jews to the German masses, in essence a false flag operation.

Would You Kill Adolf Hitler, Before He Was Born?

This is a philosophical as well as a psychological question.

It's not a simple yes or no question, no matter how you dice it up, no matter how you phrase it back, because as the unborn Adolph Hitler, he has not done any of the actions you know from your history books, from your conspiracy theories, or from your grandfather and grandmother's recollections of WWII.

I am no Nazi-sympathizer, nor do I believe in Naziism, or Fascism.

What if, you murdering him as an unborn infant was to cause an even worse tragedy in history?

What if murdering him in the womb through an abortion were to send his mother or father on a rampage of violent action and murder, and through that they intentionally but unknowingly murder your great-grandfather or great-grandmother, or someone else in your family tree, making it so you wee never born.

What if murdering him in the womb through an abortion were to stop Jesus Christ from coming back into this existence?

What if murdering him in the womb through an abortion were to stop the War on Terror before it ever got started but in doing so created a War on Homosexuals on Lesbians?

What if murdering him in the womb through an abortion were to stop the War on Terror before it ever got started but in doing so created a War on Blacks?

What if murdering him in the womb through an abortion were to stop the War on Terror before it ever got started but in doing so created a War on Mars?

Think and consider your answer thoroughly.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I agree with your statement that you do not know the alternative outcome.

To quote Frodo and Gandalf

He deserves death."

"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Nope. Just like in the game 'Red Alert'of Command and Conquer maybe we would all be speaking Russian in Europe.

Or maybe i would infiltrate Adolfs life and steer him clear from that path of hate and use his power to convince for positive things rather than the destructional one he walked.

But i would not kill him at any rate. It pushes open a door that needs to be kept closed looking at the movie 'minority report' Let's just keep it linear for the time being.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
no, I wouldn't kill him.

In WW1 his life was spared as a compassionate act by a british 'tommy' as he couldn't shoot a running man in the back.

Hitler actually held this act of humanitarianism highly... and yet illness and madness would descend him into a monster.

Hitler was a tool of the elite, just as all leaders are, and as bad as he was, his madness and illness actually saved western europe from destruction.

A sane man would of destroyed the UK first, consolidated power and THEN took on Russia with no rear ward enemies.

Thank God a mad man was in charge and not an astute and brilliant sane German general.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Contrary to popular religious opinion I dont believe any child is born evil ("born in sin"). So rather than killing the kid I´d lead it to other paths of education.

Yours is a variation of the basic philosophical question of "would you kill one to save millions", to which I do not have the answer because the answer depends on many, many factors.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

And risk the rise to power of an unknown factor: of a man - in Germany or somewhere else - whose empire would not only be as "evil" as his but perhaps even more effective militarily...?

And why Hitler, after all?
Why not "kill" Princip before he kills Franz Ferdinand?

Without WW I there would be no WW II.

That is not even mentioning that such a mediation (Hitler) would wipe out of history most of the Americans nd Europeans born after WW II...

I understand this is an idle question; but even idle questions have to be well-thought out to be of benefit.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It is curious question. I don't believe in abortion in and of itself. I don't believe that we have any idea what any of our babies will turn out to be. So the answer to your question is no I would not kill him.

If abortion had not been, or was not a viable option to any female what would happen then? Well I believe that there would be a lot more thought put out to our... hmmm.... breeding habits. The human race might be a little more careful at what they are doing. That said, having been no abortions the world would be a different place too.

There is no right or wrong, but thinking makes it so.--Hamlet

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I do not believe in abortion....at all. I also dont believe a baby is born "evil".

There would be no way of knowing if he could have become a different person, if he was raised in a different environment, etc.

Way too many factors involved on why someone turns out the way they do. We can not predict how an unborn baby will turn out and what kind of adult they will be come.

Therefore, no I would not kill him.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
how could the US have the power it has without hitler? We wouldnt have military bases all over the world. the great depression wouldnt have ended as quickly. Forget having rocket techology. atom bomb? and only at the the price of millons. power is priceless i suppose

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I also do not believe in abortion. While I believe it is a woman's choice to do so, I could never do it myself.

I do believe every child is born innocent. He was a product of his environment somehow. He might have been completely different if he was born into a different situation.

His brain might have just been different or diseased in some way.
Here is an article that explains how psychopaths can have different or diseased brains in some cases.

www.cerebromente.org.br...

Why sociopaths have these characteristics ? Are their brains different from those of normal people ? Do they display pathological alterations ?

It's an interesting article and may help you to understand why he was the way he was.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Without knowing what he was or was about to do, you would have no reason for killing him in the first place as you wouldnt even know who he was.

A more important question would be:-

If you went back in time and killed Adolf Hitler at birth, what effect would it have on the world today?

[edit on 18/6/08 by Wotan]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I do believe every child is born innocent. He was a product of his environment somehow. He might have been completely different if he was born into a different situation.

His brain might have just been different or diseased in some way.
Here is an article that explains how psychopaths can have different or diseased brains in some cases.

He did suffer from dementia praecox.
After his assassination attempt, he also developed Parkinson's disease.
(My strictly personal opinion is that his conscience caught up with him - as is the case with many, though not all - Parkinson's and dementia sufferers. It may sound "airy fairy", but I really have given this a lot of thought. But that's beside the point right now.)

For what it's worth, we also know that he was severely beaten by his father, on a regular basis.

I don't think he was a psychopath, not at all. MAYBE a sociopath, but not a psychopath. (But that's beside the point, too.)

He was propelled to unimaginable, vertiginous heights of power by the people, fueled by very specific circumstances deriving directly from WW I.

And if he did dabble in the occult, as it seems to be the case, then there is no wonder that he ended as he did.

Of course, just HOW exactly did he really end, we don't know...
But that's beside the point, too.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Contrary to popular religious opinion I dont believe any child is born evil ("born in sin").

This is totally (or at least grossly) off-topic, so I hope you and the rest forgive me, but I just wanted to point out that, in my opinion, the concept of being "born in sin" does not mean being "evil" - it means being WEAK, prone to doubt and "falls".

The rest of my stance on the thread subject I've already stated.
Sorry for the slight deviation.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Temporal Mechanics aside , if you had access to a time machine and went back to before Hilter was born to kill his mother, Your philosophy is to kill an innocent to stop a monster.- What did she as a person do to you?.

The following possibilities include sci-fi series ( *** ) along those lines:

3 possibilities:

A) if you went back and say WW1 you killed him on the battlefield your memories would alter and you wouldn't realise why you were there. You'd reppear in your time with no recollection of what happened. you's dismiss it as either deja vu or just say " what am i doing here?" then continue on your way. (TIMECOP - THE SUPPORTING CAST BACK AT BASE )

B) your timeline stays and is a fixed line that would mean that you return to your original time and the world you knew would have changed drastically. Might be better, might be worse? (TIMECOP- JC VAN DAMMES TIME LINE)

3) There are infinite timelines based on whatever decisions are made. Therefore you didn't kill the Hitler in your timelines past but an alternate version of him. In which case no changes are made and you flip to your own time if your lucky. (SLIDERS)

So saying that my opinion and it is just that , is that there are infinite possibilites , will I go to work today , shall i turn left or right?
Until we as a culture develop time travel we'll never know what we would do. Besides until we do develop it we'll never know if its 1 time line or many? Different dimensions based on choices we make or what?
who knows
I for one don't .

Time travel - the greatest threat period greater than any bomb or invading army or spoken word. The temptation to make a change could have devastating effects for us all.

I for one wouldn't kill him as he had an important part to play in our history ( evil though iT was , it still is OUR history), we all have a part to play and have contact with many people during our day even though we dont realise it.
For example the cute girl you passed on the street this morning, if she took a right turn instead of a left you wouldn't have seen her , therefore she wouldn't be in your past, your future's altered already as you remember something about her. Her clothes, her smile? her hair? You wouldn't have that if you didnt see her.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tricky. We should all realize that messing around with something like this could change the future entirely. Think of all that came due to WWII. our history would be completely different some of us might not even exsist if we were to mess it up. It is not our place to play god and try and change the past.

If anything we should focus to try and change our future for the best possible outcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
hmm has anyone thought of the rise of also communism in his time especially in russia. I believe he was killed at the right time weakening europe an russia and putting america at the top and allowing capitalism to work

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I wouldnt have killed him nor his mother - as Ive mentioned previously in other "Hitler related" threads, Hitler was a "great" leader when you look at what he was able to achieve whilst in power before the outbreak of WW2.

Now, I would have (if able to of course) approached him before or just when he became leader and asked for a quite word with him. I would then have told him a few things about himself from knowing history to prove to him that I am from the future and would then suggest to him to go about matters differently.

Hitler was in the position where if he put his efforts properly in te right way, could have made Germany the major superpower of the world, and the US would not have got the leg up that it has now.

We all know that the USA benefited from Operation Paperclip and getting half the Nazi scientists for their own benefit.

I would have told Hitler to negotiate with England and the USA prior to any breakout of war to initiate the creation of a Caucasian/Anglo Alliance that would have immediately supressed and detered any form of Russian threat against Europe that may have arisen.

Not only this but over the years that would follow, it would also deter any expansion of Muslim Fundamentalism in the mid east.

theres are heap of "what if's " associated with this topic and all replies and opinions are interesting. This has been my opinion, and am glad to contribute.

Before I end, I would just like to say, I think it would be great if there would be a director that would make a movie of what the world would be like now (with scientific and geo-political analysis) if the German's had won World War 2.

Look forward to the responses

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nahsik
hmm has anyone thought of the rise of also communism in his time especially in russia. I believe he was killed at the right time weakening europe an russia and putting america at the top and allowing capitalism to work

You are forgetting though, that at the time just prior to WW2, the Soviet Union was a weak and militarily unadvanced power. It had just gotten a bloody nose from the Russo-Finish War.

Also the British Empire was at its Peak then and the Royal Navy ruled the waves. The US was at its most isolationist stage then. The Japanese Empire's advance through the Far East was unstoppable.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
There was a film out with rutger hauur or how ever you spell his name. He played a german officer in 1960's ( Churchill had fled to Canada) I think and I remember he approaching the then president in his limo as the president was going to meet with a still living hitler. He gave him a dossier full of pictues of the concentration camps and the president backed out , he then was shot and died in a phone booth. Cant remember the name of the film though sorry.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
A very OLD question... and the basis of the I Claudius books right after WWI. The question is do you commit evil to prevent evil. Logically, it is flawed because we know the result and that influences the answer. More so, in the case of Hitler, he did not do it all alone.

As far as do people commit evil to prevent evil, we do it all the time. Capital punishment is a good example. The state executes the murderer arguing once dead she won't kill again and executing her will prevent other women from killing.

[edit on 18-6-2008 by Straight Razor]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join